Bookmark a link by right-clicking on it
Bookmark a link by right-clicking on it. Bookmarks are stored in a folder called "Right Click Bookmarks" into your bookmarks main folder.
- (2021-09-22) G Bonnets: I like this extension, it does what it says it does... I wish I could create a keyboard shortcut instead of having to right click
- (2020-02-26) D B: I gave many stars, because of the lack of competition. I would prefer to save links on a page via context menu to desktop or other folder as a .url file, but no extensions seem to exist on chrome web store to do that. On Firefox, since the web-extinction event, there is one called "lcwmcfpon" that does everything I want, (best replacement for deskcut that stopped working post FF56). With deprecation of any feature that is used by only a small percentage of population, aren't the browsers that used to be customizable creating a conformist behavior pressure that amounts to fitting the humans to the machine, rather than being responsive to the human factor, know for its ability to act individually and explore new frontiers, even with its interface ergonomics expectations. (chrome may not have been as much flexible as FF, but still is doing this, on the smaller flexibility it had, it is a policy, in chromium I think, some arbitrary usage metric threshold, and something crippling a feature and then seeing its usage go down...surely not the intent) This extension here is my current best band-aid. needs to use page title option or by default though, and shorter three letter folder title to fit on bookmark bar, or allow the option to change (otherwise chrome override on bg.js can help). To the author, please keep it up. My previous paragraphs are some steam I needed to vent. But you may see a niche there. I hope.
- (2017-12-10) I am Dew: Just like any other commenters, this extension works fine. And it could be awesome if after we right-click, and click Add to Bookmark goes straight to Chrome's own Add to Bookmark dialog.
- (2017-10-24) Mr. Lance E Sloan (UMich): I've tried two other link bookmarkers. This one is slightly better than the others. At least this one has the features: * Prompt for bookmark title by default, also using the link text as the default value for the title. * After installation, it prompts for the name of a folder to which it will save its bookmarks. However, there are problems with the folder selection: * The folder cannot be changed at a later time. * If the folder gets deleted, the extension stops working. (Renaming the folder is not a problem, though.)
- (2017-02-07) Gaurav Kadyan: The pop-up after clicking Add Bookmark can be avoided by adding an option to show or not show the popup. Otherwise everything I was looking for.
- (2016-11-14) Peter Engbjerg Løth: it is really great, only thing that might make it better, is if it checked if the folder existed, before adding a new folder(since i have multiple computers, with the same bookmarks) so mine will save the bookmarks in the folder i specified first time(i assume since it is on top, and has the same name as the folder it is trying to make, when first installing) other than that, really neat simple extension, look forward to seeing how it evolves(if it does)
- (2016-05-15) P GS: great exactly as described
- (2016-04-24) Alfredo Croci: I agree with the others. Pretty much useless.
- (2016-04-16) Hoshi Risu: Works but I wanted to add it to an existing folder. But sorting them is no problem so 5 stars
- (2016-02-16) Никита Ясень: Незаменимая вещь !!! Единственный минус: не хватает возможности делать закладки в разные папки, а не в одну лишь "Right Click Bookmarks"...
- (2016-01-27) Hel Lo: No longer seems to do anything
- (2015-07-17) Harsha Vardhan: Good. Does what it advertises. However, could have an option of adding bookmark without confirmation for name. Just click and done!
- (2015-07-05) ShitTot: what i don't like about it is that it never save the icon aka favicon. and when you try to open the bookmarked page and resave it, it STILL shows doesn't show up, just gives a black bookmark page icon. very frustrating!
- (2015-01-02) ptg my: I'm very love it. Easy to manage my bookmark.
- (2014-06-21) Charles Cotton: Sometimes less is more. As others have written, it would be better if it just sent the title and url under the mouse to the "add bookmark" function and open that up. *Having* to put all the links into a single pre-selected folder and esp not including the title of the URL makes this useless to many users. Firefox does this out of the box. Why is this so difficult? Two stars instead of one because it does actually work.
- (2014-06-07) Another Account: Could be more functional, but given that I haven't found any other extensions that'll let me right-click & bookmark a link, I guess I should just be glad for anything.
- (2013-10-03) Nicholas Kormanik: Please allow option to automatically save with the default name. That will avoid the one extra step necessary. The fewer steps the better.
- (2013-07-13) Stephen Silk: This would actually be useful if it allowed you to choose where to put each bookmark as you saved it, rather than putting them all into one folder and having to sort them later.