Select any text to see its IPA transcription and to hear its pronunciation.
Pronunciations are retrieved from Google servers via the speechSynthesis API. The IPA transcriptions are based on the CMUdic by Carnegie Mellon University.
- (2021-09-12) Deepak Sharma: This is an awesome extensions
- (2021-07-31) Trí Minh Ngô: good. thanks you
- (2021-04-09) Isabella C.: I didn't understand how it works :( I clicked on the word and then on the extension but nothing happened
- (2020-11-19) Alice Darcy: Doesn't work
- (2020-10-18) INTEGRAL: Just added, that's why I don't know how good this translator is for a long term use. I've tried for 10 different apps and only this works for american pronunciation
- (2020-10-03) Roman Rozborskyi: Exellent extension.
- (2020-09-05) Marcos Dominguez: It just doesn't do anything. I really tried to make it work, but nothing
- (2020-04-05) Max Richard: excellent
- (2019-05-28) Fabian Sosa Escalada: Great extension, handy, direct to the point, intuitive. You get more than what you expect.
- (2019-04-17) Bruno Noobador: Amazing!
- (2019-04-16) Viet Hoang Le: As an English learner, this Plugin is handy to me.
- (2019-02-08) Maria Beatriz: Excellent app . It help me to learn English pronunciation . Thank you.
- (2019-01-07) Eugene E: I've been using this extension for a long time. Really like it. Recently noticed that the standard female voice has been replaced with a male's one. Still robotic, but way better. I experience the sheer joyousness of using it! Currently, solid 4 out of 5. Hope there is room for improvment.
- (2018-12-19) Duy DOAN: It's very useful. Many thanks! Adding stroke will be an excellent improving! Thanks, Donald, Vietnam
- (2018-09-11) Hai Nguyen: omg, the extension is good to lookup IPA to speak new word. Thank you so much
- (2018-06-30) Deta Wiki: It would be better if it has a hover view option
- (2018-03-13) amazing app
- (2017-01-02) Ivan Bolatti: ɔsəm ɪkstɛnʃən!
- (2016-09-29) Rick K: É exatamente o que eu procurava. Mostra a transcrição fonética falada e escrita, embora seja pela do google.
- (2016-09-26) Enes Şaki: Very useful extention. But it needs to be further improved.
- (2016-04-26) Danh Dung Nguyen: good but need instance transcription line by line word. tks you. about speak voice. i suggest using bing speak voice.
- (2015-08-07) Aleksey: Thank you. I think it is very underrated extension.
- (2015-06-13) Manuel Meza: Exellent extension. THANK YOU.
- (2021-08-02, v:1.1) Felipe Poleti: Sound
Is it possible to turn off the sound of each word selected?
- (2017-10-07, v:1.1) Plamen Parvanov: very good
Very good idea! It would be great if you put option for British and American IPA. And yes keep the popup as simple as possible.
- (2016-07-27, v:1.1) Tarık S: ɜː problem and length feature
A very useful extension but it has two main problems 1) it shows us the schwa (ə) symbol in place of (ɜː) sound 2) there is no length (:) feature which is one of the key aspects of pronunciation.
- (2016-05-16, v:1.1) Khalid Mammadov: British English
Is there British english version of this?
- (2016-05-12, v:1.1) Amir Jaberzadeh: stress support
I like your extension but I would be happy to see stresses available in the pop up bubble.
- (2016-01-25, v:1.1) Geneva Felice: Will not open
I've added this to my computer and every time I try to click on the icon, it will not open. How can I uninstall it from my computer? I added it to my Chrome and it will not even show me that I added the app. Please advise. Thank you!
- (2015-10-26, v:1.1) Serkan Konakcı: So fast
Sometimes speaks so fast. Are there any options about it?