Encrypt the Web! Automatically use HTTPS security on many sites.
HTTPS Everywhere is an extension created by EFF and the Tor Project which automatically switches thousands of sites from insecure "http" to secure "https". It will protect you against many forms of surveillance and account hijacking, and some forms of censorship. Source code and bug tracker are available at https://github.com/efforg/https-everywhere. **Please do not submit bug reports in the reviews!** (I can't respond to them there.) Changelog: https://www.eff.org/files/Changelog.txt ------- IMPORTANT NOTE: ------- If HTTPS Everywhere causes a site to look weird or break, you can disable it for that site using the button in the address bar in the top right of your screen. HTTPS Everywhere for Chrome is currently in beta, and a few such issues are inevitable due to bugs in websites' HTTPS support. Also watch for a "shield" button in the address bar, which means that Chrome blocked insecure portions of the page. Sometimes pages will look weird with their insecure portions removed. Clicking on the shield will let you load them, but will reduce your security and privacy. Special thanks to Aaron Swartz, Mike Perry, Jay Weisskopf, Nick Semenkovich, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews, Yan Zhu, Vijay P., and William Budington for their work on the Chrome port.
- (2020-04-07) Francesco Pettinato: Ma è ancora supportato? Non è aggiornato da qualche anno ormai!
- (2020-04-06) AHMAD AIT BOUNASSER: excellent and Great i use it on Chrome and Firefox to, 👍
- (2020-04-02) David Percy: It has flagged every non https site thats come along. So I gave it 5 stars. If you're not paranoid in today's world, then you're insane.
- (2020-04-01) Miro Junior: Simples e seguro.
- (2020-03-31) Faheem Ahmad: needs more development and full tls 1.3 support
- (2020-03-29) thechambz55: Does what it says! 5/5.
- (2020-03-29) Cenon Manansala: Very secure and reliable!
- (2020-03-28) Fighting Teacher: Works great!
- (2020-03-23) QQ Q: Why does permission required browsing history?
- (2020-03-21) miran lorin: img6.wsimg.com Be the first to write a review and help others with your feedback
- (2020-03-20) Geronimo553: A must have app. I have used it for five years and I love it. (just be sure the icon is red so you know it is turned on)
- (2020-03-19) Douglas Runde: wow just noticed you acknowledged Aaron Swartz. Nice!
- (2020-03-18) Sammy Jelin: Spamware. Multiple times today it took over one of my tabs to show me an ad for itself.
- (2020-03-17) Christian Nönken: The extension is fantastic and I absolutely recommend using it! The reason I give it this negative review is that on the last automatic update it opened a new tab to show new features. This happened while I was doing something that required my attention and it got me out of that enough for a minute to feel annoying. I understand the urge to let users know of new features in your product but in my opinion this should never happen on it's own. (Non-blockable popup triggered by an automatic update without any user interaction.) Please find a better solution for this. How about a notification on the icon so that I can take a look when I want to instead of feeling pushed into it and being potentially distracted from whatever I'm currently doing?
- (2020-03-17) naser othman: جيد جدا
- (2020-02-28) Серёжа Коротков: что толку,если сайт поддерживает https он и без этого расширения открывается по данному протоколу,а если нет то и толку нет
- (2020-02-23) Kostas Margiavičius: Vivaldi browser, Win10. 2-3 months ago started to slow down everything to the point of unusability.
- (2020-02-21) shawnh: should be mandatory https for all browsers in this era. there is no excuse for not protecting your digital track.
- (2020-02-11) I Miller: Should show a warning when I go to an insecure page that does NOT require me to click on it. I just want to go to the page ... just tell me it's insecure, and then let me back out if I want. Don't make me approve every single insecure page on the whole internet.
- (2020-02-10) Mohamed Sahl: So stupid and reducing functions on many necessary sites. Such as the drivers updates for Intel: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html It has been driving me mad for 2 months unable to update my drivers. Now that I have disabled and removed it. I'm really so glad!
- (2020-02-06) sajjad Crazy: من پسندیدم فقط نفهمیدم چیکار میکنه
- (2020-02-04) Alexei Melniciuc: no problems
- (2020-01-30) xi zhao: 这个还是根据已有的规则来加载的 就不能先用https试一下，如果不行再自动访问http？ 如果不强制开启所有网站用https我不知道这个插件还有什么用 如果开启了就意味着有些只自持http的网站每次访问都要手动的点击选择在此网站禁用https然后才能访问 这样做说难听的，有卵用，我自己不会一个一个加https吗
- (2020-01-27) IngrownMink4: ¡La mejor extensión disponible para complementar a uBlock Origin!
- (2020-01-20) chandlersjr bolenge davibdolenge: stages privates set up converv and regis install email inmy proud usb conform asset and log web site for guest congrtaes estables support also kantor analitik support privates for myself set pricaution thnaks!
4.4603 (4,182 votes)
Last update / version
2020-05-21 / 2020.5.20