Saves highlighted text to a file on your computer
Save text from a web page to a file anywhere on your computer. After highlighting some text, right-click and select "Save Text to File". Text will be saved to a new file or else appended to an existing file, depending on option selections. Features: - Specify any directory to save files on your computer - Add date of timestamp to saved file name - Various date formats to choose from - Save current URL in file - Optional directory selection dialog on save Please donate to support development: Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/bobbyrne01 Open source: Released under GNU GPL v3 license .. https://github.com/bobbyrne01/save-text-to-file-chrome
- (2020-04-10) Robin Hood: I usually don't give 5 stars, but this one earns it. Good job .
- (2019-08-25) amir salam: worked but this is waste " for every each selection it create separate files"
- (2019-06-18) Jonah Wong: Lovely extension. Custom directory support would be nice.
- (2019-05-07) Nils Lindemann: Very good. Especially i like that i can manually set the file name in the save dialog and that there is an option to include the source url at the top of the text file.
- (2019-02-18) Max Rempel: Doesn't work at all
- (2019-01-05) Arthur Godiva: I wish it had the option to just save the url with an empty note and nothing but the url as the note contents.
- (2018-11-09) bbon edia: everything in one paragraph only. can not save paragraph format
- (2018-08-26) 장해주: Not working. Always 'Failed - Network error'.
- (2018-08-18) قديم الغوص: افضل اضافة بتاريخ قوقل
- (2018-02-01) Davvero comodo, una brillante realizzazione, va bene, complimenti e grazie a bobbyrne. Ciao.
- (2020-08-10, v:2.1.0) Ayyy Lmao: Host application
I have followed the windows guide for installing the host application but it does not seem to be working. The only step I have not performed is "Open the Registry Editor application from the start menu and add the appropriate keys outlined for your system from Chrome" What exactly is this instructing me to do?
- (2020-08-05, v:2.0.1) Rob S: Hardcoding text in file
Wondering if there's a way to hardcode some text into a file? I have some static text that I include in every file so I was wondering if there was a way to have that text get appended into the file after it "pastes" in the selected text? Even if I just have to add a few lines to the .py file etc.?
- (2020-07-08, v:2.0) Doug Motel: Can't get it to work
I can't seem to get this to work, screencast: https://www.loom.com/share/f95e3c9b000f489e8e82a7787bd62300 Am I doing something wrong?
- (2020-06-08, v:2.0) Alan Finlayson: Having issues with host application not being found.
As title, but honestly I really love this app. I read there used to be an option to append to a single text file and not create new every time. Is this possibly going to come back as a feature?? Thanks
- (2020-05-11, v:2.0) Chris Zuidema: Chrome extension links to Firefox github page
When I go to options in Chrome: To enable all extension features, follow setup instructions outlined here. The word 'here' links to: https://github.com/bobbyrne01/save-text-to-file-firefox I believe it should link to: https://github.com/bobbyrne01/save-text-to-file-chrome
- (2020-04-11, v:2.0) Maks Develov: Invalid name generation
Great app! But there was a similar problem with the file name when saving, as described below, it saves 'c14c93b3-ad07-4d3e-a429-75a920484479.txt' in this form. This was already in my other extension and they answered that the problem is in Chrome, and indicated a link to this problem - https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=892133. Maybe this will help you speed up the solution to the problem.
- (2020-02-18, v:2.0) Shebly Seyrafi: Question
Hi - I just downloaded your Save Text to File Chrome Extension. I want to save many different pieces of text to the SAME file, but each time I save text it's to a new file. Is there any way to save different pieces of text to the same file (with the new saved text below the prior saved text)? Thanks.
- (2020-01-07, v:2.0) D B: some unique id save file name, not in my options
74a01183-3a0f-4ac8-a84e-0aeeebc546c9.txt i have had this problem before, don't remember how it was solved.
- (2019-09-29, v:2.0) eva sza: smooth work with text
I would like to mention that it would be a great facilitation for writers if we could choose the option that allows the exported text to be always saved in one and the same document.
- (2018-04-30, v:0.1) Geo M.: Save directory
The saved text file will not change to a different location. It will not even ask for location most of the time.
- (2018-02-18, v:0.1) Sergey Kalabin: Last downloaded file location option
Hi! Your extension is very useful! Thanks a lot! But I would like to ask for one little modification) As i have to download a lot of files and put a description next to them in a text file, it would be a huge time saver if I could save that text file to the same directory where the last downloaded file was saved. Can you please add such an option? Thanks again!
- (2017-12-25, v:0.1) Frank Kurka: Is source code available?
Can the source code be made available for examination?
- (2017-12-25, v:0.1) Frank Kurka: Why browser history?
Why does this app need to access browser history?