Make Facebook less distractive.
Are you bothered by "someone likes your post" notifications on Facebook? Hide 'Like' Notifications is for you! You won't miss more critical notifications such as "someone commented on your status." ## Privacy This extension never collects any of your personal information. ## Open Source https://github.com/zerobase/fb_hide_like_notifs ## How To Contribute If you still find any annoying notifications, give me feedback. I would appreciate it if you could give me detail information about the element you want to hide from the browser inspection tool. And also, it would be great if you pull-request a code since I cannot reproduce every type of notification. ## Change Log Version 1.15.0 (Apr 19, 2017): - Bugfix #10 - Add 'page_post_reaction' - Install sass - Add "How To Contribute" to README See https://github.com/zerobase/fb_hide_like_notifs/blob/master/CHANGES.md for more.
- (2019-09-06) Juvili Hernandez: I love it, it does what I need.
- (2019-07-23) Kristof M: Thank you so much for creating this
- (2019-04-02) Светлана Кузовлева: Реально "убирает" извещения лайках. Помогает "слезть с иглы социального одобрения". Подходит для сильных духом :) Извещения о комментариях и новых записях продолжают приходить :)
- (2019-03-19) TheHybridDragon: perfect, block my likes and kept the comments
- (2018-09-21) Cat Robson: Wow, this worked instantly and also hides 'reacted to' notifications which I wanted as well. Thanks!
- (2018-08-28) Andy Williams: It does what it says on the tin :) i.e. it works!
- (2018-08-14) Linn Zaw Win: It's not working for me on Chrome 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) with Facebook
- (2018-05-19) Nastassja Riemermann: Works great for me. :)
- (2018-03-05) Rita Morris: Doesn't work. I closed chrome and reopened. Do I have to reboot my machine?
- (2017-12-07) Katrin Hill: Sehr cool. Jetzt bin ich verwöhnt und schau meine Benachrichtigungen am Handy kaum noch an
- (2017-11-03) Daniel Bar: Great !
- (2017-09-18) John Clark: Arigatou *bow* This is great, it's open source and a most excellent plugin for group or Page managers.
- (2017-09-03) Ivan Tzenkov: Nefunguje :/
- (2017-02-28) MrCatZaa TheCat: I LOVE THIS EXTENSION!!! Becaues can clean up "Useless Liked/Reacted Notifications",Keep it UP!!
- (2017-01-20) Excellent. Good work Ishibashi ! Wow... today I have to reinstall it because it was updated and needed it. And for a short period it was not working (until I reinstalled it). Having it missing makes me appreciate what a great add on extension this is. It leaves only the important notification that normally require a response! Still 5 stars!
- (2017-01-08) Fabio Fang: Pretty useful. If it seems like it doesn't work, just close Chrome and open it again. Will show you the number of notifications including likes and reactions but won't show you those.
- (2017-01-07) Mike Franks: This extension is a Godsend! I operate a Facebook group where we do periodic photo contests. I load all of the entries into one huge FB photo album. Them members vote for their favorites by LIKING them. For two days I was flooded with LIKE notifications. This will help tremendously. Thank you so much!
- (2016-12-09) Ryudenki: It's not working in any manner. I still get the notifications that I have to mark as 'read' in my drop-down for notifications, as well as the pop-up bubble and red number in the upper left. Neither right- nor left-clicking the app's icon gives anything to click on that takes me to a menu to manage any possible options for the extension. So it just kinda sits there.
- (2016-11-27) Maxim Uvarov: Awesome!!!
- (2016-11-26) davidhcefx: This is what I've been looking for! Great extention!
- (2016-11-26) FANTASTIC! This is just what I needed! Now important issues get more attention. Only hope this could also be on my phone app. THANKS!
- (2016-11-20) Ainsley M: Daily Adventurefest TV: Doesn't work
- (2016-10-12) Wesley Pipkin: can we just get an update for all the "loved" and Smiley-face "reaction" notification bullsh!t now plz? that would be awesome. otherwise this is amazing and saved me from deleting fb all together
- (2016-09-20) Matt Johnson: If you want to also hide reactions, I've created a version of this extension that now includes this feature. Just download the file linked below, unzip, go to Chrome Extension settings, click "Developer Mode," click Load unpacked extension..., then choose the unzipped file. Make sure to keep the folder in place because if it gets moved, it will break the extension. Download: http://bit.ly/2cqpTXh
- (2016-09-15) Razmik Badalyan: It doesn't hide bubble notifications (on bottom left ) and red alert on earth icon (on top right). only like notifications in notification feed. is it the way this should work?
- (2019-06-03, v:1.15.2) E Mac: Opera Extension?
I use Chrome and Opera on my computer. I would love to be able to have the Do Not 'Like' Notifications on that browser too. Could you also code one for Opera?
- (2019-04-17, v:1.14) Ellen Paik: I LOVE this extension, but one more suggestion
This is seriously one of the best extensions ever. Thank you SO much! May I suggest that you look into implementing a solution to block another extremely annoying notification that many users are complaining about? It's the notification: "Reminder: mark items that have been sold in XXXX group" These keep popping up randomly every day for no reason at all. Tons of users have said they wished there was a way to turn this off! You are my hero!
- (2018-12-25, v:1.14) Frederico Bennett: Stopped working
After using it for over a year it suddenly stopped working. I have latest v1.14 and it is enabled. I even removed it, restarted Chrome and reinstalled it, but it's just not doing anything any more. I see many others with the same problem but no solutions.
- (2018-04-07, v:1.14) Jen Gagne: Isn't working
I have the same problem as the commenter below -- it's enabled in Chrome but isn't affecting Facebook in any way. I tried logging in and back out, restarting, all the usual. No luck.
- (2018-04-02, v:1.14) Xoan Vũ: hide follow notifications ?? and group ?
hide follow notifications ?? and group ?
- (2018-02-15, v:1.14) Strider Bikes: stopped working
first of all I LOVE this extension. Thank you so much. I have been using it for years, unfortunately today it just stopped working... I tried uninstalling and reinstalling without success it's greyed out and the likes started showing up in my notifications again. suggestions on what to do next?
- (2017-11-10, v:1.14) Thea van Diepen: Could you add an option where I can see reacts if I want?
I don't look at my like notifications anyways, but I would like to be able to see react notifications, as I need that information for my job. I know react notifications bug a lot of people, so would it be possible to have a setting that would allow us to see reacts if we want to? It would be much appreciated
- (2017-10-04, v:1.12) Jane Elliott: Why isn't this working? I've had this for a couple years
This stopped working after an update that occurred about a week ago. I uninstalled and re-installed (as I had the most current version installed, I didn't know what else to do). It's simply not working. All my likes and reactions show up in the list of notifications that are under the "globe".
- (2017-10-04, v:1.12) Jane Elliott: It's not working now...have had this for a couple years
My likes are showing up in my notifications. The pop ups always used to to, but they wouldn't get transferred over to the "globe" of notifications. They've been showing up for about a week or so, ever since Chrome did an update. Do they ever read these posts to check out if an update had somehow stopped this extension from working?
- (2017-04-09, v:1.12) Can't turn on/off since Chrome updated
You used to be able to hit the extension icon to hide/see likes. Ever since Chrome updated to Version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit), the extension icon is greyed out and you can't see/hide the likes anymore. I uninstalled the extension, cleaned cookies and reinstalled. The icon is still grey'd out. Extension works, but occasionally I like to see the likes then re-hide them. Can this be readjusted? Thank you in advance :-)