Monitor chrome web browsing for inappropriate content.
Bark for Kids is the child companion app for Bark. It is meant to be installed on the child's chrome browser. Bark detects messages containing cyberbullying, sexting, signs of depression or suicidal thoughts, and many others -- without you having to spend hours reading your child's messages. Bark supports dozens of popular social media platforms, along with email, and text messaging. Children spend an increasing amount of time socializing online. Unfortunately, new technology creates new risks. Parents need a smarter solution to help keep their children safe online without sifting through their social media feed or randomly grabbing their child's phone and scrolling through their messages. You connect your children's accounts and we notify you if and when there's a potential issue. This approach helps to build trust and an open dialog with your family around internet safety. Testimonials: "My wife and i LOVE Bark - we’ve had some tough, but productive conversations with our 13 year old son. It’s proving to be extremely valuable." - Josh L. "Bark alerted us to a social media post my daughter sent that implied she was not where she had said she was, and that she and her friends had illegal drugs in our vehicle that she drives. With this information we were able to ask her about the activities that night and to talk to her about the risks of having illegal drugs in the car even if the drugs belonged to a friend. Although it was a difficult conversation and there are issues still to address, I'm grateful Bark alerted us to the messages so we could take action." - Trent "Bark notified me that my young daughter had unknowingly revealed her phone number to strangers on Twitter. The fact that bark.us notified me in realtime was impressive and led to an informative discussion with her the same day." - Jon B. "We had a couple notifications come through and we were thankful for those. It opened up a dialog with our son which was great." - Nicci C. "I wanted to say thank you. Bark is really providing me some peace of mind as a parent, and my kids appreciate the extra privacy I'm giving them." - Ray F.
- (2020-11-19) MegaPlayz: bad
- (2020-11-13) Elijah Johnson: this app is just fine. the reason is rating is one start is because of all the immature kids who don't like parental restrictions
- (2020-11-04) Oof Gaming: This completely ruins privacy! This is possibly the WORST app for schools and parental use! Half the time it doesn't do anything! And half the time it blocks my friends from watching videos like DanTDMs and other family friendly youtubers! This extension sucks, dont get it!
- (2020-10-26) Brynn Emma: from a 13 year olds point of view: my mom put this on all my devices. i have not done anything wrong and it makes me upset that she does not trust me. this had broken our trust. it reports something to her every day that is marked as "bullying" or "violence" when im joking with my friends. its like i cant even have a normal conversation without something being sent to my mom. this has made me stop texting my two friends as much and i never see them in person anymore. i feel really distanced from them and often i feel alone. i usally just listen to music- oh wait. i cant even listen to music with out it being reported to my parents for cuss words or something stupid. if youre a parent please please do not get this if you want your relationship with your kids to last.
- (2020-10-19) qnp 123: trash
- (2020-10-12) jayden p: this app is dumb stupid. it goes and takes all your information to sell it to the government!!! why would you want to sell your kids information to the government, thats kinda retarded no CaP. so just dont ever get it ty ok bye ly karens <3
- (2020-10-09) Grace Harvey: gucci all y'all who gave it a 1 star review all 11.
- (2020-10-01) T O E: Big Gay
- (2020-09-25) Tucker McDaniel: It is horrible and takes away all of your school privacy. It is desighned to make you miserable and not be able to do anything, and I think they might be watching what I type right now.
- (2020-09-16) Jayne M: i really do not like this. i understand that my parents want to keep me safe, but it almost feels like they're stalking me. i have friends who want to email me and talk to me about real life problems, and bark completely ruins my social life. my friends can't talk to me because they don't feel safe. i really wish that it could just censor out the big stuff, like p/rn, s/xual stuff, and r/pe, etc. all the trigger stuff, ya know? but i really just hate that it ruins my social life. i'm a good student and child in general, and i feel like my parents don't trust me. it really breaks relationships with parents as well as with friends, because i feel like my parents don't trust me and stuff like that. anyway, thanks to anyone who read my rant.
- (2020-09-15) TamperMonkey Exploitz: I think this was made for good use but came out in a different way. I downloaded the extension to test it on my other pc. My experience with it was horrible for many reasons. First of all you get no privacy and tracks all your data which i don't know what they do with it. I heard some people have it because there school put it on their extensions which blocks all other content even though its your pc/laptop. If you want to research information, i have sad news for you you can't because most websites are blocked and takes you 20 minutes to find a resource instead of Wikipedia. My computer got a virus and i had to powerwash/factory reset it, which took 30 minutes. I really think again that it was intended for good use but got the opposite result.
- (2020-09-03) Emanuel Juarez: just bad
- (2020-09-02) GreenComet34: An absolute invasion of personal space and privacy. This is THE app for all helicopter parents trying to pretend they aren't. The app says that it picks up alerts for your child, but it is WAY too sensitive. Even if you say "kick" or "punch" it shows up as an alert and sends it to your email. It calls itself a "guard dog", when its really more like a yipping chihuahua going berserk every time anyone sneezes. This app is absolute garbage, and kids will resent their parents for putting it on their devices in the first place. Calm down, Karens, and stop being helicopter moms.
- (2020-08-31) Brendan: It sucks
- (2020-08-14) Tyler Shaffer: Bad
- (2020-04-16) Lord_Sc00p: Parents got it for me, I understand that they need to make sure I'm safe but by taking away EVERYTHING? I understand that some sites are not good and I agreed with them that we should get an app that blocks those things but now I can't even talk with my friends about personal things without my parents knowing. It ruins my social life to the point where I have to send overly cryptic messages. I don't even know if bark is telling my parents what I'm doing right now. It makes me scared and overly paranoid to the point were I get unneeded anxiety over it.
- (2020-03-20) Vaea Llamarow: it stupid and i absolutely dislike this app
- (2020-03-09) Rene Young: I haven't tried the extension, but I love the Bark parental monitoring.
- (2020-03-01) Ellison Kennett: You guys would understand if you were the parent. Why arent your vidoes working? Because you probably shouldnt be watching those videos at that time. And no, its not illegal, and none of your data is stolen. Please stop being dumb, thank you.
- (2020-02-17) Angela Wang: this app is so bad. i use this PRIVATE computer for school and they just downloaded it and it blocks everything i search. i even searched hi and it was like, sorry your blocked. this app should never be downloaded onto a students computer that THEY bought without permission. i cant even remove it. if you want any privacy, don't download this app.
- (2020-02-13) Joshua Weekes: This extension is a curse from the devil himself
- (2020-01-31) Hayden Beckham: this is so ew
- (2020-01-25) rebekah!: parents downloaded this on all of my devices and synced it to all of my accounts. i understand that they want to monitor me, but they've become helicopter parents at this point. i can't even talk to close friends about my problems without my parents seeing it. they get mad at me when i complain about my lack of privacy, as well. i do not like the idea of a bunch of strangers who created this program seeing everything i do and say online. it's very unsettling.
- (2019-11-23) Lexy's life: my mom made me do this. save yourself
- (2019-11-23) Jax Prismite: I hate it.