To overwrite & delete all your comments on reddit, click this extension's icon next to your address bar.
Scrub your comment history on reddit with this handy tool. Support for posts is coming soon. Feel like buying me a Coffee or a Beer? Patreon -> https://www.patreon.com/NukeRedditHistory Bitcoin -> 38w6mRC7ZyPnyQxmfiQCd6so3xhrmmZHgH
- (2020-01-15) DexyStorm: quick and easy
- (2019-12-16) Shafo: It works great but some (or all?) of my threads were not deleted. All of the comments inside of threads were though.
- (2019-12-10) LordTheodoreXIII: It does what you'd expect it to do, but it changes comments in a way I do not like. It would be nice to choose what the extension changes them to.
- (2019-11-17) Joe C: works no problem
- (2019-11-10) Ross Pitman: Doesn't delete all comment, only those under "new". If I go into my profile and sort by "top" I can see a crapload of comments still very much undeleted.
- (2019-11-08) Cody Stephenson-Clark: Awesome, edited and deleted everything without having to fiddle with a script
- (2019-10-31) Wesley Harris: Seems to have stopped working.
- (2019-10-24) Martin J: Click! <Insert some time> Comments gone. Perfect!
- (2019-10-07) Cat Guy: Works well for comments but it doesn't work on posts. It's also slow. It processes at a rate of about 1 post per 2.5 seconds, or about 24 a minute. Sounds fast but when you have hundreds of posts, it takes a while.
- (2019-10-01) kyle sexton: Worked for me in chrome in October 2019
- (2019-09-28) Thomas Hynes: Does exactly what is says, yes it's slow but it works so thank you developer.
- (2019-09-24) Henry Arguedas: Works like a charm. I did it on the new version of reddit. Thanks.
- (2019-09-20) Alect Prasad: broken
- (2019-09-17) j g: Does exactly what it says - deletes all Reddit posts
- (2019-09-16) Tiny Tracey: Used to work great but now it hangs on comments during delete. It overwrites maybe 2 comments and then freezes. I've tried reinstalling and going to new reddit. It still hangs and I'm frustrated.
- (2019-09-05) Chris Marker: DOESN'T WORK AT ALL! It simply removes your comments from the user page, but they are still live on the site. You can still see the comments if you sort by top, and copying the perma link into another browser still loads the comments. Reddit has adopted to this app and neutralized it. They still have all your comments ready and handy should the need for political oppression based on your stated opinions be needed.
- (2019-09-05) Vugmus Galstadt: It used to work so much better. You used to be able to have the option to remove comments or to be able to remove posts, one or the other. Now, you're only able to remove comments. . .and you have to go through the motions several times over because it's not doing it in one shot. Still better than manually deleting everything, but not that great!
- (2019-08-30) Rokkan Stein: Deleted comments quickly, but original comments were still viewable in entirety on removeddit.
- (2019-08-30) RC: It always stops midway and I have to restart it again and again.
- (2019-08-28) m h: Tried the new version and it doesn't work anymore. Just sits on the black page and says loading. Update: seems the error is because of posts on a quarantined sub that I troll. I deleted those manually and then the extension worked correctly. Therefore, upgrading review to 3/5 since it partially worked.
- (2019-08-25) Patrick Kramer: Doesn't work, comments are not deleted they are just removed from you user page... Reddit has adapted to this app to make it effectively useless.
- (2019-08-22) Halsey Street Station: Works fine until it gets stuck.Sometimes in a few seconds. I have to refresh to get it working again. Disabled all other extensions and still have the problem.
- (2019-08-21) R H: 10/10
- (2019-08-18) David Adjei: Did exactly what it said it would: delete comment history.
- (2019-08-17) Ralokhan: Excellent pour repartir de zéro, l'Add-on fait son boulot. Certes avec du temps, mais le résultat est là. Merci beaucoup pour cette extension bien pratique!
- (2020-01-08, v:2.0.0) David Mace: Delete comments 'older than' a certain age.
This would be way more useful if you could just have it delete everything 'older than x days'. Since most reddit content is only seen on the day it is posted (if at all), I would prefer to have a rolling blackout of reddit post history, leaving the current day (or two or three) of comments alone. Then this would be a truly useful daily tool, not just a tool for mass destruction before deleting (deactivating) an account.
- (2019-11-17, v:2.0.0) Dan G: Deleted comments still visible.
Everything is deleted from my user page, but all my comments I've made are still visible on the original posts (in their original form). Will this update in a few hours? Is there a fix for this?
- (2019-11-12, v:2.0.0) Stephen Nunes: nuke reddit history
how do undelete it BACK? i got confused and was trying only for one sub. but everythings gone man
- (2019-10-01, v:2.0.0) Imad Tuco: What do I do about removeddit, ceddit and pushift's api in general?
The data is still retained there.
- (2019-09-27, v:2.0.0) Hayley Witherell: How do I delete posts too?
I got comments down, but I need to delete posts.
- (2019-09-04, v:2.0.0) Yup k: Bro whats your paypal,I am giving you 10 bucks for making this. Saved me hours
Bro whats your paypal,I am giving you 10 bucks for making this. Saved me hours
- (2019-08-08, v:2.0.0) Benjamin Nordin: Plugin not working as intended
Hey. Overwriting the comment clearly isnt reflected on a site like removeddit. Maybe you could adapt your script so it just edits and then you can go back another time and delete when its been cached. Also, the redesign I feel is less clear both in terms of where it is in the process and in terms of whats happening.
- (2019-08-06, v:2.0.0) Matt D: Nuking only certain subreddits?
I'm not even sure if it would be possible, but is there anyway you could include options to only nuke certain subreddits? I help out with spreadsheets on /r/sheets and /r/googlesheets and would hate to nuke those comments as they are intermingled.
- (2019-08-03, v:2.0.0) Luke Poults: Posts
Do you have a ETA on the posts version?
- (2019-07-24, v:2.0.0) Matt Norris: Hasn't deleted ALL comments
Hi, So I got this extension up and running and mostly worked fine, however it only seems to have deleted comment that are catalogued under 'new', when I switch to 'top' and 'all time' a lot of old comments are still there. Is there any way I can delete these too?
- (2019-03-26, v:1.2) Kyle Mallard: Time-Interval Nuking?
I'd love to be able to set something up within the plugin that allows it to auto-run with an interval timer. IE: Delete all comment and post history once a week. Would something like this ever be implemented?