Learn languages while browsing the Internet!
MindTheWord provides language immersion while you browse the internet. In every webpage visited, it randomly translates a few words into the target language specified by you. Because the translated words are kept in context, it is easy to infer and memorize their meanings. Therefore, you effortlessly learn new vocabulary and improve your language skills. In the options, you can configure: * how much should be translated; * how translated words should be highlighted; * your own dictionary of pre-defined translations; * how many consecutive words should be translated; * a blacklist of websites that should not be translated; * and much more... Translation quality depends on GoogleTranslate. The following languages are supported so far: Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bihari, Bulgarian, Burmese, Breton, Catalan, Cherokee, Chinese, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dhivehi, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Faroese, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Inuktitut, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Korean, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Lao, Laothian, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Nepali, Norwegian, Occitan, Oriya, Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Quechua, Romanian, Russian, Sanskrit, Scots - gaelic, Serbian, Sindhi, Sinhalese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Syriac, Tajik, Tamil, Tagalog, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Tonga, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Uighur, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish, Yoruba. May your language learning bring you joy and fluency!
- (2022-12-04) Bones: doesn't actually have all the languages that the overview says it does. installed it for scots gaelic and that wasn't an option
- (2022-06-07) Benjaminas Kordusas: if you manage to set up and get the API key it's pretty good however, every time i restart browser all the settings reset and it doesn't load them from configuration file so you need to set it up on every launch ... quite annoying
- (2021-08-13) Christian Gil: doesn't seems to be working
- (2020-03-08) Md Saifuddin: Not working
- (2020-01-13) Divyansh Agarwal: MindTheWord - Amazing extension. It is one of my choices for extension in Google Chrome :) Moreover, all the features were quite amazing such as Quiz, blacklisting and others too. Great AOSSIE!
- (2020-01-09) Does not work at all. Does nothing.
- (2019-12-05) Divyansh Agarwal: Great. It helped me a lot to improve my language skills.
- (2019-11-28) Tom Robinson: Is this still working? Bing seems to have become Azure in the last few years and I'm not sure the app has caught up.
- (2019-10-08) Harkishen Singh: Great extension for learning languages. Awesome stuff guys!
- (2019-07-02) Matti Granovsky: Just installed, setup Yandex API key and created a new pattern and nothing happens. Tried restarting Chrome and still doesn't work.
- (2018-11-30) Sequoia E.: The extension worked one time, then didn't work again even on the same page (Wikipedia). Eventually I realized another extension (for speed reading) was somehow blocking it so that it didn't work! Uninstalling the speeding reading extension got this one to work perfectly and I have no complaints. Now my Icelandic and Indonesian vocabulary will shoot right up!
- (2018-10-08) Saisankar Gochhayat: Love the app. Keep adding more features and spread it around.
- (2018-01-29) Karol Pastuszek: To anyone that says the extension stops working on some sites: create a key, setup your desired config and backup the config+key to a file. If the extension stops working on some sites - restore the config from the backup file. Works every time for me, even on Opera.
- (2018-01-01) Sen M: Works ok when it works, but doesn't work on a lot of pages and can get really slow. I tried a lot of chrome plugins like krypsis, wordwiz and immersely. Immersely worked the best.
- (2017-03-15) Jenny Smithers: Couldn't get it to work. Found Wordwiz and Kypsis, both worked seamlessly.
- (2017-02-12) Jana Naulaerts: Was a nice extension until Yandex messed things up. Real shame too, but oh well. (No, I will not give you my number even if you lock my account Yandex, thank you) For some reason it messed with pop ups for chrome, making their background black too, which bothered me quite a lot.
- (2017-01-21) Individual Grammar (Individual Grammar): Well, you have to "pay for a key" to use it with Google. Why do I have to pay for use the same service other apps give for free? For no reason at all it reads aloud the word "fu" which is annoying. I uninstalled it because I'm not paying to use Google or "get a key". Don't download it.
- (2017-01-07) Christopher Phenicie: Works great so far! I found the Yandex API quick (<30sec) and easy to use. I wish there were an easier way to access "Speak the Word" rather than having to highlight and navigate through context menus.
- (2016-12-07) Vertigo: Great extension, the only part i like about the other apps that do this, is you can just hover over the word to display the translation instead of clicking.
- (2016-12-03) Michael Hoyt: Did not work. The app said it was compatible with my computer, would not toggle, turn on, turn off, or recognize that the API key was added. Looks like it may be a good app if it had worked. Language Immersion for Chrome also did not work. Lookup Kypsis language immersion - it was the only that worked, and setup was effortless in comparison
- (2016-11-02) Micah Amundsen: Works well, great options in the settings. Would suspect all of these low ratings are from people who didn't obtain translation keys. The text-to-speech reader has a rather annoying delay, though.
- (2016-09-18) Phong Tran: Guys, you did a fantastic job. This is the best extension ever I use Bing API. Hard to configure in the beginning but just follow the instruction and you should get it right. 1 quick question: my right click menu only show whitelist/blacklist but no other option. Any help ?? ----- Update: you have to select/highlight the word
- (2016-07-26) Andreas George Nechita: I't works only at random times,and badly.The idea is very good,but this version feels like an alpha version.Even when it works it doesn't translate even half the words you chose to.
- (2016-07-18) Joe Bernson: Not working
- (2016-07-09) Audrey Audrey: merda
- (2016-06-28) Michael Gostein: Worked pretty well on text-heavy Wikipedia pages, but didn't work on complex webpages from online newspapers e.g. CNN, USA Today.
- (2016-06-21) Karel: Many people here argue that "Mind the Word" does not work. However, I found it to work perfectly -- after the procurement of the Yandex key -- and would wholeheartedly recommend this app.
- (2016-06-13) Ernest Clemons: Doesn't work. I have it installed on Google Chrome 50l.0.2661.102 m. It does absolutely nothing. No translations at all. I used it in the past and it was pretty cool. But now nothing. Reinstalled it several times. Same result. Good idea terrible product.
- (2016-04-22) Isobel Pierce: We can help you to monetize your browser extension. ****For better users experience and higher revenue!*** *Earn from $15000 per month from every 100k users. *Shorter payment term! High revenue share! *24/7 customer support *GEOs: All countries, the whole world *My email/skype: [email protected] *website: http://goo.gl/7KLHDC
- (2016-04-19) Daniel Driscoll: Love the idea for this app. Currently however, it doesn't work. Having the same problem as many people in the comments so it isn't just me.
- (2016-04-17) Sergey Kosikin: Не работает
- (2016-03-22) James Lance Cunningham: This extension does not work! This one does however: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speak-easy/cpfgdgkjgmdkoiagfhgkloekecjfdhig
- (2016-03-20) Scott Rupnow: Love the concept. However, having users create their own Google Translate API key is cumbersome. There is another program called Speak Easy that doesn't require the user to create an API key. Here is the link. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/speak-easy/cpfgdgkjgmdkoiagfhgkloekecjfdhig
- (2017-04-04, v:3.1) Jordi Ebbing: Keeps turning off
The plugin keeps turning off and deleting my settings & custom library. (I use it in user defined mode only).
- (2017-01-02, v:3.1) Stijn Zanders: Not working
Hi just downloaded this extension and it is not working at all.
- (2016-12-01, v:3.1) Sarah Williamson: not working
i had this app forever ago, and it worked. but now i'm coming back and installing it and it wont.. i was wondering if maybe something changed, or if there was somthing i needed to do so that it would work..
- (2016-11-17, v:3.1) Amanda McKee: Installed and not working
Hi! I've just installed this and it doesnt appear to be working. e.g. news.com.au, theherald.com.au, nhs.trade
- (2016-11-09, v:3.1) Irina Svetlowa: Extension buyout
Hi, I am interested in acquiring your extension "MindTheWord". Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2016-08-25, v:2.2.1) Marcello Ingannamorte: language unavailable
works in any language available but esperanto not available. how can I do?
- (2016-07-10, v:2.0.3) Hugh McEnery: extension simply does nothing
extension does'nt work at all in any way. nothing gets translated into anything. Would not download again 5 thumbs down
- (2016-06-06, v:2.0.3) Liza Dixon: Not working.
Installed this extension and it is not working at all. :(
- (2016-04-28, v:1.26) Dmitrii Nuzhin: Business proposal
Hello! I'm interested in your chrome extension . I want to buy it with the transfer of your google account or without it which means the transfer of the chrome extension in my account. I propose the price 700 $. We can bargain if your users are active. e-mail:[email protected] Dmitrii
- (2016-04-23, v:1.26) Ted Duncan: doesn't Work
Have had this for several days does not work.