Insert instructional content on any web page
InsertLearning saves teachers and students time while keeping students engaged. Teachers can insert questions, discussions, and insight directly into any website. When students go to that website, they can respond to those questions and discussions, see that insight, and take their own notes. Use InsertLearning to turn any website into an interactive learning experience! Here are some tips on how to use InsertLearning: - Click on our extension button to make our toolbar appear. This button has our logo and is located at the top right of your window. - To insert a question, click on the question icon on our toolbar and then click on a paragraph. Inserting a question within an article is a good way to assess what your students are learning as they read. - To insert a video, the first step is to insert a sticky note. To do so, click on the sticky note icon on our toolbar and then click on a paragraph. After inserting a sticky note, either paste in a YouTube link or an embed code from another video provider. Inserting a video is a good way to address different learning styles in your classroom. - As the previous tip suggests, you can also insert other interactive items with sticky notes by pasting in an embed code. Again, interactive items are a good way to address different learning styles. - To insert a discussion, click on the discussion icon on our toolbar (looks like two speech bubbles) and then click on a paragraph. Inserting a discussion is a good way to have students learn from each other. - To highlight text, click on the highlight icon on our toolbar (some people think it looks like a pencil) and then select the text you want to highlight. You can add a comment to a highlight by clicking on the plus that appears when you first make a highlight or whenever you click on the highlight. Similarly, you can change the color of a highlight by clicking on the paint brush that appears when you first make a highlight or whenever you click on the highlight. - Students can also highlight text and insert sticky notes. Having them annotate like this can be a good way to assess what they are learning. If there are student annotations available to view, a button will appear at the top left of your screen with an icon that looks like a group of people. Click on this button and then select a student to view their annotations. When you have a student selected, you'll even see what they annotate in real time. - To assign your lesson to a class, click on a our logo on our toolbar and then click on the class you want your lesson assigned to. Once your lesson is assigned to a class, every student enrolled in that class will be able to see the things your inserted into the article. - During the assigning process, you can choose to share your lesson to Google Classroom. Below the list of your classes, is a button that says "Share to Google Classroom." Click on that button, select the classes from Google Classroom you wish to share to, and then click the button that says "Share to these classes." After doing this, a link to your lesson will appear in Google Classroom. Also, if you haven't already imported your class, this process will import your roster from Google Classroom into InsertLearning.
- (2020-04-06) Rogerio M. Souza: Excellent!
- (2019-02-28) PatTech: im being forced to install it and i cant uninstall it. help!
- (2019-02-26) Kent Donewald: Great extension for making reading more interactive for students.
- (2019-02-19) I teach a Technology in Education class to future early childhood and elementary teachers and have included InsertLearning in their experiences. It has been one of their favorite tools and I have enjoyed sharing how they can use InsertLearning in their lessons.
- (2019-02-18) Sarah Wiest: Easy-to-use engagement tool that helps save time and paper. I love being able to see all of my students answers in front of me! This helps immensely when figuring out which students may need extra help.
- (2019-02-15) Casey Sayre: Great for in class use of online text books!
- (2019-02-02) Katie Jinyoung Seo: Great app to use in class, a bit difficult to get used to, though.
- (2019-01-31) Christine Strickland: Love how this helps students and teachers in my district dive deeper into online text. From a tech coach side, I love sharing about it with all my teachers!
- (2019-01-17) Sasha Oster: I love Insert Learning. No other tool does all that it does. It lets me embed quizzing tools and videos, animations, anything that has an embed code into one doc at strategic places in the text. I also value the recording tool so I can read aloud to my students, give them instructions in my voice and they can reply with a recording of their voice. The Google Classroom integration works seamlessly. I could even go on describing more features like the fabulous back end grading experience. Use it for Grade 1 - Retirement, it has an application for any group of people learning or working together. Also has a very affordable full version subscription cost.
- (2018-12-29) Danielle Black: I'm still experimenting with the free version, but I was thrilled to hear about this at the Educational Technology conference I went to this fall! I've been wanting a less archaic way to allow my students to annotate on a website than always having to convert it (and in poor style) to a google doc, and this looks like it will be the answer! I also like that once the 5 free articles run out, it's only $40 annually to use the service. Even on a teacher budget, this seems well worth it! On top of that, I know I've only just scratched the surface of how I can use this in my classroom. Nice work, Insert Learning!
- (2018-12-17) Jane Terrelle Walsh: I love this tool, you can use topical and current information as well as your own documents or shared data and set up a lesson in minutes.
- (2018-12-16) Liana Petrosyan: Thank you very much for the expansion, it is easy to work, very clearly
- (2018-12-06) Paloma Glez-Nash SlsHallam - Poppies: I think InsertLearning is a great tool for teachers, particularly EFL teachers at all levels. I am using it in my Poppies Courses and I encourage those teachers who are preparing for the exam to use it in their unit plans
- (2018-11-03) Dr. Karen Jackson: So far, I am loving this extension. I plan to use it for teacher PD.
- (2018-10-08) Mary Moskal: I discovered Insert Learning this year. I love how easily it integrates with Google Classroom. Setting up classes and assigning lessons are done in a snap. IL has helped my students to transfer reading skills taught in the classroom to digital reading online. Most importantly, I love how I am able to focus on supporting my struggling readers by inserting questions (brain checks) to help them to better comprehend. The grading is completed in a snap, which is so important when providing immediate feedback. I have a feeling that I have just begun to tap into its real potential.
- (2018-10-06) Kara Guiff: It is so nice to be able to insert videos, pictures, questions, etc. right into an online text. Easy to use for teachers and students!
- (2018-09-30) Kacey Reynolds: Awesome extension! A real game changer for the classroom. It works magic on any webpage. It helps students with the meta tasks of reading, it is a great tool to use for PD especially with busy teachers and it is extremely user friendly with a companion Youtube channel that has everything you need or didn't know you needed to know.
- (2018-09-20) Jennifer Borgen: Amazing so far! I just started using this with my ESL Academic English students that need more scaffolding in their reading!
- (2018-09-17) Claudia Bariteau: I absolutely love Insert Learning. It's a great scaffolding tool to use with my students who have specific language differences. Highly recommend it.
- (2018-09-13) Shelly Wetzsteon: I just started using IL and am loving it so far. It is so convenient adding student engagement activities to an otherwise static web article. Plus inserting a question right after the content that it applies to holds the students accountable for reading those pages.
- (2018-09-09) Beth Wernz: This tool is quickly changing the way I approach lessons in class. It is really helping me transition to more active learning rather than 'sit and get' lectures. It really helps supplement so that my direct instruction is in much shorter bursts now.
- (2018-08-31) Kathi Smith: I love Insert Learning! The customer service is amazing!! Very teacher centered.
- (2018-08-22) Julie Cobb: This tool rocked my world! As technology integration specialist, there are times when part of the professional development must include reading articles or websites. This tool makes that much more interactive and can really model how the 4 Cs of education can really enhance a learning experience. Plus...the feedback and customer service is top notch.
- (2018-08-17) Cammie Kannekens: Great for use with adult learning and students. Puts a variety of learning activities and tools right into any webtext.
- (2018-08-13) Allanah King: Great way to personalise learning materials from the web.
- (2020-04-09, v:1.12.1) Simon Moore: Mark as Done
Hi, When you click Mark as Done through the Addon and select the class it refers to, it doesn't seem to update Google Classroom and you still have to go into the Class assignment to mark done for a second time. Is this a known problem? Thanks
- (2020-04-09, v:1.12.1) Simon Moore: Using Discussion
Hi, when I add a discussion and a student sees it, they only see their response but they see all the responses I have made to other students and not the other students comments. This can look like I am responding to the wrong thing. Is there a way of changing it so you either see every response as a student or just the teachers responses to your own discussion? Great Addon though!
- (2020-03-27, v:1.12.1) Jayne Day: Assignment not showing up
I created an assignment and assigned via google classroom, but don't see an assignment posted on my google classroom.
- (2020-03-23, v:1.12.0) Shane Colman: Whitelist Marketplace Apps - InsertLearning Not Appearing in Search
I am trying to whitelist this app from our Google Admin Console, but I cannot find InsertLearning under the search for Marketplace Apps. Is there another name I should be searching?
- (2020-03-22, v:1.12.0) Tara Bryant: Showing answers
When I add to google classroom, it shows all the answers. I even switched to student view and it was still there. How do I fix this?
- (2020-03-16, v:1.12.0) Leroy Rios: Mac OS issue
We're running into an error on our macbooks only when force installing from google admin console the device shows a conflict with this app, but does not specify what the conflict is with.
- (2020-02-04, v:1.12.0) Ms. van Geuns: blocked
How do i get this unblocked?
- (2020-01-27, v:1.12.0) Tanya Stamper: student access
I assigned the students an article from NPR in CLassroom. When they opened it it said "Insert Learning" needed to be added, but it won't let them. They're using Chromebooks
- (2020-01-21, v:1.12.0) S. Kirillin: Video watching
For my students to watch a video that I have embedded into a google doc, do they need to have IL downloaded as well??
- (2019-08-16, v:1.11.0) Tuấn Trần: Can answer teacher question
I am pupil but when I go to the page https://www.tweentribune.com/article/junior/global-warming-shrinking-glaciers-faster-thought/ and use IL to answer my English teacher question but when I click it I don t see any question in that page
- (2019-07-01, v:1.11.0) Regis Hovanec: Lack of tools
I only have 2 tools (sticky note and highlight text). I don't see the question mark so i can create a question
- (2019-03-05, v:1.9.1) virus scan failed
When I try to download the browser extension it will pop up saying "Failed- Virus scan failed"
- (2018-03-07, v:1.4.1) Scroll
When I click on the IL icon to apply the tool bar and my work onto the web page, the page scrolls down and does not allow me to scroll to the top. The top has information that I need to access. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.
- (2018-02-11, v:1.3.2) Cyndi Kuhn: extension for Safari
I hope you will make this extension available for Safari too!! PLEASE
- (2018-01-15, v:1.3.0) Andrea Campbell: Ipad
Will this work on the iPad?
- (2018-01-09, v:1.3.0) Robin Pettapiece: Issue adding to Chrome
Students in our building do not have access to the Web store so they cannot add the Insert Learning extension. Is there a way for the program to be used with only the teacher having the extension?
- (2017-10-15, v:1.2.0) Carla Case Sweeney: not approved by my district.
My students can't add your product. Unfortunately this means my purchase is useless. From the teacher side it works. Can you contact them and fix this?! School District of Palm Beach County
- (2017-07-29, v:1.1.0) Michael Polinski: Won't stop loading
I installed the extension and signed up for a free account. When I click on the extension to use it on a page, it doesn't stop loading and the page becomes unresponsive. Also, nothing works on the dashboard. My class isn't there. And the tools under resources don't activate when clicked.
- (2017-06-07, v:1.0.3) Tushar Dublish: I just lost all my Lesson Notes and Highlights
I dont know what have happened today, but I have lost all my lesson notes and highlights which I had marked on various pages. Those notes were very important for me in my preparation and I was relying on your service completely. I truly love your product, please help me get my data back. My account is registered with email: [email protected]