Remove annoying elements with a single click
Allows you to remove any element from a website. Temporarily or permanently. Be it an advertisment missed by your ad-blocker, fixed menu, distracting GIF image, overly animated slideshow or anything getting in your way. 💨 Features: - easily remove multiple elements in a row (no need for a cumbersome context menu) - highlights elements under the cursor - customizable keyboard shortcut for activation - remember removed elements for a particular website or hide only temporarily - works flawlessly with iframes, embeds and ads - minimal memory and performance footprint - power user feature - customize CSS selectors
- (2020-11-25) Brett Mathewson: This works! And it works well. Period.
- (2020-11-18) AldoTN: simple to use, resembles perfectly the ABP block element option
- (2020-11-16) Kureiji: I was getting so sick of all the clutter on some of these websites I usually use, but now I can just clean it up within seconds. This extension is brilliant.
- (2020-11-03) Jonathan Ward: its perfect
- (2020-10-31) Electric Spider: YAS Finally!!! an element remover that actually works every time and without having to rehide everytime i visit the site. Worthy of a Ternion award
- (2020-10-28) Захар Ревин: Отлично грохает элементы, которые не должна видеть жена.. - не забывайте поставить галочку в Remember by default - YES
- (2020-10-27) Javier Martín Torres: This extension is a must. Really useful.
- (2020-10-21) Sergiu: It's super userful! Thanks a lot.
- (2020-10-20) Zack: The problem with this extension is where I was using it on FOX NEWS, it doesn't remove the item permanently. I see the question, "Remove permanently?" and the answer is given NO. I want yes, remove from now on.
- (2020-10-17) VN Teaser: This is one of the good extensions.
- (2020-09-30) Laura Jones: It refuses to erase elements permanently in Opera, even when I check "remember". Please either fix it or make it available in the Opera extension site.
- (2020-09-25) Mohammad Ghorbani: Thanks, it help to more focus on things.
- (2020-09-24) Acid: Terrific extension. Saves removed elements, works excellent on any website. Thank you for the work and effort you put into this.
- (2020-09-23) Aaron Schwartz-Messing: Love it. I used this on many webpages to get rid of clutter. My favorite: I used it to delete every element recommending a video on youtube. Now when I go to Youtube the only videos that I see are the ones that I search for. No more getting sucked into 5hr youtube binges when I'm trying to get work done!
- (2020-09-09) Faisal Flash: My favorite extension, thanks to developer for creating this it really helps me to stay focus and avoid annoying elements on websites that i was forces to use or keep seeing. and the best part about it,.. when you remove an element it stays removed forever even when you reload the page.
- (2020-09-01) Jack Steam: Excellent interface, better than uBlock's "Block element..." option. Really fast to use.
- (2020-08-25) Gabriel Vieira: Muito bom pra ler artigos que tem conteúdo promocional bem no meio.
- (2020-08-11) Marcos Piérola: A life saver. This extension has significantly improved my quality of life. I'm now able to easily remove a lot of the distracting clutter crammed into most websites. Thank you so much for making this.
- (2020-07-28) mani man: عالیه مرسی ممنون
- (2020-07-26) Evgeny L: In update requires to "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" in addition to initial also suspicious "Read your browsing history". It's just deletes part of DOM, why do you need data and history. Sadly there is no control from Google or it just buys our data from such spies
- (2020-07-21) mirsella: 5/5 if it would be open source, since we can't know, i'm gonna say it's probably a data harvesting extension.
- (2020-07-08) Roman Venica: No anda.
- (2020-07-02) 蓝应健: 找了1个小时，终于找到你，用在工作上的一个后台系统，屏幕不够大，某个没用处的div又很占位置，屏蔽完整个页面干净多了，谢谢你，功能好评！
- (2020-06-29) Cem B. Işık: There should be an import/export option for removed elements. Except that, everything is perfect.
- (2020-06-28) Clinton Chapman: Awesome! I was just about to start writing this tool and you've already done it! Easy to use, wish the Hotkey were customizable. A must have in your toolbox to stop annoying elements on web pages.
- (2020-07-20, v:2.0.6) Mauro Rattazzi: The extension no more work
The extension don't appear into de cascading menu when I click on a whatever web page, since the last release. Is there any way to fix it? The extension always worked fine before.
- (2020-07-18, v:2.0.6) Clayton Alvarez: Option to toggle hide or show again
Instead of only remove element, could have an option to toggle hide or show again, in per site basis.
- (2020-07-17, v:2.0.6) Luke Hamburg: View list of permanently blocked elements?
Hi Matus, (Thanks for your amazing work) The other day I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why certain portions of a site were not displaying in Chrome. I finally realized I must have accidentally deleted them in "permanent" mode. Is there any way to view a global list of all permanently removed elements so I can clear the list if needed?
- (2020-07-13, v:2.0.6) Simon Ghoul: It seems like you can't delete elements with classes that contain spaces.
Facebook profiles have a section that looks like the following: "#timeline_tab_content .clearfix _ikh _3-8y ._4bl7 _3-91". This tag contains a space and doesn't work. When I try to edit an element detected by the extension and change it to that, it doesn't work. The alternative to this is "#u_0_13 .\_5ss8" but the id number always changes.
- (2020-06-05, v:2.0.6) Patrick Kent: Extension cannot be interacted with in any way
I used it to hide one element, and then tried to close the extension, and clicking X does nothing. Also "remember" doesn't work either, nor does edit. Indeed, no action within the panel is active. So I have to reload the page, and the element I hid (autoplay video) is back. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same issue occurs. I'll come back in a little while and try it again, hopefully it's something temporary, because I really like the extension. Installed version, if it helps: Version 83.0.4103.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-05-02, v:2.0.5) Thurston IsOnlyANickName: "Click to remove element" dialog box fixed location
The "Click to remove element" dialog box appears to be fixed to the lower right corner of a browser window. As the the most likely location of an annoying screen element is the lower right portion of the the screen, this fixed location is inconvenient and in some cases unusable. I suggest that you make the "Click to remove element" dialog box drag-able within the browser window.
- (2020-04-14, v:2.0.4) Rowan Cavanagh: Toggle shortcut off
Cmd + Shift + X is the shortcut to apply strikethrough in Google Docs. But this extension overrides that. Not that I use that shortcut much, I'd love the ability to turn it off in here.
- (2020-03-27, v:2.0.4) Tim Bluhm: hotkey broken
Ctrl + Shift + 'X' pins tabs in chrome for me instead of opening the extension. I wonder if there is a conflict with a chrome update? Please fix! Thanks!
- (2020-03-20, v:2.0.4) William Furr: Doesn't seem to work anymore, No current window, cannot read property 'id'
Doesn't work anymore. Clicking or ctrl-shift-x does nothing. When I switch tabs, I see these errors show up in the background page console for the extension: http://google3/third_party/sketchology/engine/public/sengine.h
- (2020-03-17, v:2.0.4) Gekke Floepsie: please make permanent option multi select
Would be great if you make the checkboxes multi select ;) example: TAB is next checkbox en space = select. Regards
- (2019-12-21, v:2.0.4) j t: Partial ID Matching
"#z1256495194-ps > div > a > img" So the "z1256495194" part is the random. How do I do partial id matching??
- (2019-11-16, v:2.0.4) Dalibor Pospíšil: make it work on touchscreen without permanent keyboard
Make the popup dialog interactive by clicking on it, not just via keyboard. On an android device click on the element does not cause it to be removed but it just selects it. There's no way to remove it or go up/down in the hierarchy. Making the hiararchy clickable and adding a button for actually removing the element would solve the issue.
- (2019-10-16, v:2.0.4) Roger Levy: Remove the popup
I find it ironic that an extension for removing elements brings up a big corner popup every time you turn it on. It covers any fixed elements you might want to remove. At least, could it be made to remember that you want it minimized when you turn it on?
- (2019-08-25, v:2.0.4) Ryz 78: enable backup setting
please enable backup & restore feature
- (2019-07-25, v:2.0.4) Ibrahim Patel: Inquiry
Have you developed or are aware of similar tools to remove elements/objects from Android applications? Thanks!
- (2019-07-24, v:2.0.4) W.F. Heldmyer: Select All and Money...
When selecting a number of items to be removed, it can be tedious to click each "remember" button. A "check/uncheck all" would be very nice. Also! Where can I contribute to the cause? Your work is high-quality, functional, intuitive and has happy results! You should have some dough, says I!
- (2019-07-16, v:2.0.4) Keith D.: How to fix one issue I have with the extension
A suggestion on how to fix one of the two issues I sometimes have with the extension. The little modal overlay window, despite being moved to the bottom right corner and now having a minimize option, even though the minimized version pretty tiny now, is that it still sometimes interferes with me being able to remove the desired element from the page. If possible, can you make the modal move out of the way of the mouse when it's in select mode? Or have the location user-configurable, or have the modal dragable so I can move it if it's ever in my way? Making it so it can be moved would clear up one of the two annoying gripes that I still sometimes encounter with it. Otherwise it's quite brilliant!
- (2019-05-08, v:2.0.2) Boyd: Default Remember
I really like the extension and I am using it on just about every page I visit. But I noticed that after I remove an element I have go down to the box in the corner and click "remember" for each element. Is there anyway to have that as the default, meaning it is always checked to remember? I could just uncheck stuff I don't want too. That would be much more helpful. Also, yes, would be nice to see a list of blocked elements so you can remove one you put on by mistake.
- (2019-04-22, v:2.0.2) Alex B: Clicking to remove just opens ads
When I click an ad with the extension on, the ad simply opens. Perhaps implement an option to delete the element with a key as well as clicking?
- (2019-03-05, v:2.0.2) Ahmad Younis: Please return the undo function!!
Undo function in the new version stopped working clicking CMD + Z / CTRL + Z is no longer working, if I delete elements by mistake I have no way to get them back but to reload the whole page which is really not effective, please fix!
- (2019-02-19, v:2.0.2) Adrian Thomas-Prestemon: Needs a way to manually specify/modify a CSS string to block
Often, generated elements (with pop up vides and other annoying cruft) have randomly-generated CSS classes, or have a normal class with randomly-generated strings appended, making this extension useless for blocking that particular element between page loads.