VPN.AC SecureProxy is a secure web-tunnelling extension, or a browser-based VPN.
SecureProxy browser extension for Chrome provides with the ability to surf the web securely and privately without connecting to a "classic" VPN. It works like a browser proxy and all browsing traffic is encrypted through a secure tunnel. Stealth against Firewall/DPI: when inspected using DPI technologies, the connections using the SecureProxy don't trigger alerts like a classic VPN would usually do. There is no need to tunnel all your PC traffic through the VPN: you can have the browser tunneling the traffic through our servers and all other traffic sent via your regular ISP connection. What's new: - v2.0.17: work-around for Chrome newly introduced bug resulting in no connection when starting browser; added "China Optimized" category (enable it in Preferences) - v2.0.13: bug fixes related to local storage of preferences. - v2.0.11: new design, news tab, help tab, bug fixes. New version requires Privacy permissions due to a change of the WebRTC blocking function. Previous updates: - v1.8.0: added country flags, changed icons. - v1.7.2: added ability to exclude websites or entire TLDs from using the SecureProxy connection to access them. NOTE: You need an active VPN account from https://vpn.ac to connect using this extension.
- (2019-09-19) bryton krueger: The vpn is alright. The extension is actual garbage. hardly works in China. Using the desktop app is one of the only ways to use this vpn.
- (2018-12-25) 收费的
- (2018-12-20) Bo审判党不需要平反: Easy to use!I appreciate the simplicity this extension has brought!
- (2018-11-03) king T: 垃圾，用不了。
- (2018-09-28) Andy Maddox: These guys do vpn right.amazing tech support and it just works.no complaints here
- (2018-09-27) Rafale EG: Unfortunately does not support TLS 1.3 :(
- (2018-07-18) Utku Garip: Ücretsiz değil - Not free
- (2018-06-01) Timothy Flores: Best VPN
- (2018-04-26) Mikko Poussu: Excellent extension. Performance is great, easy to use and works stable. Very happy with it. Only continue improving with bug fixes, little by little to make it shine.
- (2018-04-18) 杨泽: awsome in china！
- (2018-03-24) The only VPN that actually always works in China. Tried a lot of them over three years here.
- (2018-03-14) Eric C. Burdge: Highly recommend this VPN. Awesome and immediate customer technical support.
- (2018-03-05) Ali Green: Works absolutely fine now with the update! Thank you!!
- (2018-02-07) Peter Pavey: The app needs to be started manually when browser opens whereas in the past it started automatically. This needs a fix please!
- (2018-01-10) Have been a satisified user for a couple of years now. Latest update has ruined it. Constantly will not connect to the local Aussie servers. Why fix it when it's not broken. Now, it's well and truly broken.
- (2017-11-19) Dm Pl: Nice
- (2017-10-01) super toad: Clunky and troublesome after the recent update. May change to TunnelBear soon.
- (2017-09-29) Yen Chin Ong: For the latest update -- the new interface is cool and all, but I am having problem connecting the VPN in China. It was great before the update.
- (2017-09-29) LIU XIN: best,ever, worthy to buy.
- (2017-09-22) RodrigoEick: Been using with huge success in china before, but with this new updated interface, the Location that I choose keeps reverting to the default all the time, which is not good.
- (2017-09-09) Josh: Simple and easy to set up but very effective.
- (2017-08-07) Scott Mackey: Well worth subscription. It just works. No Hassle.
- (2017-08-01) Ivan Hay: 用了有一段时间了，有时候有点卡顿，但总的来说速度蛮快的，满分。
- (2017-07-29) 罗鸿杰: Amazing ,But it's not stable in china
- (2017-06-03) Victor Wang: Easy to use. Love it!
- (2019-04-20, v:2.0.17) Anton Berko: Bad connectivity
Hi, I am in China, connecting to China-optimized locations successfully but it often barely works (LA-5CN2, HK, JP) for streaming video like youtube in 360p. How can I improve my experience? Thanks.
- (2018-09-18, v:2.0.17) Cory Crossman: Recently, It doesn't connect from China
Hi, Vpn.ac team, I am in China and I have been using the chrome extension for more than 4 months with no problem at all, but recently, I think around late August 2018 until now, there have been no successful connection made from the chrome extension. I have checked my ID, it still not expired and I am also use the Mac software to make the connection and mostly with no problem, but I prefer to use the Chrome Extension as it is easier and quicker to connect, so it will be helpful if you can fix the extension. Thanks.
- (2018-01-24, v:2.0.13) Peter Pavey: Connection problem
Recently each time I open chrome I'm not connected to VPN.ac I manually need to make the connection its annoying as in the pass this would never happen.
- (2017-09-25, v:2.0.13) Tab problem
can only access connect tab all others un clickable
- (2017-09-23, v:2.0.11) Martin Meissner: Selected Location
Reverts all time to default and the default is not changeable!
- (2017-09-12, v:1.8.0) Tia Yuhe Su: Connected but nothing
I don't have much prob connecting, but after it says "connected" I am not able to use any features. I can't use g or youtube on my chrome despite that I am "connected". The software works fine.
- (2017-09-06, v:1.8.0) Michael Barrett: Update UI design
Bring it in line with the other platforms client interfaces
- (2016-11-30, v:1.8.0) Chris Michael England: Doesn't allow access to certain sites.
I keep getting an error code from my Yahoo, saying my connection is "noy private", so it blocks me from going further. The other is my Netflix account, which will not load the movie I select and it says it is due to a "connection issue with my Chrome extensions." Everything points to the VPN as the problem.
- (2016-11-03, v:1.8.0) only two servers
I am in china and are only able to get two servers in the list. US vest coast and East coast. And this have been difficult to connect. It seems you blame this on ISP but that does not change that it does not work as intended. And for that reasons there is 0 point in have this subscription.
- (2016-09-25, v:1.8.0) Paul Mrocka: will not connect
Have a new Mac Pro book will not connect at all