Open new tabs to the right of the current one.
Open Tabs Next To Current ========================= Open tabs that would normally be opened last next to the current one. Tabs that are being re-opened are thus not included. You can use `Ctrl-Y` (`Ctrl-Shift-Y` on Windows) to open a new tab at the default location. Note for Chrome --------------- Keyboard shortcuts are not automatically set up. You need to do that manually on the extension page in settings. Note for Firefox ---------------- Tabs that are opened by clicking on links are opened at the default location. You can change the setting `browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent` in `about:config` if you want even those to be opened right next to the current. Known Issues ------------ Caused by limitations of the webextension API, see https://github.com/sblask/webextension-open-tabs-next-to-current/issues/26 and https://github.com/sblask/webextension-open-tabs-next-to-current/issues/29: - tabs are visibly moved to their final position - the tab bar is scrolled so the opened tab becomes the first visible one on the left (Firefox only) - when opening multiple tabs at once, only one of them is opened at the right position Feedback -------- You can report bugs or make feature requests on https://github.com/sblask/webextension-open-tabs-next-to-current Patches are welcome.
- (2021-09-28) Marc Castells: This extension, combined with Ctrl+PgUp and PgDwn, saves me a lot of time. My hands don't have to leave the keyboard to go search the mouse and then find which tab was I before opening a new one.
- (2021-08-22) Colin McDonnell: lifechanging. has worked perfectly for years, all the negative reviews are outdated.
- (2021-07-16) Guillermo Siliceo Trueba: Works as expected, saves a lot of clicks and key strokes in managing tabs.
- (2021-05-31) Evgeny Stefanenko: In version Chrome 91.0.4472.77 something was broken
- (2021-05-29) Joe Vanderbilt: This extension stopped working around the time Chrome 91 was released, . It mostly opens the new tab at the far right end but also occasionally seems to open tabs to the left of the active tab as well.
- (2021-05-29) Seve82: Stopped working. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
- (2021-05-29) Alp Kaan Gökçe: It hasn't worked since yesterday. Please fix it.
- (2021-05-29) madafaka766: Not work anymore
- (2021-05-21) Kevin Kuhle: It was good when it was working. Lately it seems lose track of the current tab or something and open in the middle of a bunch of tabs which is worst than the end. I am on Chrome 92.0.4515.0. Maybe it's the tab groups feature messing this up?
- (2021-05-05) Adam Badawy: doesn't work unfortunately. it probably broke cause of an update to chrome. opens tab in rightmost position for me (like the normal new tab shortcut)
- (2021-05-01) BJ Pike: This should be the default behavior I'm using Edge. This extension mostly works, but sometimes inconsistent. When it's not working, I fix it by fiddling about a bit (closing a tab and clicking on another tab or something like that). It's fairly rare; rare enough that it doesn't annoy me. One request: For Edge's vertical tabs, if you have enough tabs for a scroll bar (i.e. more tabs than vertical space), opening a new tab will scroll to the bottom of the list, so sometimes your new tab isn't visible until you scroll back up. If you can, I suggest updating the extension to maintain the vertical position the current tab (except when the new tab would appear offscreen, in which case you'd scroll one tab up or down so that you can see the new tab). For now, I press both Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to get similar behavior. Thanks for the extension.
- (2021-04-12) Владислав Ф: Спасибо
- (2021-01-26) Krzysztof Maliszewski: Doesn't work properly in incognito mode with extensions that open multiple tabs at the same time, i.e. RevEye Reverse Image Search. One tab opens next to the current one, the rest at the end.
- (2021-01-15) Nate Schley: Been using SebBlask's FF add-in for years as one of my must-have extensions. Why did I not know he'd done one for Chrome, too? I just installed it, and it works like a champ!
- (2020-12-19) Landon Ferguson: Came back after having it for two years just to let you know you changed my life ty
- (2020-10-31) sikret persen: I started get used in chrome, but still get annoyed when new tab option cannot be modified like Firefox. And at last after I found that there an Add-on like this, Thanks a lot "Sebastian Blask" and Team
- (2020-09-23) Michael Tran: The keyboard settings on Chrome aren't configurable as the explaination says, so there's no way to configure keyboard shortcuts if you want to be able to open tabs in the old location occasionally)
- (2020-04-15) Justin La: does what it says - great.
- (2020-03-31) Uri Argaman: Works as expected. Thank you!
- (2019-11-29) Thibault Messemacre: Works just fine! Thanks
- (2019-10-18) Tony Philip: Working great on chrome (canary) 79.0.3944.0
- (2019-09-28) D. O. O.: excellent (so far)
- (2019-09-21) Jack Newforn: Excactly what i need! Thx!
- (2019-08-23) Tor Di: I tried a lot of extensions and only it works correctly, as I need. Thank your!
- (2019-08-03) ahdung ai: 非常有用，感谢作者！
- (2019-05-29) Chris Vydas: does not work in kiwi browser, please fix.
- (2019-04-17) Siniša Bratulić: Doesn't work as described - opens the first tab next to the current one, but then every subsequent tab is opened next to the previously opened one.
- (2019-01-29) Piotr Ppp: It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Generally when I had multiple tabs opened and from one of them I was clicking `Open link in New Tab`, it was opening each new tab on the right of the previously opened one. This behavior was still after reloading the page and after resetting Chrome. However when I moved the same page into a new window, each new tab was opened directly next to the currently opened tab.
- (2018-12-23) Jerry Z: great! does the job fine. but when i close the tab can i always go to the left?
- (2018-12-06) Chuck Baggett web: Does not work reliably. Some new tabs are opening at the end, where they can't be seen.
- (2018-08-30) Sirapat Asawanuchit: Great, makes browsing just that little bit more convenient.
- (2018-08-09) oxduckxo: Works as described
- (2018-05-02) Christofer De David: Works perfectly. Does not ask for any security privacy information from the browser. Thank you!!! :D
- (2018-04-25) Samuel Tremblay: I sadly have to drop 2 stars because when you click on the last tab, the one with no text to add new tab, this add a new tab at the left of the current selected. I would use this extension with Ctrl+T to a a new tab a the right of the existing one but when I click a the end of the tabs, I want to add the new tab a the end of the list.
- (2018-03-16) 陈军: 很有用，作者顶呱呱
- (2018-02-26) Robert from Sheetgo: Exactly what I needed. No configuration necessary. Great! Thank you. :-)
- (2018-02-25) YmFzZTY0: Genialt.
- (2018-02-15) Josh Eckerman: Works exactly as described. Just what I needed.
- (2018-02-02) Alex MARTIN: J'attendais cette fonctionnalité depuis tellement longtemps. Merci 😍🤩🤘🏻
- (2018-01-03) Christophe Troeira: Yes it work! Thanks.
- (2017-11-23) Tyler Jordan: Just what I was looking for. I don't know why such a basic feature isn't available in chrome by default.
- (2021-06-02, v:2.0.14) Arpad Orfi: Which tab to activate on close
Would be great to set the desired behavior in settings: Where to open new tab (right to current one is OK for me, may be otherwise for others). What tab to activate on close - for me, it is the tab that is left to the closed one.
- (2021-01-04, v:2.0.13) C Cicero: problem
i use a chrome based browser and the app won't install can you please help thanks
- (2020-12-20, v:2.0.13) Pines Tam: Only first tab next to current if middle click on a folder bookmark.
This extension works only on first tab next to current if middle click on a folder bookmark with more than one link.