Speaks aloud text in web pages
Free extension with a few Premium features, see below. Speak any text on a website by selecting it, point with the mouse to hear text and links and captions, or click Play to hear sentences read out with highlighting to let you keep track of where you are. Read Google Docs documents back to you so you can proof your work and fix any errors. Speak accessible PDFs opened in Google Chrome with highlighting by clicking the Play button. Hear letters, words or sentences spoken back as you type. Simply type in to web pages and hear what you type as you type it. For letters, hear the letter names or sounds spoken back to you, whichever helps you understand better. Turn on a coloured overlay so pages are tinted to the colour you find easiest to read - no more glaring black on white text. Change the speed of the spoken voice, slower for comprehension, faster for efficiency. Activate word prediction to help you with writing and composition - find that elusive word you want. Now includes subject-specific prediction dictionaries and larger base dictionaries! Read the contents of Google Docs extensions aloud so your support tools speak. Select from English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, or Chinese voices. Or use a selection of voices installed on your computer - just select the voice in your computer's settings. PREMIUM FEATURES! Upgrade to a Premium subscription and also gain: ● Scan from Screen, so you can select inaccessible images like Google Books and hear them read aloud. ● Spelling and Homophone checking in Google Docs, Microsoft Office 365 Word Online and other editable text areas. ● Speech Recognition. Enter text in to documents and text areas of web pages through dictation. ● Reading with highlighting in Microsoft Office 365 Word. ● More online text-to-speech voices. Subscriptions are available through In-App purchase for individuals or can be obtained with a Claro Site License. From the developers of ClaroRead for Mac and Windows and the ClaroSpeak and ClaroPDF Apps.
- (2019-12-10) Isac Johansson - BARK 9C: Hatar denna jävla skol-appen som är fett värdelös
- (2019-11-19) P N: Très facile à utiliser, la voix française est bien claire. Mais: après une période, obligée de désinstaller, car visiblement la période d'essai est terminée, et j'ai une fenêtre qui s'affiche en continu me demandant de payer. Or, je ne savais même pas qu'il y avait une période d'essai, ni combien de temps!
- (2019-09-26) H: Works fine, though if you have the software is pretty unnecessary, and has the really awful feature of preventing you viewing any and all PDF files in browser: pretty bad for students who get all their assignment briefs via online PDFs. As much as I've been recommended it, I will be telling everyone who asks me about it not to use it.
- (2019-09-01) James Wiegel: The free version is perfect for my occasional needs to read longer websites, however sometimes the extension control disappears and I can't get it to read anything. I give 4 stars because it appears that this app is frequently updated and has some professional development on this product.
- (2019-05-11) Rosemary Sladden: I am dyslexic and this gives me so much more understanding of what I am reading. I love it and wish it would or could read every page. Some pages I find have blocked the ability to highlight their text. So I am effectively blocked and locked out. I also wish it could read stuff to me that I have scanned but it can't. thank you so much.
- (2019-01-13) Paisano: Can you make extension work offline with google voices? because they are built into browser
- (2018-10-09) Daniel Medina Valencia: Mal.. Lee alrededor de 25 palabras y se calla.
- (2018-06-11) Salomon Rovelo: funciona excelente, buena fluidez.
- (2018-05-16) Nadine Jones: Amazing and its free and the overlay helps a lot so glad i searched for it
- (2018-04-27) Gerry Lawson: I use this on a modern Chromebook - with access to Playstore. The extension works well but I wish that the Android default voice were available on the free version. This would allow me to set up lots of QUALITY android voices (e.g. using CEREPROC TTS) on the 10 chromebooks that I use in my ESL class and students could choose for themselves the brand of English that they want to learn. The voices available in the free version of ClaroRead DRIVE ME MAD.
- (2018-03-17) Nitin Sharma: works
- (2018-02-07) D I: Since downloading this my PC is in a mess. I hate it!
- (2017-11-30) DiegoALexis2079: garbage
- (2017-11-29) Jona Jona: Bravo et merci ! je suis en mode gratuit et elle fait bien son travaille en Francais ! simplicité en un clique! Avec des options variée et interessante! comparer a 4 autres qui etait mal faite mal conçus!
- (2017-11-21) euros ST.: [UPDATE 21/11/17: I had to disable it and remove one more star, because it gets all the time in my way, it messes up with my browser, and my emails. It doesn't let me write text in my emails. It chooses/higlights paragraphs of text on its own, without my intervention. And this popup "play button" prevents me from viewing the webpage.] -- previous review: This extension is very good!! everywhere I show with the mouse, it reads it!!! A great Text-To-Speech Extension on the Chrome amongst others. I prefer the "English US Microsoft David Desktop". It reads more clear and no pauses delays, as other voices does. I gave 4 stars because I don't find any way to remove this "play button" Popup. and Unfortunately, you don't support the Greek Language. :-( Anyway, I wish on the next update to fix these 2 features. You did a very good job guys!
- (2017-09-21) SVERHcheLOVEK NIETZSCHE: Лучшее из подобных расширений, хоть и на английском.
- (2017-02-16) Daniela Dioguardi: it works !
- (2016-12-01) Ichigo S-Guranto: I prefer having it on the 'click and play' rather than reading everything on my screen! There are a good range of voices. I love the screen and highlight function as well as it's ability to read text continuously unlike other TTS extensions. Pretty awesome features for freeware! I already have Claroread plus, can I use the license key I received to activate the pro version of this extension?
- (2016-09-26) Aussie Trader: How the hell does it work? I've installed it and it does nothing but ask for a key!
- (2016-08-08) heh hehowski: okropna
- (2016-06-07) Mary McGovern: It is a start. It would be great if it read documents from the Google Drive, docs and alike. Also, when reading webpages it does not read web addresses. It recognises the dot as a full stop. Please continue to work on this as it would be so much easier as having Claroread pro.
- (2016-05-16) Stephen West: Requires a key to use. Should have been up front about it, wasted 10 mins of my time.
- (2016-04-12) Michael H: I've been listening to works recently, and missed Sangeeta on OSX, so I went looking for her. I found her behind a 300.00 paywall :-( but on the upside, I found Claroread for Chrome! This app is Outstanding. I had a very similar 'speek' button 12 years ago in a linux browser called Konqueror (on KDE 2). When KDE versioned to 3, the speech addon was gone, and nothing has come close to it until this app, which blows Konqueror's "speek" away. Every voice on my system, every voice google has made.. wow.. Now if I could just get a filipino voice.
- (2016-04-11) Tim Langner: It works very well. Sometimes bugs are encountered but they seem to fix them within a few weeks of reporting them. It would be useful to have a release history so can see what has changed and whether a bug has been fixed or not as some bugs encountered caused pages within Chrome to freeze or crash. If that occurs you may need to disable the extension until the bug is fixed but you may not know when that has happened.
- (2016-03-29) Michael Larsen: I like it, though I find it irritating I can not multitask. When I click on the website, on the scrollbar or change tabs it stops which is quite sad :( -1 star