Keyboard shortcuts for Google™ search.
New in 0.3.2 * Scroll to top of the page when navigating to the "previous" result from the first result and wrapping is off. * Remove "People also ask" results from navigable results. New in 0.3.1 * Fixed unpredictable scrolling in results navigation. See also https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/35 * Fixed scrolling to first result when page is loaded. This fixes an issue where the extension would scroll over KP cards (stock data, top stories). See also https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/29 New in 0.3.0 * Renamed the extension to comply with the branding guidelines of Google LLC. New in 0.2.15 * Fixed "translate this site"-links being indexed as search results. New in 0.2.14: * Fixed search results matching in a new (or alternate?) Google™ search version. New in 0.2.13: * Fixed "Focus searchbox" shortcut not working in some cases. New in 0.2.12: * Added support for shopping results. New in 0.2.11: * Fixed options not being configurable for Firefox. New in 0.2.9: * Removed tabs permission which caused a scary Chrome warning about a new permission in the extension to read "browsing history". The issue was related to a new feature for opening a search result in the background- see the discussion in https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator/issues/53 NOTE FROM AUTHOR: sorry for that warning, but I can assure you that this extension DOES NOT READ ANY of your browsing history. You don't need to trust my word- you can read the source code in https://github.com/infokiller/web-search-navigator New in 0.2.8: * Changed default key binding of "Open selected result in new window/tab" to `Ctrl/⌘ + Shift + Enter/Space`. * New feature for Navigation to a new tab in background (Ctrl/⌘ + Enter/Space) * New keybindings for navigating between search result pages * Added navigation to more tabs: shopping, books, flights, and financial. New in 0.2.5: * Keybindings for navigating to images/videos/maps/news tabs * Works in encrypted.google.com Simple open source extension that adds keyboard shortcuts to Google search™. Google search™ used to provide experimental keyboard navigation, but it was often broken (https://goo.gl/1zMkYu), and seems to have been removed as of 2017-07-31 (https://stackoverflow.com/a/45513198/1014208). In addition, I wanted to add new keyboard shortcuts and the existing ones to be more vim like (j/k for navigation). ## Keybindings * `↓`/`j`: Select next search result * `↑`/`k`: Select previous previous result * `/`/`Escape`: Focus on input search box * `Enter`/`Space`: Navigate to selected result * `Ctrl+Enter`/`⌘+Enter`/`Ctrl+Space`: Open selected result in background tab * `Ctrl+Shift+Enter`/`⌘+Shift+Enter`/`Ctrl+Shift+Space`: Open selected result in new window/tab * `←`/`h`: Navigate to previous search result page * `→`/`l`: Navigate to next search result page * `a`/`s`: Navigate to All tab (= default search tab) * `i`: Navigate to images tab * `v`: Navigate to videos tab * `m`: Navigate to maps tab * `n`: Navigate to news tab * `alt+s`: Navigate to shopping tab * `b`: Navigate to books tab * `alt+l`: Navigate to flights tab * `f`: Navigate to financial tab * `Ctrl+Shift+h`: Filter results by past hour * `Ctrl+Shift+d`: Filter results by past 24 hours (day) * `Ctrl+Shift+w`: Filter results by past week * `Ctrl+Shift+m`: Filter results by past month * `Ctrl+Shift+y`: Filter results by past year * `Ctrl+Shift+a`: Turn off filter (show all results) * `Ctrl+Shift+s`: Toggle sort by date/relevance (only when filtering) ©2018 Google LLC All rights reserved. Google™ search is a trademark of Google LLC.
- (2019-10-09) Рустем Мазитов: awesome, just awesome
- (2019-09-20) o x: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!! OMG!!! YOU HAVE SAVED ME !!!!
- (2019-09-19) Arsen: Awesome extension! Thx
- (2019-06-11) Igor Petrovic: thank you for this! :)
- (2019-05-17) Stefane Guevremont: Self Proclaimed Chrome Extension addict, this one is in my top 3 most used! Cheers!
- (2019-05-10) Vladimir Mikulic: This plugin is awesome, hands down to the developer.
- (2019-04-20) Neli Harbuzava: Very good. I came with the idea to create such extension for myself... But you did it before me. And it is great!
- (2019-02-02) Zeeshan Qureshi: Lots of Love... <3
- (2019-01-11) Jerzy Potocki: I love it, was missing it a lot after Google has removed this functionality, thank you for making it!
- (2018-12-01) Bernardo Sulzbach: So far, this has been amazing. Thank you very much.
- (2018-11-04) Mathias Böhme: fantastic. While Google for some daft reason decided to remove keyboard functionality form search results, this re-instates it. Why is this so hard to grasp? Keyboard = efficient, mouse = inefficient..!
- (2018-10-30) Up Down: Wonderful
- (2018-10-23) 张源: awesome!
- (2018-10-22) Nikola Dim: "Great stuff! Should be in Google by default." - it really should be, there is no reason not to.
- (2018-10-18) Henrik Bakken: Er glad i hurtigtaster, så denne her liker jeg godt, og den sparer meg mye tid!
- (2018-10-17) Garett Dunn: Works great!
- (2018-10-12) Timur Yigit: Can not live without this anymore
- (2018-05-03) Christopher Clark: Great app, but it suddenly started requiring permission to read by browser history. Its extremely sketchy and invasive for a navigator app to suddenly start reading your entire web searching history. Their isn't even a reason given for the change. (This has been reverted, and I am comforted by the fact the app is open-source, so I have updated the rating)
- (2018-04-30) Chan Kwon: The only one of these extensions that doesn't force browsing history permissions. Works splendidly
- (2018-04-27) reznick: why does this extension need permission to read my browsing history?
- (2018-04-15) Taka: Exactly what I was searching for. It really improves my search speed and the overall ease of use of Chrome. All in all, it's awesome.
- (2018-04-14) Przemek Krysztofiak: I have been missing this feature a lot since google broke it and now I got it back. Outstanding work.
- (2018-04-06) There are many like it, but only this one allowed me to map the spacebar to follow a link and also the 'w' and 's' keys to navigate. Every other extension forces compromises, but not this one. Well done.
- (2018-04-01) Edwin Shepherd: Never touch the mouse while googlering
- (2018-03-07) Ethan Brace: Perfect for vim users
- (2019-08-27, v:0.3.2) Kevan Schwitzer: first result as callout not detected
Hey. Nice plugin. It's really a big time saver! I noticed a small issue. For some search results, when there's a callout/snippet associated with the first result, the extension does not detect that link as the first result. So, in this case, the extension doesn't mark it as the first one and additionally it cannot be navigated to. For example, if you type in the search query "microsoft excel strikethrough" you should see what I'm talking about. Thanks again for the great plugin!!
- (2019-06-24, v:0.3.2) Stefane Guevremont: Verbatim Search
Would it be a plausible idea to incorporate a keyboard shortcut key for Verbatim Search?
- (2019-05-17, v:0.3.2) Stefane Guevremont: Add Search Engines
In the options, if you could add search engines to the shortcuts you want to use, it would make this extension that much better. E.g.: Assigning "w" to the wikipedia search page. Another Extension I use, does something similar: "Selection Search".
- (2019-04-13, v:0.3.2) Nicholas Kreidberg: Allow access to other sites?
Hey there - I'd like to allow the plugin to access duckduckgo so that I can use the same shortcuts there. How do I add sites to the allowed list? Thanks!
- (2019-01-11, v:0.3.2) Jerzy Potocki: Clicking up/down while holding Ctrl
It would be useful to be able to click up/down key while holding the Ctrl key as well, when opening new pages in background (with Ctrl, which one has to release now before clicking up/down keys...). Could you please consider it? /It should be easy to make...
- (2018-05-03, v:0.2.9) Christian Schmidt: Opens twice
After searching something and doing a CTRL+RETURN on the chosen link, it opens twice. What can I do about it?
- (2018-02-06, v:0.2.5) Enrico Da Lozzo: Further development
Please add a shortcut "f" for google finance (https://finance.google.com/finance) Scrolling down search results is not fluid, as when a result at the bottom of the page is marked, the URL address and the google description basically lay on the page below. Page snapping should be improved. Good job anyway!
- (2017-12-21, v:0.2.5) Jonathan Duncan: back to search box
Is there a way to quickly get the focus back to the search box for quick alterations? I Think this would be perfect if i could do that... maybe i'm missing something obvious. Thanks so much for making this fantastic extension, this really makes searching 10X faster for me!
- (2017-12-05, v:0.2.5) Thurman Ye: Navigator doesn't start at first link with new "Best Answer" feature (e.g., for StackOverflow results)
- (2017-12-05, v:0.2.5) Letha Oppman: keyboard commands
Hello, Where can I find a list of keyboard commands to use with the Google Search Navigator Extension? Thanks Letha