Saves highlighted text to a file.
Saves selected text to a file (defaulting to the user's Download directory), with the ability to specify a custom directory. After highlighting some text, right-click and select "Save Text to File". File names have the format "userPreference--<timestamp>.txt" Please donate to support this addons development: Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/bobbyrne01 Features: - Specify any directory to save files - Add date of timestamp to saved file name - Various date formats to choose from - Save current URL in file - Show directory selection dialog on save Open source: Released under GNU GPL v3 license .. https://github.com/bobbyrne01/save-text-to-file-chrome
- (2019-08-25) amir salam: worked but this is waste " for every each selection it create separate files"
- (2019-06-18) Jonah Wong: Lovely extension. Custom directory support would be nice.
- (2019-05-07) Nils Lindemann: Very good. Especially i like that i can manually set the file name in the save dialog and that there is an option to include the source url at the top of the text file.
- (2019-02-18) Max Rempel: Doesn't work at all
- (2019-01-05) Arthur Godiva: I wish it had the option to just save the url with an empty note and nothing but the url as the note contents.
- (2018-11-09) bbon edia: everything in one paragraph only. can not save paragraph format
- (2018-08-26) 장해주: Not working. Always 'Failed - Network error'.
- (2018-08-18) قديم الغوص: افضل اضافة بتاريخ قوقل
- (2018-02-01) Davvero comodo, una brillante realizzazione, va bene, complimenti e grazie a bobbyrne. Ciao.
- (2020-01-07, v:2.0) Dariouch Babaï: some unique id save file name, not in my options
74a01183-3a0f-4ac8-a84e-0aeeebc546c9.txt i have had this problem before, don't remember how it was solved.
- (2019-09-29, v:2.0) eva sza: smooth work with text
I would like to mention that it would be a great facilitation for writers if we could choose the option that allows the exported text to be always saved in one and the same document.
- (2018-04-30, v:0.1) G. Mok: Save directory
The saved text file will not change to a different location. It will not even ask for location most of the time.
- (2018-02-18, v:0.1) Sergey Kalabin: Last downloaded file location option
Hi! Your extension is very useful! Thanks a lot! But I would like to ask for one little modification) As i have to download a lot of files and put a description next to them in a text file, it would be a huge time saver if I could save that text file to the same directory where the last downloaded file was saved. Can you please add such an option? Thanks again!
- (2017-12-25, v:0.1) Frank Kurka: Is source code available?
Can the source code be made available for examination?
- (2017-12-25, v:0.1) Frank Kurka: Why browser history?
Why does this app need to access browser history?