Filters inappropriate content from the internet.
Many parents want to ensure that their children can safely browse the Internet without having to worry about exposing their children to porn, profanity, or a variety of other content. Web Cleaner can help satisfy this desire by filtering both textual and image content based on fully customizable options. With Web Cleaner, you can specify words to block, websites that are free from blocking, and whether or not to block a webpage after finding a specified number of blocked words. You can also specify what keywords to block images on, as well as whether or not to turn on a scanner that can block images based on how much skin is in the image. You can specify which filters will be on or off. The filters are completely separate; they even have separate lists of whitelisted websites (websites that are free of filtering). As an additional feature, the options page will show the date and time that the options were last saved, as well as an optional note that you can specify while saving the options. This can help a parent determine if the extension has been tampered with. Unlike other extensions, Web Cleaner stores all the settings locally on your machine, allowing you to fully customize the filters to fit your own preferences and definition of inappropriate. Because it is so customizable, and because the text and image filters are completely separate from each other, the Web Cleaner extension is the most flexible extension of its kind available. If you run into any bugs/problems while using this extension, please e-mail a report to [email protected] Feel free to send any ideas to the same address. I will do my best to incorporate user ideas into the extension as it is updated.
- (2021-04-25) Pierre Billard: I also use this extension, and I found a french webcleaner on Google. The website : https://webcleaner.net
- (2019-04-11) 蓝天: Cool! Excellent extension, thanks for the author's help. Look forward to the next update. Attached is my related collection, hoping to help you:https://github.com/ZhuningS/PIF 附上我的相关收藏库，希望能帮到大家 反垃圾与不良信息工具、技巧、经验，防治信息焦虑等信息病，保护精神卫生与身心健康。当信息的主人，而不是奴隶。
- (2018-07-03) ahmed sabra: A good extension that blocks images from a specific source, a specific website, no matter where images are embedded. Still poor regarding accuracy and performance. It usually blocks contents from non-blacklisted websites. It also slows down Google Chrome tremendously.
- (2018-04-25) liam wharton-hamilton: stops loading all images
- (2016-11-09) Claudio Ramirez: Very good filter but could use an upgrade. This is by far my favorite filter to avoid bad language on the web, but unfortunately it won't exactly censor everything such as comments from Twitter in other type of web-pages. Again good but think an upgrade would be good.
- (2016-06-08) greeat app
- (2016-04-13) Samuel Davis: This extension is fantastic. For years I browsed with the images disabled to avoid the garbage which come up through normal traffic. Web cleaner has given me enough freedom that the internet is actually useful now.
- (2016-01-05) Milicent Smith Faulkner: I have not used this yet. I think this will be good. I hope so!
- (2015-03-17) 福海: 可以过滤网页中的文字，尤其是屏蔽国内综合网站中广泛的成人信息太实用了！！
- (2014-12-09) Anuradha Rajapakse: Love the skin pixel option
- (2014-04-24) Alexey Baryshev: Скачал пару списков мата, вставил в фильтр, и теперь можно читать комментарии на Google Play. Но теперь Вконтакте не читается.
- (2013-08-06) Mac Schaff: It works great. I wish there was an option to choose by what blocked content is replaced. As of now it is replaced by a big Web-Cleaner image. Please let me choose for example to have things replaced with a smaller image and with nothing.
- (2013-05-03) Elizabeth Gray: This works perfectly. The settings are very easy to personalize according to whatever your needs are, and the extension itself works flawlessly on webpages.
- (2013-05-02) Seosaidh: This extension is really helpful. I don't like to see some of the stuff that appears through general web browsing, and with this extension, I can remove it. It's customizable enough that I can tell it what I want removed and it usually will not remove anything that I might still want to see.
- (2020-05-14, v:1.0.0) Abhishek Sahu: Need web cleaner pixelated version
Sir, I request you to please provide me the earlier version of this extension that used to pixelate the images. My Email : [email protected] thanks & regards
- (2020-01-27, v:1.0.0) Dasha Riabova: Affiliate marketing inquiry
Hello, My name is Daria, I represent Galaksion ad network. We work directly with both - websites and advertisers. Currently we have around 5k websites WW and we work with their owners directly. We are looking for a direct cooperation with you as well. What about promotioning your cleaner google chrome extension on our websites? Could you please let me know if you support s2s integration? Do you work with CPA payment model? What GEOs are you best at? The year is almost over so it the best time to find new partners for an upcoming period :) I hope we'll be able to start working together. You can reach me in skype - live:.cid.b46a21c780d34c63 or linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/daria-riabova-b48222129/ Have a good day,
- (2018-10-02, v:1.0.0) Claudio Ramirez: Not Working!
I've been using this app for a long time and now for no reason it stopped working, I promise I didn't do any adjustments I was just surfing on the web and poof it no longer works! Please could you update this app?
- (2018-09-05, v:1.0.0) 蓝天: bug
- (2015-08-05, v:1.0.0) Font Issue when filtering words on YouTube
When YouTube is not whitelisted, it changes the font on some text elements on YouTube since the font for all text on YouTube has changed from Arial to Roboto.