Filters out undesirable comments from the Web.
Comment Snob filters out undesirable comments from the Web. It comes with support for YouTube by default, but you can add support for many other sites by installing Comment Snob rules. For each rule that you install, you can choose from the following filtering parameters: * Number of spelling mistakes * All capital letters * No capital letters * Doesn't start with a capital letter * Excessive punctuation (!!!! ????) * Excessive capitalization * Profanity * Filtering on custom words and phrases Visit http://www.chrisfinke.com/comment-snob/ for more information and for links to more Comment Snob rules.
- (2019-07-31) Yes No: Disable all comments option simply not working. Didn't bother with the rest...
- (2017-03-07) Toni Hannula: No longer works at all.
- (2017-01-24) Stewart Bradley: Doesn't work. Still need to put up with inane attention seeking fanboys.
- (2017-01-02) Blael: Would be amazing if it actually worked
- (2016-11-02) Péter Mogyorósy: Doesn't Work
- (2016-05-24) Pat Vee: Doesn't work, no longer supported
- (2015-06-24) Lachlan: Not functional.
- (2015-06-12) Sean McNally: Doesn't work. Used to up until a few months ago. I tried re-installing and still doesn't operate at all.
- (2015-06-03) Fusion Developer: Doesn't work. Probably because the comments are hidden at first until you scroll down. I want to give this the highest rating, but it doesn't work. I hope some day this works, then I will give it the highest rating possible.
- (2014-11-18) Sasha Shin: Didn't work
- (2014-10-30) Felix Hoefert: Comment snob does not work with Chrome on Windows 8.1 Version 38.0.2125.111 m There is no CS icon or any other option to open or activate it. I could find no useful information on the CS site. If someone could help, I'd be thankful.
- (2014-10-10) Jaume vega: Don't work, please google, erase this piece of sh*t
- (2014-09-18) jerio: Each time I scrolled through the YouTube comment section, I felt like I am loosing my brain cells. One time I saw a comment saying "the video is lo qualiy".I smashed my computer with my hand and hit my face with the screen. But these days are gone! Gone! Gone!!! Thank you, Christopher Finke, for making this great enhancement. Finally, a logical minded person!
- (2014-09-07) charlene degidio: ONly the hide all comments work.
- (2014-08-19) cheeseman52: Can confirm that this no longer seems to work as of 8/19/2014
- (2014-08-15) Seems like something i'd love to use, but no longer appears to be functional.
- (2014-07-03) Rob Heckman: Long-time comment snob user reporting in- Still not working as of July 3 2014. :(
- (2014-05-14) Oliver D: Does not work.
- (2014-03-09) Yilin Yang: No longer works. Tested it with a documentary video on YouTube about the Holocaust, no comments were hidden.
- (2013-11-16) Health Wyze Media: It used to be great, but it no longer works. Look up "No Youtube Comments" instead, if you want something that just disables comments. I left a message for the programmer, but never received a response. Hopefully he will fix this, eventually.
- (2013-10-25) Wesley Wilson: It doesn't work for whatever reason (as of the date of this review). It's sad, since this sounds like a great extension.
- (2013-10-13) It doesn't work now (October 2013).
- (2013-06-25) Gustavus Sjovold: I'm going to find it very difficult to articulate myself because of how ecstatic I am, but here goes: this extension is amazing! Near perfect even. Gone are the days where I hesitated scrolling through the YouTube comment section in fear of losing some of my brain cells. However, I do wish it had some method of filtering out comments with severe misspellings and grammatical errors beyond forgetting periods and capital letters. I only mention this because I noticed some comments giving the extension "the slip" just because they started their comment with a capital letter and did not use all caps. I realise that this might be very difficult, or even impossible, to implement, so whether or not this happens is fine by me. I highly recommend this extension to anyone who can comprehend the English language beyond the second-grade level.
- (2013-01-24) Alex Laramee: I can finally scroll down on a YouTube video without the sudden urge to lodge an axe in my skull.
- (2012-12-31) Synetech : This extension is a good idea (at least for the seemingly few of us who are not immature, illiterate, hostile, gits), but it needs a little more work. (It does in fact still work with YouTube’s new “improved” design.) As others have requested, it should have the option of completely hiding unwanted comments in addition just hiding them. Also, it does NOT WORK at all for any comments that are loaded dynamically; only for comments that are loaded during the initial page loading.