Keyboard shortcuts for Google, YouTube, Github, Amazon, Scholar, and Startpage.
New in 0.4.8 * Scholar: work in all domains (not just .com) * Bugfixes New in 0.4.7 * Github: fix double highlighting issue * Github: add user repositories New in 0.4.6 * Minor visual tweaks in options page New in 0.4.5 * Github support * Better highlighting in startpage non-default themes New in 0.4.4 * Support for custom CSS rules in options page * Add keybinding for toggling verbatim search * Support Amazon next pages * Bugfixes New in 0.4.3 * Google image search results navigation support New in 0.4.2 * Don't focus on another element if the current one is not visible, only scroll to it New in 0.4.1 * *Very* experimental support for Amazon. New in 0.4.0 * Support for navigating to Top Stories, Twitter, Videos, and callouts * Support for remapping keys with key sequences * Experimental support for Youtube, Startpage, and Scholar (optional, needs to be enabled in options) * Bugfixes New in 0.3.3 * Link-opening shortcuts now prefer focused element over the highlighted result. Hence it is possible to navigate to sub-results and other links using the <tab> key. New in 0.3.2 * Scroll to top of the page when navigating to the "previous" result from the first result and wrapping is off. * Remove "People also ask" results from navigable results. New in 0.3.1 * Fixed unpredictable scrolling in results navigation. See also https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/35 * Fixed scrolling to first result when page is loaded. This fixes an issue where the extension would scroll over KP cards (stock data, top stories). See also https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/29 New in 0.3.0 * Renamed the extension to comply with the branding guidelines of Google LLC. New in 0.2.15 * Fixed "translate this site"-links being indexed as search results. New in 0.2.14: * Fixed search results matching in a new (or alternate?) Google™ search version. New in 0.2.13: * Fixed "Focus searchbox" shortcut not working in some cases. New in 0.2.12: * Added support for shopping results. New in 0.2.11: * Fixed options not being configurable for Firefox. New in 0.2.9: * Removed tabs permission which caused a scary Chrome warning about a new permission in the extension to read "browsing history". The issue was related to a new feature for opening a search result in the background- see the discussion in https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/53 NOTE FROM AUTHOR: sorry for that warning, but I can assure you that this extension DOES NOT READ ANY of your browsing history. You don't need to trust my word- you can read the source code in https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator New in 0.2.8: * Changed default key binding of "Open selected result in new window/tab" to `Ctrl/⌘ + Shift + Enter/Space`. * New feature for Navigation to a new tab in background (Ctrl/⌘ + Enter/Space) * New keybindings for navigating between search result pages * Added navigation to more tabs: shopping, books, flights, and financial. New in 0.2.5: * Keybindings for navigating to images/videos/maps/news tabs * Works in encrypted.google.com Simple open source extension that adds keyboard shortcuts to Google search™. Google search™ used to provide experimental keyboard navigation, but it was often broken (https://goo.gl/1zMkYu), and seems to have been removed as of 2017-07-31 (https://stackoverflow.com/a/45513198/1014208). In addition, I wanted to add new keyboard shortcuts and the existing ones to be more vim like (j/k for navigation). ## Keybindings * `↓`/`j`: Select next search result * `↑`/`k`: Select previous previous result * `/`/`Escape`: Focus on input search box * `Enter`/`Space`: Navigate to selected result * `Ctrl+Enter`/`⌘+Enter`/`Ctrl+Space`: Open selected result in background tab * `Ctrl+Shift+Enter`/`⌘+Shift+Enter`/`Ctrl+Shift+Space`: Open selected result in new window/tab * `←`/`h`: Navigate to previous search result page * `→`/`l`: Navigate to next search result page * `a`/`s`: Navigate to All tab (= default search tab) * `i`: Navigate to images tab * `v`: Navigate to videos tab * `m`: Navigate to maps tab * `n`: Navigate to news tab * `alt+s`: Navigate to shopping tab * `b`: Navigate to books tab * `alt+l`: Navigate to flights tab * `f`: Navigate to financial tab * `z h`: Filter results by past hour * `z d`: Filter results by past 24 hours (day) * `z w`: Filter results by past week * `z m`: Filter results by past month * `z y`: Filter results by past year * `z z`: Turn off filter (show all results) * `z t`: Toggle sort by date/relevance (only when filtering) ©2020 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google™ search is a trademark of Google LLC.
- (2020-07-11) Austin Jenkins: Great extension when working correctly. Recently I stopped being able to type certain letters into the google search bar, though. I believe it's all the same letters as the shortcuts for this extension. I'm guessing some Chrome update broke the extension, hoping it's fixed quick! Thanks for the great software!
- (2020-07-09) M D: Simply awesome! can't recommend enough
- (2020-07-07) Christian Tusch: It's really simple to use and great but I'm missing one feature: It can't select "subresults" from the same domain (like for example stackoverflow). As a workaround I navigate to the parent result and then tab my way to the subresult. But that breaks the flow since I have to switch keys and I also have to go over the dropdown arrow every time. Would be great if you could add this some time!
- (2020-07-01) Zevi Wolff: Really well done. thanks a lot
- (2020-06-28) Jason Gomez: Absolutely essential extension, now working better than ever. Should really have millions of more users.
- (2020-04-09) Thomas W: Does exactly what I wanted
- (2020-04-07) Kastan Day: Really liked this. Simple, but solves a problem. No config required.
- (2020-04-05) Guy Kaplan: Awesome!
- (2020-03-17) Zijia Xie: It's lightweight and works smoothly!
- (2020-02-21) Brian Roy Sagredo Lijeron: Great extension!, but i would be better if it can select chrome featured snippets (first search that is inside a box).
- (2020-02-16) Cyan Ogilvie: This is one of the little things that makes my world a better place, love it :)
- (2020-02-04) Elliot Holman: God it's useful
- (2019-12-17) James Fuller: Exactly what I was looking for
- (2019-10-09) Рустем Мазитов: awesome, just awesome
- (2019-09-20) o x: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!! OMG!!! YOU HAVE SAVED ME !!!!
- (2019-09-19) Arsen: Awesome extension! Thx
- (2019-06-11) Igor Petrovic: thank you for this! :)
- (2019-05-17) Stefane Guevremont: Self Proclaimed Chrome Extension addict, this one is in my top 3 most used! Cheers!
- (2019-05-10) Vladimir Mikulic: This plugin is awesome, hands down to the developer.
- (2019-04-20) Neli Harbuzava: Very good. I came with the idea to create such extension for myself... But you did it before me. And it is great!
- (2019-02-02) Zeeshan Qureshi: Lots of Love... <3
- (2019-01-11) Jerzy Potocki: I love it, was missing it a lot after Google has removed this functionality, thank you for making it!
- (2018-12-01) Bernardo Sulzbach: So far, this has been amazing. Thank you very much.
- (2018-11-04) Mathias Böhme: fantastic. While Google for some daft reason decided to remove keyboard functionality form search results, this re-instates it. Why is this so hard to grasp? Keyboard = efficient, mouse = inefficient..!
- (2018-10-30) Up Down: Wonderful
- (2020-07-09, v:0.4.8) M D: How to export "Settings"?
is there a way to export saved setting, so I could easily import them into another computer, or the only way is to reset everything manually?
- (2020-07-06, v:0.4.8) Malcolm Scott: Letters 's', 'p', 'a', 'c' and 'e' are blocked!
Since the latest update (0.4.8) I am unable to type the five letters s, p, a, c or e into the search box at the top of a results page.
- (2020-07-02, v:0.4.7) Andreas: Browsing between different results didn't work
But a restore of the extensions settings to default fixed it.
- (2020-06-29, v:0.4.5) M D: Breaks "Google Search Favicons" Extension
For some reason it breaks "Google Search Favicons" or any other icon extension for google :(
- (2020-06-27, v:0.4.5) Adrián Ismael Vázquez Gonsen: ESC shortcut key not working
A few days ago, I started having issues with the ESC key, as it does not trigger the focus on the input search box. Thank you in advance for your help!
- (2020-05-28, v:0.3.2) Daniel Olshansky: Extension Doesn't Work
I'm on the latest version of chrome and extension simply doesn't work for me. I have `Focus on first search result automatically after the page loads` enabled, but it doesn't automatically focus on the first result. When I click "tab", it goes to google's "Skip to main content" button. Not sure what I have to configure to make use of the extension, so any help would be appreciated!
- (2020-05-19, v:0.3.2) Zongyuan Guo: From Google Images to Google All not working
Tested keys for 'a' & 'e'.
- (2020-04-21, v:0.3.2) Jerzy Potocki: It is great; what about customizing colors of visited /unvisited links in Google Search
I love your extension, it is absolutely great - very practical to navigate with keyboard across search results. The thing that I am missing is being able to easily change colors of visited /unvisited links in search results - in my case they show in very similar colors, almost impossible to distinguish. Customizing it would be great for me, do you know any simple method for this or can you make part of your extension?
- (2019-08-27, v:0.3.2) Kevan Schwitzer: first result as callout not detected
Hey. Nice plugin. It's really a big time saver! I noticed a small issue. For some search results, when there's a callout/snippet associated with the first result, the extension does not detect that link as the first result. So, in this case, the extension doesn't mark it as the first one and additionally it cannot be navigated to. For example, if you type in the search query "microsoft excel strikethrough" you should see what I'm talking about. Thanks again for the great plugin!!
- (2019-06-24, v:0.3.2) Stefane Guevremont: Verbatim Search
Would it be a plausible idea to incorporate a keyboard shortcut key for Verbatim Search?
- (2019-05-17, v:0.3.2) Stefane Guevremont: Add Search Engines
In the options, if you could add search engines to the shortcuts you want to use, it would make this extension that much better. E.g.: Assigning "w" to the wikipedia search page. Another Extension I use, does something similar: "Selection Search".
- (2019-04-13, v:0.3.2) Nicholas Kreidberg: Allow access to other sites?
Hey there - I'd like to allow the plugin to access duckduckgo so that I can use the same shortcuts there. How do I add sites to the allowed list? Thanks!
- (2019-01-11, v:0.3.2) Jerzy Potocki: Clicking up/down while holding Ctrl
It would be useful to be able to click up/down key while holding the Ctrl key as well, when opening new pages in background (with Ctrl, which one has to release now before clicking up/down keys...). Could you please consider it? /It should be easy to make...
- (2018-05-03, v:0.2.9) Christian Schmidt: Opens twice
After searching something and doing a CTRL+RETURN on the chosen link, it opens twice. What can I do about it?
- (2018-02-06, v:0.2.5) Enrico Da Lozzo: Further development
Please add a shortcut "f" for google finance (https://finance.google.com/finance) Scrolling down search results is not fluid, as when a result at the bottom of the page is marked, the URL address and the google description basically lay on the page below. Page snapping should be improved. Good job anyway!
- (2017-12-21, v:0.2.5) Jonathan Duncan: back to search box
Is there a way to quickly get the focus back to the search box for quick alterations? I Think this would be perfect if i could do that... maybe i'm missing something obvious. Thanks so much for making this fantastic extension, this really makes searching 10X faster for me!
- (2017-12-05, v:0.2.5) Thurman Ye: Navigator doesn't start at first link with new "Best Answer" feature (e.g., for StackOverflow results)
- (2017-12-05, v:0.2.5) keyboard commands
Hello, Where can I find a list of keyboard commands to use with the Google Search Navigator Extension? Thanks Letha
- (2017-11-10, v:0.2.5) Siddarth R Iyer: Key shortcut for copying the URL
Quite simply, to copy the original URL into clipboard (URL without the google redirect) with a quick keypress (probably 'c'?) This would be awesome to quickly share URLs from search results.