Extension implementing GPG into Webmail (Gmail™) using the OpenPGP.js library. This project is no way affiliated with Google™.
Mymail-Crypt for Gmail™ aims to make OpenPGP encryption available and used by anyone. This project is in no way affiliated with Google™. ***If you are having trouble with this extension, particularly in regards to key imports/working with other clients, please reach out to me. To get started *Install this Extension *Tools -> Extensions -> under Mymail-Crypt click the options page *Read over the help, import or generate a key as is necessary *Give your public key to your friends, import theirs into the options page *In Gmail™ simply click encrypt to encrypt a mail you're writing *In Gmail™ simply click the decrypt to read a mail from a friend. Mymail-Crypt acts as a layer on top of your Gmail™ experience that allows you to seamlessly encrypt and decrypt messages. For more information please visit http://prometheusx.net. The project is powered by OpenPGP.js. OpenPGP.js aims to fully implement the RFC 4880 OpenPGP standard. This project is still a work in progress, but supports a variety of key importation/generation abilities to encrypt and decrypt messages. Please see http://openpgpjs.org/ for details on this project.
- (2018-07-19) Andrey Krivosheev: Не рабочее дополнение. Очень давно не обновлялось.
- (2017-11-30) SixFingersSaidToTheFace Pow: Garbage, Doesn't apply encryption, sign, encrypt and sign options to gmail.
- (2017-10-17) Ionut Dobrinescu: encrypt button missing for some time
- (2017-10-15) CLAUD GONC: Prático,na vanguarda e de formato invador.
- (2016-12-12) Andreas Kalin: Works like a charm on 64 bit Chrome 55 on Ubuntu 16.04. Would be nice with some keyboard shortcuts. For sensitive data I do not use gmail even with this extension though.
- (2016-11-27) Stanton McCandlish: False sense of security. It has you write the message in Gmail's editing window (which means it's saved within seconds to Google's servers), before any encryption is done. See Mailvelope (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mailvelope/kajibbejlbohfaggdiogboambcijhkke) for a proper implementation – the writing is done locally only, in a pop-up window, then encrypted, before any of that text leaves your system.
- (2016-09-15) namataa sikota: i love this software it works well
- (2016-07-29) ARCHPLAN Arquitetura e Urbanismo: It is not validating signatures
- (2016-03-01) Oliver Oberdorf: no longer seems to function and ui shows up twice in compose window
- (2016-02-15) Miroslav Avramov: Good work! Bravo!
- (2016-02-11) David BAUMANN: *+permet le chiffrement des courriels sortant et le déchiffrement des entrants directement depuis un bouton dans Gmail. *+Permet de générer directement depuis l'extension une clé PGP. *-pas en français et version pas terminé (un mot de passe trop court n'affiche pas d'erreur et revient simplement sur HOME). *+les courriels envoyés contiennent le lien vers OpenPGP.js permettant de retrouver l'extension. *-pas de blocage et permet de chiffrer un message déjà chiffré; pas de bouton pour déchiffrer un message pour modification; et probleme à la réception ne permet pas de déchiffrer une seconde fois! *-signature ne fonctionne pas (chiffré ou non). *-email texte seulement (pas d'image, emoticon)
- (2016-02-08) Bo: Useless I can’t se that this extension protect you data because gmail auto save you data before you encrypt you data whit this extension. This extension have only meaning if the extension block the auto save funktion or eg. offer a cleartxt indput box that then parse the encrypted data to gmail indput box. The option "stop automatic draft uploading." is not working.
- (2016-01-07) José Mauro Moreira da Rocha Filho: This is good new feature for Gmail, but isn't working yet for me (W8.1 64 bits)
- (2016-01-05) Jon Hemelryk: CRAP-CANT FIND IT OR DELETE IT WELL DONE CHRONE
- (2015-11-21) Doesn't work. I get this no matter what I do: Unable to find private key for the given user. Have you inserted yours in the Options page.. Actually I cant see any options there to do so, only stop automatic draft uploading. (EXPERIMENTAL -- Currently only works with "New Compose", does not support "popped out" compose mode) and add myself as an encrypted recipient on all messages. Allows decrypting sent messages.
- (2015-10-26) dierdriu: It starts out beautifully--generating the key pairs is super easy, and it lulls you into a sense of well-being that is just as false as Mailvelope's empty promises. Once you actually try to encrypt an email, it does not do anything. Nothing was encrypted.
- (2015-10-15) David Gutowsky: It doesn't seem to work anymore.
- (2015-08-27) Jaime Ceox: Nor working. It ALWAYS says "unable to find a private key..." Chrome 44.0 /Windows 8.1
- (2015-07-07) Joel Christopher: Nice
- (2015-06-01) Nikolaos Skordilis: Private keys are generated but the "insert private key:" option is broken in Chrome OS, no key is inserted..
- (2015-05-11) Aviator168: As other security addon. It does not encrypt attachments. While adding the buttons on the compose window is good; but it would be nicer if your own composer window is used.
- (2015-03-24) Paul Johnstone: Does not work using Chrome 41.0.2272.101 Windows 8.1 Started to worry that this app when it failed to verify my chosen password by asking me to enter it twice when generating public keys. With that in mind, well done to the developer for attempting to create this app. I wish you every success
- (2015-03-20) Nico D.: Prevede una chiave per ogni mail. Non concede di gestire una sola chiave per piu' mail. Ho molte mail sotto la stessa chiave che identifica me e non la mail. Basterebbe poco per renderlo ottimo, ma gli sviluppatori di questi applicativi sono sempre troppo sbrigativi. Bastava che ti inserisse tra le chiavi tutte le mail collegate e non solo la principale. Peccato.
- (2015-02-25) Mike Ounsworth: I like how the buttons integrate into the Gmail window, but it doesn't stop the cleartext from getting saved as a draft. Since the main person I'm trying to protect my data from is Google ads, this defeats the whole purpose.
- (2015-01-26) Rytis Slatkevičius: Broken.
- (2014-11-29) Magnus Røkke: Fungerer ikke. Har lagt inn nøkkel, men i gmail, så kommer feilmelding at ingen nøkkel finnes (selv om den er listet opp i Options)
- (2021-04-26, v:37) Julian Sanabria: correo electronico
no me recuerdo como era mi correo
- (2021-04-11, v:37) Nikita Fomishyn: Hello, I wan't to decrypt an old email I've got encrypted by mymail crypt and I have a question. How to use an open source PGP decryptor with the mymail crypt now since it's now working. Hope there's a chance to decrypt it.
- (2019-09-18, v:37) Astrobeefeater66 Tyler smith: encryption option is not there.
i can not see the encrypt or decrypt options when i got to compose a text
- (2018-04-24, v:37) Buttons Missing
My buttons dont show up in the message so I can encrypt and decrypt.
- (2018-04-18, v:37) encrypt and decrypt
Dear, The encryption and decryption buttons do not appear Can you fix please?
- (2018-03-09, v:37) Alexander N. Benner (本亞历): decryption shows no reaction
I don't get any reaction when I press the "decryption" button
- (2017-10-23, v:37) Jozef Hoes: encrypt / sign button is gone
Dear, the encrypt and sign button no longer appear in the gmail draft windows. Can you fix this please?
- (2017-10-17, v:37) Ionut Dobrinescu: Encrypt button still missing
Does this extension have support anymore?
- (2017-08-29, v:37) Laura Neacsu: encrypt button missing
Hi, I am not able to see anymore the encrypt button. Decrypt button is still there and working. Thanks, Laura
- (2017-08-26, v:37) ghena alghussein: encryption button not shown
after adding the extension the encryption button not shown in the compose section, while the decryption button is there in the inbox area!!!!! Any Help???
- (2017-01-29, v:37) Clemens Wiesinger: X.509
Will mymail-crypt also support X.509 certs? Tnx
- (2016-09-30, v:37) Andreas H: Attachments encrypted?
I tried to add attachments and they didn't encrypt. Is that not supported? If it is, please advise as to how to encrypt the attachments.