To overwrite & delete all your comments on reddit, click this extension's icon next to your address bar.
- (2020-09-24) Josh Tyler: It used to work perfectly, but now it seems to only delete the last month's worth of comments. I'm using old reddit and tried it with and without RES installed
- (2020-08-31) Stephanie Dorman: Doesn't delete them all :( You have to run it a million times.
- (2020-08-31) Anubhav Roy: Didn't delete all my comments even after using it several times. Better use power delete suite instead.
- (2020-08-27) Mark Cortez: It works. Thanks!
- (2020-08-25) r: Works exactly as described.
- (2020-08-22) David Williams: I kept having to restart it but managed to get rid of 6 years of comments. Worked well. Prob 15 restarts or so.
- (2020-08-12) Matthew Miller: It worked like a charm. It overwrote and deleted my comments and then deleted all my posts. Naturally it`s limited to comments and posts that aren't archived.
- (2020-08-04) zZoKo: veery slow if you have a lot of comments but it does its job
- (2020-08-04) Alice Valentini: It works but I would like more personalization
- (2020-07-24) Aidan Gee: Works great, thanks!
- (2020-07-19) Andrew Wilson: I have to run the app over and over and over because each time it only deletes a handful of comments. This is going to take me years to delete everything at this rate
- (2020-07-16) Dan Coyne: Have to run it multiple times to clear everything. Also wish there was an option to ignore the past 24 hours or so. I wanna start fresh, but not that fresh!
- (2020-07-16) Koe Koe: Works but keeps stopping. Says all messages deleted when plenty are left, so I need to manually restart it hundreds of times to clear all messages.
- (2020-07-14) Alex B: As others have said, it only deletes a dozen or so comments at a time, so I had to run it a bunch of times to wipe everything. And my account is less than a year old, so I think the problem is just that it can't deal with too many comments at once, vs. how old the are.
- (2020-07-13) Kasey Starnes: I appreciate this being so handy, especially after the recent political censoring and bans on reddit. The only issue is that I had to run it about 10 times for it to get everything on my 7 year old account.
- (2020-07-10) : Doesn't seem to work -- only deleted some of my comments, not all. I had to run it many times to get it to delete all of them.
- (2020-07-08) Nicholas Chan: Works now. Thanks!
- (2020-07-05) Kendall Caskie: It won't work at all... Just redirects me to a reddit page that says "Page not found"
- (2020-07-01) John K: Worked well but I had to run it a couple times for it to get all my posts even though it said it was done. They were all older posts greater than 5 years old so maybe that was the reason? Not sure. Ran it several times to get everything but otherwise worked well.
- (2020-07-01) Jake Jake: Excellent app! I did have to temporarily disable my "old reddit" extension but it works wonderfully!
- (2020-06-30) Lazylad90: it doesn't work, deletes a couple comments then stops
- (2020-06-30) Wickus Dickus: Did exactly what it needed to do.
- (2020-06-24) B H: Doesn't remove all comments. Only removes like 20 at a time.
- (2020-04-14) Jack Dajackichun: Beautiful. Such a basic option that major websites like Facebook and Reddit no longer want to offer. Great to see an extension that does it.
- (2020-04-10) 20-StarStrategy: You're a life saver mate! So easy to set up and works perfectly.
- (2020-04-30, v:2.3.1) Damanteg Singh: none of my comments got deleted
I clicked overwrite and delete all my comments, but nothing got deleted?
- (2020-02-28, v:2.0.0) COMMENTOR IN CHIEF: How long does it normally take? I have been stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes.
How long does it normally take? I have been stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes.
- (2020-01-08, v:2.0.0) David Mace: Delete comments 'older than' a certain age.
This would be way more useful if you could just have it delete everything 'older than x days'. Since most reddit content is only seen on the day it is posted (if at all), I would prefer to have a rolling blackout of reddit post history, leaving the current day (or two or three) of comments alone. Then this would be a truly useful daily tool, not just a tool for mass destruction before deleting (deactivating) an account.
- (2019-11-17, v:2.0.0) Dan G: Deleted comments still visible.
Everything is deleted from my user page, but all my comments I've made are still visible on the original posts (in their original form). Will this update in a few hours? Is there a fix for this?
- (2019-11-12, v:2.0.0) Ace of Spades: nuke reddit history
how do undelete it BACK? i got confused and was trying only for one sub. but everythings gone man
- (2019-10-01, v:2.0.0) Imad Tuco: What do I do about removeddit, ceddit and pushift's api in general?
The data is still retained there.
- (2019-09-27, v:2.0.0) Hayley Witherell: How do I delete posts too?
I got comments down, but I need to delete posts.
- (2019-09-04, v:2.0.0) Yup k: Bro whats your paypal,I am giving you 10 bucks for making this. Saved me hours
Bro whats your paypal,I am giving you 10 bucks for making this. Saved me hours
- (2019-08-08, v:2.0.0) Benjamin Nordin: Plugin not working as intended
Hey. Overwriting the comment clearly isnt reflected on a site like removeddit. Maybe you could adapt your script so it just edits and then you can go back another time and delete when its been cached. Also, the redesign I feel is less clear both in terms of where it is in the process and in terms of whats happening.
- (2019-08-06, v:2.0.0) Matt D: Nuking only certain subreddits?
I'm not even sure if it would be possible, but is there anyway you could include options to only nuke certain subreddits? I help out with spreadsheets on /r/sheets and /r/googlesheets and would hate to nuke those comments as they are intermingled.
- (2019-08-03, v:2.0.0) Luke Poults: Posts
Do you have a ETA on the posts version?
- (2019-07-24, v:2.0.0) Matt Norris: Hasn't deleted ALL comments
Hi, So I got this extension up and running and mostly worked fine, however it only seems to have deleted comment that are catalogued under 'new', when I switch to 'top' and 'all time' a lot of old comments are still there. Is there any way I can delete these too?
- (2019-03-26, v:1.2) Kyle Mallard: Time-Interval Nuking?
I'd love to be able to set something up within the plugin that allows it to auto-run with an interval timer. IE: Delete all comment and post history once a week. Would something like this ever be implemented?