Open current tab in an incognito window.
Use keyboard shortcut "Alt + O", toolbar button or the context menu option. Simple and light-weight extension, doesn't require any special permission. No Adware or any malicious activity. Enable "Allow in incognito" on Extensions page to use it in incognito mode for reverse functionality.
- (2021-03-17) Ortlif: great.
- (2020-12-18) ali ahmad: just opens the current tab link into an Incognito tab
- (2020-11-23) M Vivek: Simple n clean.. 👍
- (2020-11-22) Mohayudeen Lakhani: It opens in new window. basically it works like a button, if pressed, it opens in new window (not in same tab)
- (2019-10-07) Ravi Lacombe: Very useful and non-intrusive
- (2019-08-26) Nacho: Funciona perfectamente
- (2019-08-12) Phuong Tran: It will better if it have an option allow to close or keep the tab which want to open in incognito mode.
- (2019-06-16) Walt Bilofsky: Simple and useful. But it always opens the incognito window maximized; I wish there were a setting to match the existing window size.
- (2018-09-05) Acer Aspire: С заявленными функциями справляется! Но,открывает ВСЕ окна во весь экран,а хотелось чтоб как исходное окно или чтоб настраивалось в самом расширении!
- (2018-06-11) Moves links to incognito/sandbox mode without requiring unnecessary permissions in chrome. (E.g. some competitors ask to read/modify data within websites, which seems a bit fishy.) Perfect!
- (2018-03-26) Chang Charlie: 这正是我想要的！ This is just what I need!
- (2018-03-01) Tu be: Wow, this extension is really great! It works fantastic without any problems.
- (2018-02-16) つねぽこ: Goo!
- (2017-11-21) Stefan Schulz: A really good extension, thank you!
- (2016-11-30) Judas: I thought it would open in a new tab and not in a new window in anonymous mode. But, I liked. Made easy with just one click.
- (2016-05-29) Nyarlathotep: Название обещало закладку в своей песочнице - на деле открывается окно, что я могу и сам сделать.
- (2016-05-28) Trevor Beck: As a web developer and when sharing Google Apps documents, this is an essential extension. Personally, the reason I've chosen this extension is because it does NOT lose the original window when displaying it in the Incognito window.
- (2016-03-05) Matthew Eng: Incognito This Tab does exactly what it says it will; it makes the current tab into an incognito tab. In that regard, it's perfect. I however, find Incognito this Tab to be lacking in features. I migrated to Incognito This Tab from Incognito This when the dev decided to add a bunch of junk onto his extension to make money. Some features that Incognito This has that Incognito This Tab doesn't have are: 1. Erasing the tab from your history when you switch the tab to incognito - Incognito This Tab does not do this which is probably the most essential part of why most people use incognito mode. Not having this feature really diminishes a lot of the extension's functionality and makes it significantly less useful. 2. Keyword Switching - Incognito This had an option where you could have a tab automatically open in incognito mode if it had a keyword that the user set in the URL. 3. Keyboard Shortcut - Incognito This allowed you to set a keyboard shortcut for switching a tab to incognito mode while Incognito This Tab does not. 4. Automatic Inactivity Close - This feature isn't really that important to me but to some it is. Basically what this did was automatically close any tabs that had been inactive for a user set amount of time. These are just suggestions that I think the dev should add. You should definitely NOT switch over to Incognito This. At least you shouldn't until the Dev for Incognito This removes the adware from his extension. The tradeoff is by no means worth it in any way.
- (2015-12-27) Nikolai Alexander-Himlan: This extension does exactly what it needs to without requiring arbitrary permissions or trying to load in malware/adware like the *other* incognito extension. The only flaw is that there is no option to remove the context menu button.
- (2015-09-02) Danny Idryo: I use this extension a lot. As far as incognito in a new window vs new tab, I think that's a chrome issue - there is no way to have separate user profiles in the same window with a different tab; it's always in a new window. I'm not sure I would even want two separate profiles (user 1 vs user 2, or user 1 public vs private) in the same window. It would be too easy to make a mistake.
- (2015-02-06) gerry mcgregor: opens new window, does not work on 'this tab'
- (2015-01-13) Giovana Lemes: ****ADWARE***DO NOT INSTALL*** Recently I noticed unsolicited popups whenever visiting shopping sites. After a series of elimination rounds, I found that the culprit was this extension. Do NOT install.
- (2014-11-10) Gordon dela cruz: incognito button!
- (2014-11-07) seyi adebanjo: This is add ware. Does what it wants but i have add block for a reason.... (hint. the reason i so i don't have to see advertisements at all)
- (2014-10-17) Jason McCurdy: Original Incognito This! was much better
- (2014-10-10) Joe Shaw: Would be nice if it had a keyboard shortcut in addition to the menu entry. It'd also be nice if pressing the button in incognito mode opened the tab in non-incognito mode.
- (2014-09-15) This app seems to not have the Spyware added. Thank you.
- (2014-08-07) Matthew Du Puy: Does not remove the tab from "recently visited" or "recently closed' histories. This is useless.
- (2014-07-21) Does what it says, and a replacement for "Incognito This!" which unfortunately became malware recently. An option to remove the context menu entry would be nice.
- (2019-03-27, v:0.6) It won't work!! SO ANGRY!!!
I'm so ANGRY!!!!
- (2018-11-30, v:0.6) Parks Fuller: Indigo tab
It wont work
- (2018-09-05, v:0.6) Chrome update, no longer working
Love your extension, I use it all the time. Unfortunately now after the latest Chrome update, the button no longer seems to work. When I click, nothing happens. No errors in Chrome console. Chome Version 69.0.3497.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2017-04-26, v:0.6) Mattari Online: Add to tab context
So congratulations because this plugin, along with Session Buddy, is the reason I finally switched from Firefox to Chrome. ;) I never switched for ages because Firefox had a session manager and private tab plugin, which I couldn't find on Chrome. But seeing as it has it now, I'm hopping ship. Anyways, I'd like to suggest something from that plugin. Could you consider adding a context menu option to the tab's context menu? Ie. Open a tab to facebook, right-click the tab itself, "Incognito This Tab" That would be wonderful because you wouldn't *need* the plugin icon (for those of us who use too many plugins) and it would present another option for users. Thanks for the consideration, reading my suggestion, and for the reason to switch browsers!
- (2017-04-12, v:0.6) Do not download
It makes a different window it is horrible DO NOT DOWNLOAD
- (2016-10-26, v:0.6) Stefan Schulz: Helpful extension
Missing option: close the existing tab at the same time of opening a new (incognito) tab
- (2016-01-24, v:0.4) Connie Cantalice: Incognito
How do I get rid of this? I do not want it on my computer
- (2015-11-27, v:0.4) Hassaan Awan: New tab in same window
It will be great if it opens a new tab in the same window.
- (2015-11-04, v:0.4) Utkarsh Upadhyay: Open source
Is it possible to open source the extension? I am the creator of Key-ncognito and I would like to recommend this extension for some complimentary features which users are requesting. However, I am unsure about doing this since some other common extensions were recently classified as malware/adware. Comparing the source code to the crx would help me ensure that this extension is safe to recommend. Thanks!
- (2015-07-27, v:0.3) SHARON KEELER BROOKS: HOW TO TAKE IT OFF
HOW TO TAKE THIS APP OFF COMPUTURE
- (2015-07-16, v:0.3) Jesse Gilbride: reverse funtionality
It would be great if you could also turn an incognito tab into a regular one. I imagine it could be relatively simple if the extension grabs the url and copies it into a new tab. The extension would need to be allowed to run in incognito mode, of course.
- (2015-07-01, v:0.3) Devansh Trivedi: Normalize it otherwise
Works great until i wanted to install your other extensions and found that i was in incognito. So can't install it without the labor of copying the url again to a normal window. I've ticked the "Allow in incognito" but it just doesn't work vice versa I suggest u rename it to "Switch incognito". Thanks for such an awesome extension