Adds a context menu to open a link in a new foreground tab.
This extension adds a context menu that allows you to open a link in a new foreground tab. FOLLOW ME ON +: https://plus.google.com/116805285176805120365/about SOURCE CODE: http://goo.gl/Seob (GitHub) As a feature bonus, when you close a foreground tab, instead of picking a random tab to close, it closes the tab that opened the foreground. This imitates the same functionality of 'Open new tab'. Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + <Click with Mouse on Link> Donations --------------------------- - Many people have asked me for donations, but I rather code for fun and releasing extensions that the users want. Everything I do is OpenSource and I hope the source that I Open Source will intrigue others to Software Development. - I decided to place a PayPal donation link here, so if you would like to donate to support my Open Source development, you can visit the PayPal donations link here http://goo.gl/Mr2vX - With the money I receive I will be donating to many charities.
- (2020-08-01) Nikhil: Does exactly what it says it does.
- (2019-11-05) Chris Vydas: The whole point was to get a context menu entry with the addition of this extension, yet, no context menu entry has been added! It is not there. Menu remains unchanged.
- (2017-02-07) Justin Cram: Hmm ctrl middle mouse button very similar also ctrl left mouse button click does exactly what this does. Justin Cram DyingJedi
- (2013-06-19) David Olsson: Perfect!!! Just what I needed. Quick kb shortcut for new tab and IN FOREGROUND. Thank you!
- (2012-08-24) Emma Hoyle: I was looking for a function to do this, but now I've just noticed that ctrl+shift click opens links in new tabs in the foreground even WITHOUT this extension... sorry!
- (2018-06-19, v:1.0.2) Rich Wales: Still doesn't work in Chrome 67
Still won't successfully install in Chrome 67. Has this extension been abandoned? Are any alternatives available?
- (2018-06-04, v:1.0.2) Rich Wales: Doesn't work in Google Chrome 67
The "Open link in foreground tab" extension works fine in Chrome 66.0.3359.181 -- but it appears to be completely gone in Chrome 67.0.3396.62. Can this extension be reinstated for Chrome 67? Or is there some reason why it won't work anymore?