Go back with your middle mouse button.
Default actions stay as usual. You can still "open the link in new tab" or "close tab" with middle-click. (and in linux, you can still paste with middle-click.) But now: * Click middle mouse button on an empty space on a web page to go back. * Middle-click closes the current tab if no page to go back. (Optional) ---- Tested on WINDOWS and LINUX. ---- For Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5938 ---- RELEASE NOTES 1.8 Works on "tabless windows", too. 1.7 Optional "middle-click closes the current tab if no page to go back" behavior looks like working :) 184.108.40.206 bugfix 1.6.3 onclick change to mouseup to overcome http://www.crbug.com/56124 1.6.2 Optional "Middle-click closes the current tab if no page to go back" feature does not close the browser anymore. 1.6.1 Options added to enable/disable "Middle-click closes the current tab if no page to go back." 1.6 Middle-click closes the current tab if no page to go back. 1.5 Works on Windows, too. 1.4 more responsive more stable 1.3.1 added: "all_frames": true, to manifest added: icons
- (2019-03-27) ВАСЯ пупкин: До сих пор работает! Спасибо!
- (2018-07-28) Cam Young: Get this extension because Google Chrome has an idiot working for them.
- (2018-04-28) Subham Jha: a must have extention for all users.
- (2018-04-06) mark day: Doesn't work
- (2015-10-29) Nikola Toshev: Works great! Can we get double-click the middle button to close the tab? I bet 95%+ of mouse gestures are back and close.
- (2015-08-19) Donnie Darko: This used to be default in previous Chrome versions, along with opening in a new tab by Middle Clicking on a link but they seem to have deleted this highly useful feature now. The only way to get this back is to use extensions, therefore, increasing the memory usage of Chrome - ridiculous! Thanks for creating this so I can be more productive!
- (2015-08-13) Benjy Dale: I've used it for years on Firefox, and the same add-on also works a treat here in Chrome :-) This is essential to me, as I used to have an old Logitech mouse that would bind the middle button to 'back' command, but the more recent mice do have that binding.
- (2013-08-26) Kaan Dogan: I love it. If you use Babylon Dictionary with middle click, you should install it !
- (2013-08-13) 朱熹: Simple and practical, increase efficiency, increase the operating speed is absolutely excellent work!
- (2013-07-29) Jose Mtz: Exactly what I needed! Thank you so much for this!
- (2013-05-27) Ulf Lundholm: Works just fine. Really love this feature because I do not have a good mouse :) * Win7, Comodo Dragon (Version 220.127.116.11)
- (2012-12-09) Tom Muenze: Works fine on Win7 + Ubuntu 12.10