This extension will open up a new tab on www.fakerfact.org to check your current tab's content for indications of fake news
With so much information coming at you everyday, it can be hard to figure out what is Real Journalism vs Fake News. While computers can't tell you what's true and what's not, they can help provide information that will help you make that determination. FakerFact uses a machine learning algorithm we call Walt (named after Walter Cronkite). Walt has read millions of articles from sites all over the internet, and has been trained to detect relevant Fake News patterns. For example, Walt can tell you whether the web page you are viewing shares characteristics of articles that are typical of good journalism, opinion pieces, clickbait, conspiracy theories, or satire. Then you can make your own determination of whether you think the article is a valid and trustworthy news source or if it is Fake News.
- (2018-06-14) Doc M: This is great. UI could use some work but I love what "Walt" says.
- (2018-06-14) Phronesis ML: Awesome tool for when I'm reading something and want to know if it is for real.
- (2018-04-23) Hamid Mukhtar: Would give good rating if the login had been sensible. Why should I use my google account to associate with this extension and share my personal information? Please make the association with any email and would be happy to try and rate again.
- (2018-04-06) Ron T: excellent and reliable!
- (2018-03-29) Hollis Nolan: Cool tool!