Copy the text of a link and its hyperlink as one.
Link With Context lets you provide some context for the links you share. This is done in 1 of 2 ways: PLEASE NOTE: After initially installing Link With Context, it will not work on any currently open tabs until they are refreshed. Copying a link outright: Using Link With Context when you copy a link, what is actually copied is text in the form ' "text of link" - <link> '. Ultra useful for sharing reddit links that only make sense if the title is included as well! (and the inspiration for this extensions). Highlighting text: Using Links With Context on highlighted text, what is actually coped is text in the form ' "highlighted text" - <url of current website> '. This will work with any text - you could highlight the whole page and still get a working Link With Context. There is however a limit to how much text can be copied at a time, and therefore only the first 7500 characters of the highlighted/link text will be included.
- (2019-10-21) Lewy B: Works, but the format is not very useful. It would be better if I could define my own format
- (2014-06-17) Jerry Reptak: The perfect companion to sharing reddit links.
- (2014-06-17) Stefan Mancevski: Take all my money pls.
- (2013-12-16) Artem Titoulenko: Probably the most amazing extension I've ever had the pleasure of installing. It does everything it promises and is as easy to use as it gets. It's improved chats with my friends exponentially. GET IT
- (2017-09-09, v:0.1.1) Burr Huntington: Symbols breaks link
In my Web-mail: GoDaddy webmail, your link is created/sent with symbols before and after... < >; My recipient receives a broken link because of the trailing (not leading) symbols: >; Witness: <https://www.wired.com/story/how-to-protect-yourself-from-that-massive-equifax-breach/>;
- (2014-03-25, v:0.1.1) Stan Muir: Copy and paste with links in vBulletin does NOT work
I am a mod on a Forum and when I copy and paste text with underlying links, it does not do it as advertised. All I get in text in the new post.
- (2014-03-01, v:0.1.1) Dave Lynch: Different attribution type possible?
Hi - love this extension. It's almost the best one out there for what it does. Is it possible to alter it so that the material copied and pasted creates a live link when posting it into a WordPress post? And that the hyperlink looks different to the text? Thanks Dave