Open JIRA issues external links in a new tab or window.
Open Confluence (JIRA) external links in a new tab or window. This extension will modify JIRA links to open links in a new tab. More details about the problem and why Confluence does not want to fix this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-11194
- (2020-07-06) Asfand Qazi: Won't work with links in Jira ticket descriptions. I have a Google Drive link in there which continues to open in the same tab.
- (2019-05-23) Christina Hiller: Just tried it out. Not working for me. More complicated than just installing the chrome extension?
- (2019-03-12) It doesn't work
- (2017-11-16) Lacy Garrison: Works for me
- (2017-11-01) Borre Mosch: Does not work
- (2017-10-26) Pieter J. Smits: Does not work (anymore)
- (2018-03-21, v:1) Felipe de Mello: Ignore mailto links
Ignore mailto links as they don't need to open a new tab.
- (2017-02-02, v:1) Joseph Strong: Not working on https://agile-jira.[myserver].com/browse/[ticket]
Clicked a Google Docs link (under Issue Links), and it opened in the same tab.
- (2016-04-21, v:1) Brian Rafferty: Doesn't work
I installed the extension and refreshed my JIRA page. When I clicked on the link (which is in the Description field, if that makes a difference) the site referenced by the link opened in the same tab.