Light and easy way to block websites
Light and easy way to block websites. Stop websites from stealing your time and exploiting your internet addiction. Just block them. Features: * Works silent(doesn't show you any notification, doesn't open any window, doesn't ask you any question, just silent does what you want) * Easy to use(options are textarea with two buttons - save and disable/enable) * Light(script size is only 5 kb and does not overload your cpu) * Inconspicuous icon on chrome toolbar doesn't attract attention. ------- Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- (2020-07-07) Hào Nguyễn Đức: this is functional
- (2020-04-15) Klubnika Media: Хорошее расширение. Лёгкое в настройке, просто добавляете рекламный или любой другой сайт в список расширения и этот сайт вас больше не побеспокоит.
- (2019-12-12) Pro STRALPT: Mantaplah!!
- (2019-07-13) Paul Daum: no bloat, works as advertised
- (2018-07-30) Диана Евсюкова: Действительно отличное расширение, просто и без всяких предупреждений и текстов закрывает необходимый контент
- (2018-11-24, v:0.1.5.3) youtube
- (2018-09-10, v:0.1.5.3) Include subdomains
It would be nice to be able to add a subdomain mask. Or any mask in a domain, for that matter. Example: *.domain.com would block/whitelist domain.com, m.domain.com, sub.domain.com, etc. Or, domain*.com would block/whitelist domain.com, domain2.com, domain-again.com, etc.
- (2018-08-10, v:0.1.5.3) Michael Sloan: Remind to re-enable
I realized that I hadn't had blocksite enabled for more than a month. It's way too easy to disable it "temporarily" and just totally forget to re-enable. Every page that would be blocked if it was enabled should have a little thing in the corner saying "Shouldn't you turn blocksite back on?" Otherwise, great stuff. I would implement this myself if it was opensource - I have also written a browser extension - https://github.com/mgsloan/todoist-shortcuts . Please let me know if there is a repo I can modify. There is little point in me doing it for my self if I can't share it with others. Thanks! -Michael