Open the current URL in an incognito window.
Chrome Extensions — particularly those that block advertising tracking, malware and social widgets — can often impair the functionality of a given webpage, making debugging and testing difficult for web developers. 'Open In Incognito' is a quick way to open the current tab or window in an incognito window, disabling all extensions for which the user hasn't explicitly afforded incognito functionality. Further, opening a page in incognito mode is a session unto itself wherein which you are logged out of your every account, enabling you to quickly browse a site outside of your filter bubble and compare it to the page you see when logged in. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filter_bubble Developers: be sure to visit chrome://extensions/ and uncheck 'Allow in incognito' for all installed chrome extensions to ensure that none are affecting the display of your pages in incognito mode. Extension icon: 'Jason Voorhees' by the phenomenal icons8.com. http://thenounproject.com/term/jason-voorhees/14253/
- (2022-01-04) Michael Cruz: You could just ctrl+shift+n
- (2020-01-16) Sohail Iqbal: Great work! Two most demanded option: 1. Option to set a Hotkey / Enable Context Menu action 2. Option to close original tab after opening new 3. Option to Use same window to open a new tabs
- (2018-07-24) Name Famely: Отлично!, то, что надо!
- (2017-03-05) Ricardo Pietrobon: would be great to have a shortcut
- (2015-03-27) Jack Brouwer: Great extension, but I would love it if Open In Incognito would open the tab in a maximized window instead of a small one when entering the Incognito Mode.
- (2015-01-27) Deepak Kinha: wow
- (2014-11-21) I think it would be great if there was an option to automatically close the tab on the main window while opening it in Incognito. That way, there wouldn't be two of the same.