Switch between multiple bookmark bars easily! [WARNING] Update from Sep 2017: This extension is currently in beta - please back up…
Switch between multiple bookmark bars easily! [WARNING] Update from Sep 2017: This extension is currently in beta - please back up your bookmarks before installation. I've received reports from users that they have lost bookmarks. Unfortunately, I don't have any way to recover them for you - you may try to locate them among your existing bookmarks if that happens. HOWEVER, I'm keen to fix this bug, and I need your help to provide me with the steps required to reproduce the issue. If anyone encounters this issue, I would really appreciate if you could provide me (via the SUPPORT section) with the following information: 1. Chrome version number 2. OS type and version number (e.g. Windows 10, Mac OS X 10.11) 3. Version number of this extension (if you're using the latest, it's 2.1 as of now) 4. Was it a fresh install? 5. What were you doing with the extension before you lost bookmarks?* 6. Any other relevant information that would help me with diagnosing the issue *Emphasis on #5. If you could provide me step-by-step instructions on replicating the issue especially on a freshly installed Chrome, and I'm able to successfully replicate the issue from my end, I *will* be able to figure out the issue and fix the problem. [HOW TO USE] Click on the Switchmark icon to switch between bookmark bars. To create additional bookmark bars, right-click the icon and go to Options. [CHANGELOG] Version 2.1 (2014-12-09) Bug fix for inability to identify the Bookmarks Bar folder. Version 2.0 (2014-12-06) Major improvements and bug fixes for bookmark folder management. Added an Options page to enable users to easily set the number of Bookmarks Bars to use.
- (2020-04-16) Stan Naspinski: One click bar switching, exaclty what I wanted!
- (2020-01-15) Deniz Demirturk: really good extension(was) but has not been working for about 10 days,when I click the icon browser freezing
- (2019-10-06) Dennys Fernandez: Genial, muy práctico y util para anejar multiples barras de favoritos
- (2019-08-29) Federal C: Very Helpfull Extension,recommended!!!
- (2019-07-25) Andi B: Das ist genau das richtige für die jenigen die ihre Lesezeichen nochmal extra kategorisieren möchten! Wer seine Lesezeichenleiste etwas strukturierter und "Themenbasierter" möchte, für den ist das genau das richtige.
- (2019-06-04) Frank Hong: After multiple chrome window opened, chrome will generate duplicate all book marks.
- (2019-03-29) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2019-02-12) Nickolas James: It actually works, as long as you aren't trying to do it on multiple devices at the same time. I have been using this extension for the past month with links separated for work and home. I get to work, click it, and then go about my day. Get home, click it, and enjoy my social media.
- (2018-08-13) Kelvin Clark: Unfortunately it's duplicating my bookmarks. At the time of writing this it had duplicated my bookmarks to around 1.5k. I originally had less than 100. This has potential but I think the Devs are having difficulty with chrome sync.
- (2018-06-19) Aaron Popilov: life saver didn't test on mobile only desktop
- (2018-06-13) Morgan N: Excellent. Seul problème, c'est que parfois les favoris se mélangent ...
- (2018-02-27) Geoffrey Lee: it may seem all awesome and epic at the start, then it duplicated all my bookmarks and messed everything up, DO NOT INSTALL, you will regret it.
- (2018-01-12) Duncan Hampshire: Does't work with multiple devices because of the logic of the swapping process
- (2017-11-27) Emese Lulich: I like it, but I would need more than 8 bars. Can you please add the opportunity? :) Please-please! :)
- (2017-10-12) Tomas Custer: Upon installation I lost all of my bookmarks. Very angry as I live by my bookmarks. Worst extension issue I have ever dealt with
- (2017-08-26) Miguel Galace: This extension works great! I really just wish a shortcut key could be assigned to toggle between the different bookmark bars. It would really add an extra level of convenience. EDIT: Turns out you can assign shortcut keys to your extensions. Just go to 'chrome://extensions', scroll to the very bottom, click on 'Keyboard shortcuts', and voila! This extension becomes infinitely more useful!
- (2017-08-09) K. Chris Caldwell: Thanks, but just does not work.
- (2017-08-03) Marie Cooper: This was working great, until it wasn't. I had issues with it moving my bookmarks from one bar to the other arbitrarily and causing me more work than it saved. I will be uninstalling.
- (2017-08-01) Haichuan Duan: Exactly what I'm looking for!
- (2017-06-29) James Davis: The existence of this one extension at last inspired me to make the switch from Firefox to Chrome browser. It was Roomy bookmarks that kept me with Firefox because the Chrome version, which tried to make a multi-row of bookmarks, does not work well. I used a macro program with mouse moves to make my own hot key to toggle between the multiple rows of bookmarks and that made Switchmarks almost as useful as the Firefox version of Roomy Bookmarks.
- (2017-06-08) Jesús Miguel Cruz Cana: Lately all it does is to keep duplicating and messing up bookmarks, as well as mixing up bookmarks from different bars.
- (2017-06-02) mkl bel: Fonctionne très bien chez moi. Une petite recommandation toutefois. Serait-il possible d'avoir une fonction "Nommage" des différentes barres crées? Merci par avance et bravo pour le travail fournit.
- (2017-05-24) JASS MAMAS: awesome
- (2017-04-18) Himawan Junianto: It's good for multiple bookmark. Simple and light.
- (2017-03-21) Funciona perfecto! Es la mejor para tener varias facetas en un solo perfil, mil gracias por la extension! Usuarios: Importante desactivar la sincronizacion de marcadores. Muy recomendada :)
- (2020-06-24, v:2.1) Daniel Cote: New Bookmark Position
It would be great if the bookmark is placed at the end of the list/bar instead of the front/top of the list.
- (2019-06-30, v:2.1) Tristan Jülich: Hotkey
Is it possible to get a hotkey for switching between bookmarks?
- (2018-10-05, v:2.1) Jacob Wolstenholme: Firefox Extension
This extension is the one thing stopping me from using Firefox. I'd love a Firefox version of switchmark.
- (2018-09-08, v:2.1) Sébastien Légat: Prefered bookmark per computer
Hi, I use your bookmark switcher on a my laptop at work and on my desktop at home. Because the private and professional bookmarks are different, I must switch my bookmark every morning at work and do the same in the evening at home. Should it be possible to choose the prefered bookmark per machine (work bookmarks on my work laptop and private bookmaks on my desktop at home) in order to avoid this permanent switch? In advance, thank you. Kind regards, Sébastien
- (2018-04-17, v:2.1) Nhung Ngo: error when using login in multi machine
I have used switchmark at workplace machine and home machine, I met a problem 70% each morning when I open the workplace machine, the bookmark does not work right, sometime bookmark in first folder come to second folder and all bookmark of second folder come to first folder
- (2018-02-12, v:2.1) Logan Chatman: Stuck
I have used this for a while and one day it just started creating duplicates of my bookmarks. I started deleting the duplicates and tried to narrow it down to 3 switchmarks and now it's stuck on 7. I can't change through them anymore. I don't want to remove it because then I'll have to redo what I have but is there a way to fix it?
- (2017-12-16, v:2.1) Duncan Hampshire: Make the bookmarking folder more obvious
So this extension creates folders with labels 1,2 etc. but doesn't behave in an obvious manner with respect to the bookmarks folder. The method for switching as I can see is 1. Swap the bookmarks folder items into the Switchmark empty folder (1/2) 2. Switch in the other folder contents to the bookmarks folder. Personally, I would do it like this. 1. Have a 'temp' folder that is normally empty 2. On switch, switch the current bookmarks into temp, switch the ones in a numbered folder into bookmarks, and then empty temp into the highest available folder. i.e flow of Bookmarks is 1>bookmarks>temp>(N-1)>(N-2)....(1) Where n is the no. of bookmark bars
- (2017-11-30, v:2.1) Horst Schwakowiak: Hotkey support
While I already like the extensions it would be even better if I had a hotkey to switch instead of manually clicking the extension symbol every time.
- (2017-10-21, v:2.1) No bookmarks lost but how do I restore previous state
I installed "Switchmark", and it didn't look right. Everything about bookmarks changed... It looked like all my bookmarks were gone and the Bookmarks Bar was (nearly) empty. (I found all the bookmarks later). I wasn't sure what happened, but I assumed uninstall would restore bookmarks, and reinstall "Switchmark" would fix everything. I disabled "Switchmark" and there was no change, Bookmarks Bar was still (nearly) empty. Same thing after I "Removed" (uninstalled) "Switchmark". But I noticed a folder named "Other Bookmarks" at the right end of the Bookmarks Bar. Inside the "Other Bookmarks" ("OB")folder is a single folder named: "Switchmark": [OB]/[Switchmark] Inside the "Switchmark" folder are 2 folders: "1" and "2": [OB]/[Switchmark]/ [OB]/[Switchmark]/ The first folder: [OB]/[Switchmark]/ looks like it has all my bookmarks from before "Switchmark" was installed (and then removed). The second folder: [OB]/[Switchmark]/ is empty. I can probably move all the bookmarks from the "1" folder to the Bookmarks bar. I'm not sure it will allow me to do that manually and if it lets me do it, I'm not sure the bookmarks would function properly. In any case, after that is fixed, I would want to remove the "Other Bookmarks" folder (and the other folders inside, but I don't seem to be able to do anything with the "Other Bookmarks" folder. I can't rename it, and I probably can't move it or delete it. I am using Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 on Fri 2017-1020 Mow do I restore (move) my bookmarks to the Bookmarks Bar, and how do I finish the removal of "Switchmark" (remove the extra folders)???
- (2017-07-09, v:2.1) Felipp L.: I lost my boorkmarks
Hi, I installed the extension and all my bookmarks are gone! Unfortunately I only realized some time later and the synchronization of google had already done a great damage ... I only got 1/3 of my bookmarks! Those active with the extension simply gone! Where did they go and how can I find them?
- (2017-04-19, v:2.1) Second Bookmark
Hi I created a new bookmark so had 2. 1 - Main Bookmarks. 2 - New bookmark with 3 hyperlinks.That was ok for 3 days, now all my bookmarks from the 1 appear on 2? How do I undo this. Since I have like 100+ bookmarks.