a very simple mouse gestures program
A mouse gestures extension to give basic mouse and rocker gesture functionality. No ads, no spyware. Set gestures in the options page. On first install, you must go to the options page and save configuration. Mac and Linux users: double right click to open context. Version 1.5 3/19/2014: Problem with Linux and Max created by adding rocker gestures should be fixed. Version 1.4 3/19/2014: Added functionality to open link in new tab. Thanks Theodore Briggs! Version 1.2 3/15/2014: Added back and forward rocker gestures. Added open last closed tab functionality. Added option to not show mouse trails. Version 1.1 12/8/2013: Fixed issue with canvas height property. Now lines will be drawn on entire page. Version 1.0 11/17/2013: Fixed deprecated DOM feature, now drawing lines properly Version 0.1: First Upload
- (2020-01-17) Corpuscule Corpuscule: Bien
- (2018-08-01) Kuo-kai Lin: great job done
- (2018-06-09) David Rodick: Broken-- won't save customization.
- (2018-05-16) Sammy Dong: BEST! SMALL WITHOUT AD, PITY IS THAT IT HAS NO DEFAULT GUESTURES?
- (2018-02-15) Jim McIntyre: Very simple to setup and use, no calls back to a server with browsing details. This is what I'm looking for.
- (2018-01-06) GS jo: 심플이즈베스트
- (2017-10-13) Lingjie Shao: Light but useful
- (2017-09-21) Jonathan Harrison: The only feature I miss from Opera 10.63 is the ability to open a link in a background tab. Add that and this would be just about perfect. Thank you!
- (2017-07-31) Bjarte Aune Olsen: Simple, does exactly what I need it to. I have two small problems/bugs: 1. Every time I open the settings, Rocker Gestures is checked 2. The trail is always black If I set Rocker Gestures to "off" and save settings, they are turned off. But the next time I open the configuration, the checkbox is checked, so I have to remember to uncheck it again if I click the Save Configuration button. The trail is always black, no matter which colour I set in the configuration.
- (2017-06-28) Michał Dybczak: Doesn't work :(
- (2017-04-04) Charlie Reinehr: Love this extension, as it gives me back some of my favorite functionality from the old Opera browser. One thing I would like to see, though, is a place where I can exempt specific web sites from working. So basically I'm able to disable mouse gestures on certain sites. Thanks!
- (2016-12-19) Rickard Åberg: Great extension but seems to bug on linux for some reason. You have to click right mouse button twice for the context menu when clicking on links etc. If I disable the extension the context menu shows on single click again. On Windows it works as intented though.
- (2016-10-15) Nicolas Dechamps: The selected gesture color doesnt work. Its alsways black. Please fix. Otherwise nice and simple, exactly what I was looking for!
- (2016-09-19) Mike Winder: It would be perfect if it had support for opening links in background, ie drag up to open a link in the foreground, drag down in the background. That, and configuration for these gestures separate to the others (I mean, is the open link tied to open a new tab or something? Edit: it is) would make it 5 stars for me.
- (2016-09-18) Michael Morford: The latest Chrome update broke smooth gestures (the old free version). I was desperate looking for another very similar gesture program; I even considered buying smooth gestures pro, but rumors of spyware and bad business practices kept me away. The other popular extensions like crxMouse Gestures kinda worked, but felt clunky, slow, and were missing one key feature I really wanted - every extension I tried could not do one simple task - use the same gesture to open a new tab when hovering nothing OR open a link in a new tab. As a feature I've used for a nearly a decade since I used to use Opera, I couldn't live without it. This simple program is the ONLY one that could do something so basic. The only small downside I found was that trying to use the gesture to open a youtube video by hovering the picture rather than the link won't work. But it's much better than anything else I found.
- (2016-08-27) Monty Forester: Годно!
- (2016-05-02) Michael B: Brilliant! The best mouse gestures for Chrome.
- (2016-04-09) Alexi Grigoriadis: I have come to this after crx mouse gestures stopped being available, and the lack of functionality is astounding. As a minimum, the following should be available: -Opening specific links -Running custom scripts -Opening chrome:// pages -Taking screenshots -Disabling the extension on the page temporarily -Opening up the settings page for the extension You should also be able to have more than one gesture for the same action (for example, before I had both RLR and LRL to close the tab). I understand that creating extensions is a long process, especially without required donations, but there is definitely a long way to go with this one.
- (2016-04-05) Tuomas Saloranta: Mouse trail is not shown in color, it is always black. Please add "minimize window" to gesture list.
- (2016-03-25) Cody Mullen: Sadly doesn't work with a specific trackball mouse of mine.
- (2016-03-14) paweł von X: just not working...
- (2015-11-28) 총 7개의 제스처 확장을 받아서 실험해봤습니다. 링크를 새 탭에서 여는 기능이 필요했습니다. 3개만이 그걸 지원했는데요. Smooth Gestures Plus가 잘 지원하지만 돈 내야되서 스킵. smartUp Gestures도 지원하지만 항상 맨 오른쪽에서 열리기 때문에 불편해서 없는 것이나 마찬가지. 7번째로 설치한 이 확장 프로그램이 최고네요. good good
- (2015-11-21) Jonathan Mesiano-Crookston: This extension appears to be storing browser history information in Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\apnjnepphihnjahpbfjiebcnpgmjnhfp. Until explained, I will maintain a 3 star rating.
- (2015-11-20) Tomáš Virtus: Go to Google Chrome dir, e.g. ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Extensions/apnjnepphihnjahpbfjiebcnpgmjnhfp/1.5_0 Look at the coin.js file. It's sourced from options page FYI. Is it some bitcoin miner? Or bitcoin stealer? It can be anything since this piece of crap has write/read all web pages permission.
- (2015-11-08) Tim Hatton: THE BEST. no spyware ! no adware ! works well, you can configure the gestures to suit. I needed to restart Chrome after install of miniGestures. I had to use Task Manager to shut down Chrome that was still running even though I closed Chrome. Then restarting Chrome and miniGestures worked.
- (2019-07-26, v:1.5) Ivan Masár: Re-open Last Closed Tab doesn't restore tab history
I'm pretty sure "Re-open Last Closed Tab" worked like ctrl-shift-t before - restoring a tab also restored its history (accessible via the forward/back browser button). "Re-open Last Closed Tab" doesn't restore tab history now as of Chrome 75.
- (2019-04-03, v:1.5) Jamie Martin: Blacklist Option
It would be nice to have a blacklist or whitelist option so I can have miniGestures not run on certain sites.
- (2018-06-29, v:1.5) Pablo Rosciani: JS Error
Right click (without moving the mouse) gives the following error: 19:00:01.129 mouseTrack.js:196 Uncaught TypeError: $(...).rmousedown is not a function at HTMLDocument.document.onmouseup (mouseTrack.js:196) document.onmouseup @ mouseTrack.js:196 BTW, great extension.
- (2018-01-25, v:1.5) Per: Trail color not working?
Hi, Plugin works great! First one so far where new-tab-gesture also works on links (link opens in new tab). Yay! Problem: Gesture trail color is always black for me. Default was set to red but it was black from the start. I tried switching to other colors but it doesn't seem to work.
- (2017-11-30, v:1.5) Rocker gestures don't work if click and hold right mouse button
If I click and hold the right mouse button for a couple seconds, then the miniGestures stops working in the tab.
- (2017-08-30, v:1.5) Toru Nagashima: Super heavy on GitHub PR pages
Recently, miniGestures is super heavy on GitHub PR pages. Repro step: 1. Open https://github.com/eslint/eslint/pull/8755/files 2. Scroll to bottom of the page. 3. Use a gesture (e.g. Scroll to top).
- (2017-05-09, v:1.5) Re-open Last Closed Tab only works for one tab
Entering the Re-open Last Closed Tab gesture more than once opens multiple copies of the same tab. It would be more useful if it behaved like Chrome's built-in Control+Shift+T, which opens the last several closed tabs in reverse order.
- (2017-04-21, v:1.5) Vítězslav Žurek: stopped working!
This does not work now. Not sure if it worked before :-\
- (2017-01-26, v:1.5) Herbert Müller: Options to disable gestures. Add cacheless reload
1) Add an option to disable the gestures in the addon, please. I sync settings/addons across my devices but touchscreen devices (tablet) have issues with gestures - no rightclick working (long press) 2) can you add cacheless reload, please (STR+F5)? thanks
- (2017-01-11, v:1.5) New functions
I'd like to see options for 'new tab' and 'duplicate tab'