To overwrite & delete all your comments on reddit, click this extension's icon next to your address bar.
- (2021-09-18) Benjamin Carnes: seemes to be working great!
- (2021-09-18) Killuki Zaoldyeck: I would have Loved this extension if we could choose which comment/posts delete!! Keep the upvoted content beyond x karma and delete the comment below x karma, this is much more important. Even if that doesn't clean up our karma account, it is useful to delete our history of shameful posts/content. I had to delete a lot of awesome comments and posts by fault of this. Also the lack of a confirmation window is dangerous, deleted my posts instead of comments by accident.
- (2021-09-09) T Y: Absolutely perfect. Took some time (about 20 minutes) but awesome tool. Thanks. Inbound gratitude.
- (2021-09-08) Jad OS: Excellent extension. Very useful and worked as intended.
- (2021-08-28) Alexander Dashit: This app did acactly what it sayd. You can even witness each comment if you want. This app gets a 100/100 fro me as i have zero negative to said. Great tool!
- (2021-08-22) Whutwat: I had to run it like 4 times even though it kept says that the job is done (obviously it wasn't). Anyways it works.
- (2021-08-04) Zaelesh: This extension is no longer working for me, the progress dialog keeps changing glitchy fast and my comments aren't being deleted. At first it just kept changing one comment over and over, but since i manually deleted it, it's not changing or editing anything now. Edit: And now it's suddenly working. Idk what the variable is unless an update got released.
- (2021-07-29) Zei33: Buggy but it worked! For some reason, it took about 5 times of waiting for it to slowly delete comments and run through. I refreshed it each time but on the fifth time, it started working properly. It absolutely tore through thousands of comments at that point.
- (2021-07-25) Sound Of The Color Orange: Works flawlessly 👌🏻
- (2021-07-19) Melissa Gordon Wolf: Amazingly helpful. So glad this exists. Don't forget to support the creator by becoming a patreon or sending some BTC.
- (2021-07-18) Carl: Does not delete all comments in one go. Monitor your reddit posts in another tab and you'll see them disappear as the extension runs, but it doesn't remove them all, so you must keep running the extension until they're all gone. Weird, but it does still work.
- (2021-07-17) TheReturnOfTrue: work,nice.thx
- (2021-06-30) Ella H: The extension worked as intended but I had one issue. When overwriting comments before deleting them, the comments are replaced with what are supposed to be generic phrases. Some of the phrases aren't generic though, like "He looked at a lake". That'll look very weird if someone sees the deleted comment since it's very specific. Good concept but I think all of the overwriting phrases should be generic.
- (2021-06-23) Philip: Works fine with me on Mac OS Catalina. Deletes all posts and comments. I would however like be able to change the random generated text. Tried to find the source code to be able to edit, but could not find out.
- (2021-06-23) Boxa Rain: I don't understand how this gets lets than 5 stars. Its called Nuke reddit history. It nukes your reddit history. Thanks!!
- (2021-06-05) Hayley: It's good, but it only deletes one month at a time. So delete "all" comments is not accurate.
- (2021-06-03) Brian Williams: I've been using this for years to periodically delete my comment history. But ever since the recent updates, it no longer works as well. It will delete a few weeks worth of comments, then stop and say it's done. You can do it again, and it'll delete a couple more weeks, then say it's done. Doing this for months or years worth of comments would be tedious... It didn't used to work like this. Previously, you could just hit it once and walk away and let it do its thing.
- (2021-05-24) Will S: It does it's job and does it well. If people are really complaining about how slow it is, just leave it running and go get a coffee and come back. It's not like it takes days.
- (2021-05-21) Vanessa Jambois: Worked for me after disabling the Reddit redesign AND opting into beta testing.
- (2021-05-18) Ralf Wolski: Works great. Don't know what people's issues are.
- (2021-05-10) Art Sky: 9.5 out of 10, gets the job done, saves you countless hours of work, my only complaint, is that you may need a few cycles to make sure all is gone, the creator of this thing is an angel, bless him.
- (2021-05-02) Ren Courtney: Only one issue but works great! I've been wanting to nuke my reddit accounts for some time, so I finally got to it. The first time I didn't disable the reddit redesign in my settings, so it didn't delete anything on my end. I disabled the reddit redesign and ran it again and it only deleted my comments up until 11 months ago. My account is about 8 years old so I'll have to run it a few times, but so far it is effective! Thanks.
- (2021-04-29) H C: Be sure to check again if all comments are deleted. Seems there's a limit on how many comments can be deleted. If you have too many previous comments accumulated trhough years, some may remain even "all comments deleted" message is shown.
- (2021-04-13) Mustache Monster: I recommend running multiple tabs at once but this extension deleted all my weirdo loser cringe reddit moments from like 2 years ago so yeah its pretty good
- (2021-04-10) Random Name: Mass deletion is fine but your entire history is available on camas reddit search.
- (2021-04-06) Tap Tap: Seems to clear maybe a week to a month's worth each go. Had to run it DOZENS of times but it did eventually get them all it looks like. If you have less comments it will take less tries of course
- (2021-04-04) Kayla Whitaker: Stopped working for me recently. Uninstall and then reinstall and it works just fine again. hope this helps someone
- (2021-03-30) Angel Jimenez: I mean I love that it's automatic but the bot takes like 30 seconds to delete a single comment. I've been running it for HOURS (no exaggeration, from like 9 am and it's now 5pm and it isn't even 2 months back) and I probably would have been done by now if I did this on my own.
- (2021-03-29) Fuoco Roche: It's fine and works as intended, except that like other commenters have said, the "overwrite and delete comments" function is not working properly. It now takes a couple of tabs running at the same time for it to actually do what's supposed to do properly, because it only overwrites and deletes comments in a random amount of batches. Sometimes it deletes 10 comments, sometimes 20, sometimes 5, and then it stops working and you have to trigger it again. It now takes way more time than before to delete everything because of this, especially if you have an extensive comment history. But, I guess it's better than nothing. Even overwriting/deleting comments in small batches is better than doing it manually.
- (2021-03-28) Æ: Worked beautifully in the past. Now the comment deletion portion does not work
- (2021-03-18) neposklo: it does not delete all comments at once. i have to keep triggering the extension, but otherwise it's highly useful.
- (2021-03-16) Dude: Did a little harmless but "harmless" trollin' now omw to nuke my reddit acc to lessen the shame. I LOVED IT. Now I'm a functioning member of society and no single soul is aware of my past sins.
- (2021-03-08) S H: Works, but have to run it multiple times to get everything.
- (2021-02-22) Imagopher: +rep this extention saved my marriage
- (2021-02-22) Y Wang: worked after running a few times
- (2021-02-22) Thirteen Gears: Working greatly. Good stuff. Reddit is a cesspool.
- (2021-02-19) Yotta Baller: Worked perfectly. Only deleted 25-50 comments at time before you had to restart it, then started it in 3 tabs at time, did all my years in minutes ezpz.
- (2021-02-18) Apple Pine: Deleted all my posts and comments! perfect :)
- (2021-02-11) Colette: Why isn't it deleting all of my comments at once? I let it run until it says finished but it only seems to delete a week or 2 worth of comments at a time.
- (2021-02-10) Johnny: Doesn't work. It stopped multiple times before I gave up.
- (2021-02-02) Imran: Works like a charm. Thanks!
- (2021-01-29) Man Person: I love that it overwrites the comments before deleting it.
- (2021-01-16) Jonathan Hyde: Took four or five runs to delete about a year and a half of comments. Absolutely worth it. Thank you!
- (2021-01-16) ерунда сэндвич: Love it, godly tool.
- (2021-01-15) John Durso: It does what it's supposed to do, except for overwriting and deleting ALL comments. I've had to run it several times to get all of my comments scrubbed.
- (2021-01-15) Claudiu Creanga: Worked well, it deleted all my comments, but I don't know if it was the right decision.
- (2021-01-05) Geoffrey Atkinson: Does not work. Try it. Then visit https://camas.github.io/reddit-search/ Search for your comments by username. There they are.
- (2021-01-02) Tom Matthews: Deleted comments just fine, but all comments are still visible on removedit so kind of defeats the purpose of editing each comment before deleting.
- (2020-12-28) Marian: Works! Could just be a bit faster. Had to disable old.reddit redirect and reddit enhancement suite first.
- (2020-12-26) Frank Gabis: Works like intended and protects your privacy from *shudder* redditors. What's not to like about this extension?
- (2020-04-30, v:2.3.1) Damanteg Singh: none of my comments got deleted
I clicked overwrite and delete all my comments, but nothing got deleted?
- (2020-02-28, v:2.0.0) COMMENTOR IN CHIEF: How long does it normally take? I have been stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes.
How long does it normally take? I have been stuck on the loading screen for 10 minutes.
- (2020-01-08, v:2.0.0) David Mace: Delete comments 'older than' a certain age.
This would be way more useful if you could just have it delete everything 'older than x days'. Since most reddit content is only seen on the day it is posted (if at all), I would prefer to have a rolling blackout of reddit post history, leaving the current day (or two or three) of comments alone. Then this would be a truly useful daily tool, not just a tool for mass destruction before deleting (deactivating) an account.
- (2019-11-17, v:2.0.0) Dan G: Deleted comments still visible.
Everything is deleted from my user page, but all my comments I've made are still visible on the original posts (in their original form). Will this update in a few hours? Is there a fix for this?
- (2019-11-12, v:2.0.0) Ace of Spades: nuke reddit history
how do undelete it BACK? i got confused and was trying only for one sub. but everythings gone man
- (2019-10-01, v:2.0.0) Imad Tuco: What do I do about removeddit, ceddit and pushift's api in general?
The data is still retained there.
- (2019-09-27, v:2.0.0) Hayley Witherell: How do I delete posts too?
I got comments down, but I need to delete posts.
- (2019-09-04, v:2.0.0) User 1: Bro whats your paypal,I am giving you 10 bucks for making this. Saved me hours
Bro whats your paypal,I am giving you 10 bucks for making this. Saved me hours
- (2019-08-08, v:2.0.0) Benjamin Nordin: Plugin not working as intended
Hey. Overwriting the comment clearly isnt reflected on a site like removeddit. Maybe you could adapt your script so it just edits and then you can go back another time and delete when its been cached. Also, the redesign I feel is less clear both in terms of where it is in the process and in terms of whats happening.
- (2019-08-06, v:2.0.0) Matt D: Nuking only certain subreddits?
I'm not even sure if it would be possible, but is there anyway you could include options to only nuke certain subreddits? I help out with spreadsheets on /r/sheets and /r/googlesheets and would hate to nuke those comments as they are intermingled.
- (2019-08-03, v:2.0.0) Luke Poults: Posts
Do you have a ETA on the posts version?
- (2019-07-24, v:2.0.0) Matt Norris: Hasn't deleted ALL comments
Hi, So I got this extension up and running and mostly worked fine, however it only seems to have deleted comment that are catalogued under 'new', when I switch to 'top' and 'all time' a lot of old comments are still there. Is there any way I can delete these too?
- (2019-03-26, v:1.2) Kyle Mallard: Time-Interval Nuking?
I'd love to be able to set something up within the plugin that allows it to auto-run with an interval timer. IE: Delete all comment and post history once a week. Would something like this ever be implemented?