Local network printing administered through the G Suite console.
Reliable local network printing for Chromebook admins. Designed for G Suite admins (formerly Google Apps for Education/Work) this extension provides fuss-free local network printing. End users just select local network printers from the Chrome print dialogue as if they were Cloud printers. ** FOR EVEN MORE FEATURES & CONTROL ** please check out our advanced printer management solution for G Suite https://directprint.io, click 'Website' on your right Ideal for schools, colleges and enterprise as no additional end-user instructions are required. Simple to use. ** New features: ** Secure print release - PIN entry to release print jobs. ** Print analytics: Printers, users and cost dashboard. ** Multi-copy, multi-job spooling, automatic print retries. ** Location filtering - useful for retail: specify hundreds of printers in one configuration file (single OU model) but allow the client to filter their printer list to their location. ** IMPORTANT INFO FOR G SUITE ADMINS: CONFIGURATION GUIDE ** Details here: http://bit.ly/2cXc6sd Please note this version needs the G Suite Admin account to work, if you are not a G Suite Admin please check out the other versions of this extension in the 'related' tab. Do not install this extension from the store - 'force install' the extension through the G Suite admin UI. Advantages vs the free IPP/CUPS extension: 1) No complex setup instructions for end-users. 2) Admins control which printers apply to Organizational units - add or remove local printers at will 3) Zero end-user config prevents users from accidentally changing connection settings 4) All printers automatically appear in the Chrome printer list, no need to select the printer from the extension configuration page (the free version does not put all printers into the printer list). 5) More printer settings: colour/mono, duplex 6) Simple dashboard on who's printing, popular printers and cost estimation - can you save money? 7) Print spooling and job retry - useful in busy classrooms/offices 8) Single config file, location filtered list on the client 9) PIN release (secure) printing option Please note that unfortunately this extension does not currently work for Public/Kiosk sessions. Please see directprint.io client for public session support. ------- Additional info ------- This Chromebook extension allows you to print directly to a local CUPS print server or IPP+PDF/PWG/Unirast(Airprint)/Postscipt3 compatible printer from Chromebooks. IPP/CUPS printing does not rely on Google Cloud Print to process your documents. Your documents are sent directly from the Chrome browser or Chromebook to the printer or CUPS. Please see www.cups.org for more info on CUPS print system. Please see the free IPP/CUPS extension for printer compatibility details and printer testing. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ipp-cups-printing-for-chr/lkhfeoafdgbaecajkdbioenncjopbpmk This is a full featured trial version for 14 days. Once you have tested it please contact [email protected] to obtain a site license key. Pricing (annual recurring) ========================== 1-100 users: $250 / Eur 250 / £200 (minimum order block license) 101+ users: $2.50 / Eur 2.50 / £2.00 per additional user 500+ users significant volume discounts apply. Education sector discounts always available. Contact [email protected] for a quote or buy online http://bit.ly/2cXc6sd CUPS and the CUPS logo & Airprint are trademarks of Apple Inc. This extension is not affiliated with Google or any printer manufacturer.
- (2019-12-27) Ray Monk: Does not work. Waste of time.
- (2019-07-31) keiana davis: Will not work and keeps sending me to pay for use website.
- (2017-11-18) Vladimir Fedosov: doesn't work
- (2017-05-19) Sara Fitzpatrick: Will not work
- (2017-04-16) HENDRIK MODTLER: funktioniert nicht mit MX 925
- (2017-01-17) Griffin Brown: If your printer is compatible, this is an amazing extension. It made me an instant hero at work - the IT admin of a Chromebook organization. Please don't rate this 1-Star if you don't know what you're doing. It makes it hard for capable admins to find amazing extensions like this.
- (2016-09-19) David Heath: This is so easy to use and works extremely well. We were able to roll out default printers as well as secondary printers in a matter of minutes to all our users. Highly recommended way to easily manage your company's printers.
- (2019-08-26, v:1.0.33) Darby White: installing printer
I am being asked for a quick code...where do I get this
- (2019-05-18, v:1.0.33) Hans Steelink: Canon 5450 app kiest de verkeerde papierlade
Bij het afdrukken kiest de app de bovenste papierlade. Dit is de lade voor foto' s. De onderste lade is de papierlade. Ik kan deze niet wijzigen.
- (2019-04-23, v:1.0.33) flora hayes: Printer want connect
I have a Canon computer that will not connect to this lap top computer
- (2019-02-01, v:1.0.33) David Wormley: Canon MX920 Series
WIFI is not reading, or receiving Printer
- (2019-02-01, v:1.0.33) David Wormley: Canon MX920 Series Printer
My WIFI is not reading the printer.
- (2018-12-30, v:1.0.33) printer not compatable
I have a Brothers HL2280DW. It show that the ptinter is not compatable.
- (2018-10-01, v:1.0.32) Colin Weston: Compatibility
Is this compatible with the Epson ET-2600?
- (2018-08-29, v:1.0.32) problem
i installed but it won't print
- (2018-08-25, v:1.0.32) Jennie Miller: Printer
My printer will not print.
- (2018-07-31, v:1.0.32) Driven Success: Printing Black and white
I can not print in black and white. Even when updating colour options in the printer preferences through my control panel, and choosing "Black and white" in the options right before hitting print. All pages come out in colour.