Countdown & countup timer, with simple interface and ability to run multiple timers.
QUICK START: I'm working on an improved input system, but for now a quick start for how to use the current one: You can use the mouse scroll wheel, just point to the right time field and scroll the wheel up/down to adjust the value (ddd hh:mm:ss). You can also use the keyboard by directly typing the desired time. First click on one of the timers (anywhere beside notes) and input your time. Examples: To set 15 minutes: 15. or 1500 (00:15:00) To set 72 hours (3 days): 72.. or 3... (3 00:00:00) To set 3 hours and 45 minutes: 345. or 3.45. (03:45:00) To set 90 seconds (1:30): 90 or 1.30 (00:01:30) FEATURES: * Tricky input (working on it) * (new) Shortcuts on badge timer * (new) Options to set different sound alarms and volume * (new) Notification alert (optional) * (new) Multiple colour themes * Multiple timers * High range of spans with up to several years * Count up like stopwatch (to start, set the timer from 00:00:00) * Optimised for extensive use * Display timer one the icon badge * Set and navigate the timers with keyboard * Set timer with scroll wheel * Custom notes for each countdown P.S. Rate the extension and spread the word to encourage the developer (me) to dedicate more time in implementing more features.
- (2020-01-23) Emmanuel Bouillon: J'ai galéré à retrouver une extension pratique comme celle là ! Merci au dev :)
- (2020-01-17) Valentin Degenne: Simple but yet very Powerful :) It's a good tool for people like us losing track of time while having hardcore working sessions. Thanks
- (2020-01-17) Vicky Lahkar: The timer display bookmark should move to the next bookmark after completion of the current one.
- (2019-12-04) Joe Miranda: This extension is a perfect timer! Runs smoothly and allows multiple timers. You can set countdown or count up timers. It also displays the time on the icon so you can see it as you are doing your tasks. Highly recommend!
- (2019-10-24) Aleksey Shamis: Агонь :)
- (2019-10-07) Saphir Zheng: The extension is easy to use. But recently I find it occupies global hotkeys "Ctrl+Shift+1" and "Ctrl+Shift+2" which I use in another APP. I check the config and I'm not able to find where can I reset the hotkeys or disable them. Would you please show me the way to reset/disable the hotkeys for this extension? I'm sure I do need these hotkeys in other APP. Thanks.
- (2019-10-04) Al hct: Easy to use quickly, can change the ringtone, volume, create a mute one, pin on to keep it visible in Chrome, countdown and timer, can change the color too(I think it's a nice little detail). I really love it. However, maybe I didn't understand how to use it but the shortcut to start the timer does not work with me, but the shortcut to open it does. Am I missing something? Anyhow, highly recommend it. Thank you to the developer.s for your great work!!
- (2019-09-19) A.S. Diego Andrés Acosta: Perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Simple and precise.
- (2019-08-20) Rizz: Nice timer extension, able to set multiple timer with sound. Would be nice if it is possible to set repeated timer
- (2019-08-13) Chantal Lafrance: Great tool! Simple and does the job. I like that you can see the countdown on the badge. I use a 1h timer a lot. I like that i don't have to set it to 1h each time. Once it zeroes out, it returns to 1h for next time. Not clear how to set the clock, so when I don't set a new timer for a while I sometimes have to come back and look up how to do it again. Up/down buttons or a "set timer" button might be more obvious. I can change the alarm tones but there's no tone preview so not sure what tone I'm choosing. Overall though, it's awesome!
- (2019-08-08) Richard Robbins: Very simple, very focused, only does one thing and does it well. Multiple timers, a choice of sounds, figured out the interface in about ten seconds. I like to challenge myself by setting a time limit for tasks I'm working on and this utility works perfectly for that. Thanks to the developer.
- (2019-07-23) Bhanu Pratap Singh: Exactly what I need, and quite conservative in the amount of space it takes up. Well Done!!
- (2019-07-12) Karen Johnstone: Love it! Thank you. It's just what I need to keep track of the time spent working on projects.
- (2019-07-12) Cody Scott: Easy to use. Works right away. Exactly what I need. Thank you! Looking forward to what you do with it
- (2019-07-02) Jan L: Best timer in chrome. (it's ridiculous how bad most timer are...) being able, to sort your own alarms, would be nice
- (2019-07-01) Matthew Sobecky: Update: all of the issues I had with this have been fixed! I'll leave the original review below since it's been replied to. This is now the best timer in the Chrome store. --- - It needs a volume control. It only makes one sound at one volume, as loud as possible. - Sometimes the notifications and sound don't happen when the timer is up, and are delayed for a minute or two. Not acceptable in an app thats only purpose is to time things. The interface is very unintuitive, but it can be learned. I'm kind of baffled it's this hard to find a usable timer in the Chrome web store.
- (2019-06-22) Michael Rodman: Simple yet effective. Does both count up like a simple stopwatch and countdown like an egg timer, and you can add text labels to the timer; you can even run multiple timers at once, with the icon even displaying the running time of your choice. Once you figure out the interface, it's easy to use. Star knocked off because once in a while, a countdown timer will miss its notification time and keep counting past zero into negatives, or a stopwatch timer will count into negatives instead of positives which can be confusing, but it's a free extension made by a single dev so it is easy to call "good enough" despite those foibles. New update adds a few tools without being a cluttered interface, and alters the confusing trash system to something clearer to use. Now the timer displayed on the icon is controlled by a bookmark button, and when your timer is done the icon displays a blue "00:00" on the icon when not running a timer, you can remove that by deselecting the timer. The update is good but brings the tiniest issue: when looking at the timers, the "countDown" text in the upper right is now cut off by the first timer.
- (2019-06-22) Kostya Tereshchuk: Дякую за крутий додаток! Дуже потрібний у роботі і простий у користуванні, що головне.
- (2019-04-18) Gregory Kramida: It was all good until I tried to add a new timer and change it from being a count-up to a count-down timer. Saw questions about this in "support", looks like maintainer disappeared. Gonna look for another timer now...
- (2019-04-07) Soham Dongargaonkar: EXACTLY what I needed, works great. One suggestion: I think there should be an option to display a persistent popup in the middle of the screen, which would be more accessible as compared to looking at the extension window.
- (2019-03-22) easy to use, very helpfull
- (2019-02-25) Matt: Best countdown available for sure. Please add the option to remove the sound, it can be very annoying.
- (2019-02-24) Conor Hynes: Good idea, but terribly unintuitive UI
- (2019-02-13) Emil Atanasov: Nice
- (2019-01-27) Cynthia Valdez: Good idea, bad execution, not user friendly at all and no instruction on how to get the timers to work. Really, the least the developer could do is direct us to a document or something, instead it just sends us back to the main page. And not everybody has a scroll wheel. (I am on a laptop)
- (2020-01-08, v:4.0.3) Nora Emilce Rios: PODRIAS...
HOLA, PODRIAS PERMITIR QUE SE PROGRAME CON HORA "EXACTA"? SI AHORA SIN LAS 07:49HS QUE ME PERMITA PROGRAMAR "ALARMA" PARA LAS 08:25 HS. eSPERO LO PUEDAS AGREGAR, ME SERIA MUY UTIL. GRACIAS POR TU TIEMPO.
- (2019-12-23, v:4.0.3) shmuel: Differentiating
I have a few stopwatches and timers open, and it's hard to differentiate between them, it would be really helpful if every entry could be changed to a different color. besides that the app is really good
- (2019-11-16, v:4.0.2) jeslee joseph: ticking sound
Can to add a ticking sound? I usually put a 15 min count and a subtle ticking sound would be great.
- (2019-11-05, v:4.0.2) Keith Rogers: Shortcut addition
When the shortcut keys were enabled for this app, it enabled them on a global basis, which blocks the keydown event for the entire computer. In the future, enabling these as "In Chrome" by default would save a lot of heartache trying to debug what was causing keys to stop working on a computer.
- (2019-10-07, v:4.0.2) Dany Frostt: pic for reference
This is what happens when I click the icon or use Ctrl+Shft+Y * https://imgur.com/a/dG9BhSn
- (2019-10-07, v:4.0.2) Dany Frostt: fatal prob_dropdown timer list won't open
* I can no longer open Countdown (to show all the current timers) by using the icon, just to the right of the address bar. * Ctrl + Shift + Y no longer works as well. When I try this, the icon by the address bar shows that it is being selected (light grey background shading vs white) but the list of timers does not open/drop down. I have uninstalled/reinstalled it 3 times now and re-added my timers (from a backup in Wordpad). I am able to open the drop down list a few times... and then it just stops working. I can tell the program is still working because the timers that are still running are causing the popup notifications. * I have the latest version of Chrome (Version 77.0.3865.90) * I haven't changed any hardware/settings * I haven't added/removed any software to my computer * I haven't added/removed any extensions to Chrome * I have rebooted my computer and the problem still exists I didn't realize how much I absolutely rely on your simple-to-use program, until it stopped working. I don't see any other program that is remotely comparable. Any suggestions? If not... is there another extension you can recommend? I play an online game and I am using about 15-20 timers to be efficient in the game... LoLz.. without your program... My gameplay is seriously suffering. Hope you can help. :-)
- (2019-09-09, v:4.0.1) Quang Doan: Change Time
How do I change the time?
- (2019-08-16, v:4.0.1) Lizzie Pomputius: no more pop up when the timer goes to 0
previously after the count down, when the time was up, and I had chrome minmized, a window popped up to say the time was up, (like a notification) now that no longer happens. is there a setting to make that window pop up again ?
- (2019-04-27, v:3.1.3) Rutvik Prajapati: Is there any APIs available so that I can map my work with it?
Hello, We are SaaS company, and we want to integrate open source timer with our application. I would like to know that, whether countdown has APIs where we can map our entities or other customization options available. Looking forwards to your reply Thanks a lot,
- (2019-04-07, v:3.1.3) Soham Dongargaonkar: Open source
Is it open source? I would love to contribute.
- (2019-02-25, v:3.1.3) Matt: Mute Timer
Please give us a option to turn off the ring sound, it's impossible to use the timer when I have earphones on. It's also very loud and annoying in speakers.
- (2019-02-06, v:3.1.3) 너희들의_젠틀한보스: 소리알람이 없는것이 문제인것.
알람이 울리면 아주 좋을거같다.