Set the format of the date and time for mails in your inbox as you want
Gmail Date Time Formatter You can see the date and time in Inbox the way you want. ### Now you can use this with different locale! (ver. 1.20) ### ### Now you can use this with the new version of Inbox! (ver. 1.12)### This extension support custom format so you can change the date and time as you want. This extension supports custom format. The format follows moment.js format. (https://momentjs.com/docs/) In the option page, you set the format string, for example, YYYY-MM-DD. Then, the date/time column of gmail list is shown in the form.
- (2021-01-24) Constantine Andrienko: Good Job! I use custom format YYYY-MM-DD HH-mm
- (2021-01-07) Dávid Bendes: Totally important setup; I wonder why google itself hasn't implemented it / why it totally ignores locale settings in Windows?! An improvement suggestion: should apply date format for opened mail header as well!
- (2020-12-15) Tim Rosenquist: The great thing about standards is there are so many to choose from! Now I can have the date in gmail in my standard :-)
- (2019-09-12) Jane Mirny: Really upset... DD.MM.YYYY, hh:mm format isn't working at all, any other (even suggested by users) doesn't work either. Could be really good extention but needs fixing. It also uses not UTF-8 coding.
- (2019-06-05) Richard Simpson: Awesome! I use custom format (h:mm A ddd MMM D) which shows: 8:23 PM Sat Aug 25 All the dates line up on the right hand side like Gmail normally displays and I find having the day of the week helpful. The cleaner view for military time without the AM/PM indicator would be (HH:mm ddd MMM D) which shows: 20:23 Sat Aug 25.
- (2019-05-23) Douglas Howey: Thank you so much for this needed addition that should be a default preference for Gmail INBox. This extension is easy to use and it works so well! Thank you! Here is the format I prefer and used with ease: ddd YYYY-MM/DD hh:mm A
- (2019-05-02) Maro 3456: For me it works perfectly (I use a custom format DD.MM.YY HH:mm). I only had to reload the Gmail page after installation. The option to set the pages it works on is also great ("on mail.google.com" in my case). It would be great if it had a mobile app sibling.
- (2019-03-10) Lucian Tudora: Excelent. This option should have been included in gmail interface.
- (2019-02-25) Dainius Mažuika: Perfect, this extension is easily configurable via options menu and shows nicely formatted dates in mail list. It is more easier to use this kind of extensions to cure gmail GUI shortcomings (conversation order, attachments and reply button on bottom..) than using userscripts with tempermonkey. It also seems to be more privacy-safer variant.
- (2019-02-11) Charles New: The app is great but it causes my gmail to not load. I have had to disable it or remove it to get my gmail to load.
- (2018-04-18) Jacob Olesen: Works great and are easy to configure. I use the custom string ddd YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm which shows "Wed 2017-04-18 08:49"
- (2018-03-20) Walter Pratt: "YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss" (according to the page provided by author http://momentjs.com/docs/) results in "Invalid date"! Rubbish! Moreover: the only positive rating is from the very author of this thingie. "Admire yourself, boy!" I wouldn't be that angry, if the author not faked a positive review.
- (2017-12-12) Doyun Kim: Very easy to use!