Stops video autoplay gracefully.
- (2020-08-06) Alejandro Arenas Grollmus: Funciona!!!
- (2020-08-01) Weilan: Works fine when I open videos in the background, unfortunately when I open them directly, they still auto play.
- (2020-07-31) Дракоша Пестренький: Все работает.
- (2020-07-22) Dashiell Sebright: Completely useless
- (2020-07-19) Lucian Andries: Awesome stuff!!! 👍 I needed this for AiDS so hidden, you don't even know from which Tab they are playing....... 😠 Hope it supports all kinds of web players.
- (2020-07-18) TheOutThereChannel: Now causes a PLAYBACK ID error and wont skip passed it on youtube.. you have to disable it to play videos now unless you go into private browsing. for video. as of 20 of March 2020... 1.7.7 fixed it for Brave.. however cme July 18.. its now not working again GOOGLE have change something again.
- (2020-07-12) Gazza Bevan: Finally, an app that actually does what it's title suggests. For months ive be plagued by certain websites insisting they auto play their video clips. Mainly news sites. I've tried dozens of ways to stop them but it seems Chrome would prefer them to auto play. Well done the developer on this simple but very effective way of stopping these clips. 5 Stars all the way :-)
- (2020-07-12) Seychellian: It doesnt work in July 2020
- (2020-07-10) duxik cz: Funguje jak má
- (2020-07-09) Smnth Sur: nice
- (2020-06-29) Dwightlin: it Works pretty great I thought it was broken at first but when i realized how it works it makes everything clear
- (2020-04-13) Jirka: Doporučení na AutoplayStopper jsem našel na @365tipů (via @Feedio). Ta všechna automatická spouštění reklam a videí byly na palici. Teď je klid. Bezpečnostní rizika podle např. eset online scanneru snad OK.
- (2020-04-11) Kyle Hofmeister: The only one I found that works on the Vivaldi Browser. Thanks You!
- (2020-04-09) Julian Thrussell: At last - something that works to kill news site autoplay. Well done :-)
- (2020-04-09) Louis Chan: Does what it says it will do! Simple and easy! Thanks!
- (2020-04-09) Brian Foglia: Installed it. YouTube immediately played an unauthorized video via Autoplay. This extension failed completely at the only task it's supposed to do.
- (2020-04-07) TIATA DHALN: I've tested several extensions to stop autoplay, and this is the best. A useful set of options yet easy to use UI design and not to forget the quick support from the developer. Thank you!
- (2020-04-02) bertott: He probado muchas extensiones y la única que funciona es ésta.
- (2020-04-01) Sergey Andreev: Best.
- (2020-04-01) adam 1709: Super, ale nagle zaczęły wyskakiwać za każdym razem, w każdym filmie, który chcę odtworzyć na youtube błędy EDIT: wersja 1.7.5 rozwiązuje problemy.
- (2020-03-29) Eric Parola: Came here because I was having issues with YouTube playback and found what I was looking for. I'll be patiently waiting for the new update to hopefully resolve the playback errors. This extension has been fantastic, thanks!
- (2020-03-26) Spanner_Man: This now breaks YouTube.
- (2020-03-25) Mantis Toboggan: Great extension, but YouTube don't work no more ;(
- (2020-03-24) Strife J: Worked well until yesterday. Same as below. Please fix so we can continue using. Thanks!
- (2020-03-24) Alfredo Jones: I've been using this extension for years and have loved it, however recently a bug has popped up where having it on would cause every video I click on the display and error message. Only by turning this extension off would I be able to play the video at all. I hope the creators of this extension can fix this problem soon.
- (2020-08-07, v:1.7.7) Felix F: APS messes up facebook video calls
This addon prevents facebook video calls from working. I like everything about it besides that... but I can't use it because i regularly make facebook calls.
- (2020-08-06, v:1.7.7) Robert Hentzel: Definition of Autoplay
- (2020-08-05, v:1.7.7) Lucian Andries: Hit and Miss...
Hello. Can you make it a little stronger? More strict? I set it to stop all videos, YouTube videos as well, but sometimes they still play... Sometimes they play for 2-3 seconds then stop, or just don't stop at all. Especially if you reload the YT page, it starts playing... Thank you.
- (2020-08-02, v:1.7.7) Michael: Website is throwing AutoplayStopper into an endless loop
Articles on this site are causing my CPU to spike and even managed to crash Chrome: https://remezcla.com/film/here-are-your-2020-latinx-latinos-emmy-nominees/
- (2020-07-18, v:1.7.7) TheOutThereChannel: July 18th 2020 .. seems not to be stopping all videos again.. in Brave
Google have changed something and now Skip is appearing or the stop is not working most of the time again.
- (2020-07-04, v:1.7.7) Sébastien Gross: Does not work correctly with Vivaldi on Youtube
Almost all sites are blocked but youtube still autoplays videos on youtube. However if the youtube video page is reloaded, now the video is blocked. Step to reproduce: * Configure block autoplay and block flash detection for all sites * open one video in youtube (it will be played) * reload this page, now the video is blocked as expected. Version: 1.7.7 MacOS 10.15.4 Vivaldi: 3.1.1929.45 Let me know if you need further details.
- (2020-06-07, v:1.7.6) Lucas Martins: Issue when clicking YouTube timestamps
Whenever I click a timestamp on a YouTube video's description or comment section, the player reloads the video that was previously played on the tab. To help illustrate the issue: Suppose I'm watching video A. Then I click video B on the related videos section and start watching it. I click on a timestamp for 1:30. The player will reload video A and start playing it from 1:30, while still on video B's page. This behavior doesn't happen when the extension is turned off. It also won't happen if I open the next video on a new tab.
- (2020-05-28, v:1.7.6) scott stensland: video plays for a split second upon landing on a page
addon fails to block auto play when landing on a page like youtube the video immediately starts to play for a split second then stops playing ... please fix this bug
- (2020-05-26, v:1.7.6) Kutuska Ablerahim: It does not catch autoplay on pcgamer site.
I just found out, it allows autoplay on this link/site: https://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-cliches-we-dont-hate/ Can you fix it? I think it uses another code to play the video.... Thanks!
- (2020-05-20, v:1.7.6) Nathan: Interferes with Google Hangouts
When using your extension, I'm unable to hear others audio when using Google Hangouts. Is there anyway this can be fixed or perhaps included in the extension description in the store?
- (2020-05-18, v:1.7.6) Fritz Allhoff: ESPN?
Hello, This isn't blocking auto-play on ESPN, can you think of why, or how I should change the settings? Thanks, Fritz
- (2020-04-01, v:1.7.5) TIATA DHALN: New YouTube Issue with Version 1.7.5
Though it stops the autoplay on YouTube, it's not like it used to be. All the player controls are still accessible, and most importantly, video is loading continuously. I also tried with that Ad Block filter you gave to no avail. It's the same as without the ad blocker. I hope you look into this as soon as possible. Thank you.
- (2020-03-26, v:1.7.4) Elizabeth Kelly: YouTube Videos - problem & quick & dirty workaround
I have the same issue with playing youtube videos in that when I press the play button, an error message appears & I am unable to play the video. Reloading the page doesn't help. What DOES work is clicking on the name of the channel to go to their profile/main page (whatever it's called) , then using the back key in Chrome to return to the video page which then plays normally. BTW, love this app.
- (2020-03-25, v:1.7.4) Hans Blix: Can no longer play YouTube Videos
Keep getting errors like "Playback error Playback ID: C0dUTAlcRaS-SBKJ" on Youtube and can no longer watch any videos. When I disable the extension everything works fine.
- (2020-03-25, v:1.7.4) Michael Elkin: Playback error Playback ID: C0dUTAlcRaS-SBKJ
I am also seeing playback errors on all Chromium browsers and systems. Playback ID: C0dUTAlcRaS-SBKJ is the latest ID. I did notice that if I load a page or refresh it fails, but if I click a link on youtube it does play, until I refresh where it always fails. Disabling the extension instantly fixes all issues, but auto-pays all the time.
- (2020-03-24, v:1.7.4) TIATA DHALN: Error on YouTube
It worked nicely until this happened two days ago. Now, whenever I tried to play an auto stopped video on YouTube, it gives the below error. "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: [code])" I hope you fix this issue as soon as possibe since this is the best extension of it's kind.
- (2020-03-24, v:1.7.4) adam 1709: playback error every time on youtube
Hello, since yesterday I can not use youtube - every time I load and error pops up every time. It is only disabling this extension
- (2020-03-23, v:1.7.4) Arjun Raj: Youtube Error when used with Ad blocker
Hi there, when I use this extension in conjunction with an ad blocker like Adguard or Adblock, Youtube produces the error - An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: <SOME_ID_HERE>)
- (2020-02-25, v:1.7.4) Peter Umoren: ContentScript has already been declared error
Hello, nice extension btw. I always see this error on my console "Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'ContentScript' has already been declared at content.js:1". I traced the file to ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Extensions/ejddcgojdblidajhngkogefpkknnebdh/1.7.4_0/content/content.js. I am using chrome 79 on Ubuntu 18.04. I hope that helps to fix the issue. Other than that the extension works fine for me as expected.
- (2020-02-06, v:1.7.4) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Problem
Doesn't work when a video is started from the video sidebar on youtube.
- (2019-12-27, v:1.7.3) Vreem de Ling: Mute option of Chrome affected
The extension works great on most sites. One thing though: on most sites the auto mute function of Chrome isn't working anymore. With AutoplayStopper installed, that seems to be ignored, audio is unmuted even though Chrome says it is muted. When I uninstall AutoplayStopper, the auto mute of pages is working just fine.
- (2019-12-16, v:1.7.3) Aaron Armstrong: Unable to apply exceptions
I tried to add youtube.com as an exception but it won't let me apply as the button is greyed out.
- (2019-11-29, v:1.7.3) Roland Tobiasz: Interfering with Chrome Remote Desktop
First: This is a great addon! I love it! Several months ago Google decommissioned the remote desktop addon forcing all to use the web page version at: https://remotedesktop.google.com/access. It seems that AutoplayStopper is preventing logging into the web remote desktop. Setting the above webpage as an exception in AutoplayStopper solves the issue but there must be many frustrated users out there who cannot login not knowing where to troubleshoot the issue. Either informing the users or whitelisting the chrome remote website address by default would save a lot of pain for some users. Other than that...great App and thank you for developing it! I'm using Windows 10 Home, Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108
- (2019-11-28, v:1.7.3) Long Luu: add exception for GIF
on sites I frequent like Kotaku, there are GIF images that I would like to play as per normal. can I add those exception somehow?
- (2019-11-10, v:1.7.3) Dennis Halnon: No Longer Works
Just thought you should know ... I'm sorry to tell you, this extension no longer works. I just used Chrome 78.0.3904.87 on Mac OS (10.14) and went to https://www.registercitizen.com/; videos are auto-playing just as they did before. Looks as though Google has undermined this extension.