Click And Note - simple notepad and vault, tool for quickly saving notes, link and text on web pages
# NOTE Newer version of this application with encryption and cloud support: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/safenotes/jdknfpojngplkfooekgncbaiabicakpc # Description Notepad for quickly bookmarking current url or storing text notes. Organizing notes is done using sorting and filtering by tags or text. It is possible to save your favorite filters setup as a preset. Handy tool for journaling, task tracking and just keeping track of random ideas. Functionality Notes Upon opening app focus is set to "New note" field - enter text and save by clicking "Note" (or hit Enter key) or "Link" button Clicking "Note" will save the note Clicking "Link" will save the note, and attach current active page's url, along with text that you've selected on that page Clicking "Link" with no note provided, will use website's title as note's name First line of the note is displayed as "Title" at "Notes" page If note has valid url - "Go to website" icon is displayed left to note's title Saving new note will reset search field By default, latest updated notes are displayed first - use search field to sort by different rules Hit Esc key to quit app Hashtags You can add hashtags to note, which will make searching through notes easier At "Notes" page valid hashtags are highlighted, if visible Hashtags in note's title are not highlighted Search Enter search query to filter through notes Use "#abc" syntax to search for notes that have given hashtag Use ":url" key to display only notes that have url attached Use ":sort_updated" to display most recently updated notes first Use ":sort_updated_reverse" displays oldest updated notes first Use ":sort_created" to display most recently created notes first Use ":sort_created_reverse" displays oldest created notes first Use ":sort_name" to sort notes by name Use ":sort_name_reverse" to reverse-sort notes by name Menu Use "Clear Notes" to delete all your notes Use "Export Backup" and "Import Backup" items to backup and restore your notes Clicking "Export Backup" will download your notes to your computer in JSON format Clicking "Import Backup" will prompt you an option to import a backup file Warning - importing backup will erase all your current notes, please make sure to make a backup before using this option Current search query is backed along with your notes Omnibox Open the address bar by selecting it or clicking Ctrl + L (Cmd + L for Mac) Enter word "note" and press Space Now enter some text and press Enter to save it
- (2022-09-29) Amin Hemati Nik: just perfect
- (2021-04-30) Crystal Chen: Nice. I liked how this had enough functions to make notes about a lot of things. I used this for notes while studying. Please add some other basic fonts to use, like serif and sans serif. It would also be great if you could customize the popup size, it's a bit large, while sometimes I want to use it in full screen. Just overall improve the looks. Maybe add italic, underlined and bold.
- (2021-04-05) Devan M: This should be at the top when you search "notes" or "notepad" or anything like that, it's great. It's so simple and easy to use, aesthetically pleasing with it's "coding" font when writing, super easy to navigate and just isn't filled with a bunch of distracting stuff! Love it.
- (2021-03-08) Quack!: easy to use no need to open TXT on my pc folder and looking for it. all information is stored in Click&Note really useful
- (2019-12-14) Mojtaba Vahdati: This has the potential to be a 5 star definitely. But this app can have thousands of users if: 1_ Users could sync their notes instead of the old import/export method. 2_ why is the top of the first line of all new notes paled white? you have to start writing from second line to avoid that! 3_ if there was a keyboard shortcut key for initiating a note and for submitting the notes faster. Currently I hit ESC on my keyboard to save the notes faster but ESC is scary... My suggestion is CTRL+Enter. Thank you.
- (2019-09-02) roy york: 5 stars great extension save url and notes real easy, and can click url to go to website Click Link and it will save your Note and url peace 🎼🎧🎼👌
- (2018-07-04) Great way to make fast notes and keep them organized. No bloat. Love it.
- (2019-10-29, v:1.7.0) Maxime C.: Notes in colored tab
Hi there. Great extension, I'd love to be able to filter notes by colors and/or simple tabs, it would look more organized and it's much faster to look for a color than text or even type in the search bar. It's already great, but I know that in my case the color and/or tabs is what is mising for me to use your extension. Regards,
- (2018-08-06, v:1.4.0) Andrew Simpson: Where are the notes saved? (a reply to your answer)
(A reply to your answer - Google's webstore only lets me reply to questions, not answers) JSON format would be fine - by 'human readable' I mean 'able to read the text (and ideally the tags) if I need to without loading the app'. For example, I may need access to my notes from a mobile or computer that doesn't use Chrome, or can't have the app installed (internet cafe machine). In fact, JSON would be ideal, as that lets me process my existing text-based notes to produce a JSON format I can upload. I'll give your app a try - haven't had chance yet, and was reluctant to trust it with my existing notes if it only stored them locally. However, I've noticed a new version is available that asks to manage downloads, so I assume that's to save and load the notes... I would need the app to automatically sync with Google Drive for it to replace my current solution, but realise these things take time to code. Keep up the good work!
- (2018-08-01, v:1.2.3) Andrew Simpson: Where are the notes saved?
Are the notes saved locally or in the cloud? I use several machines, so it would be useful to be able to access them on every machine without having to transfer them manually. At the moment I store my notes in a Google Doc file, but I like the idea of tagging them to make it easier to organise. Google keep doesn't quite do this in an easy way. I suggest adding the ability to store the notes in text form in Google drive for this purpose, to allow them to be read on any machine by this app and also allow them to be read by a human using a text editor for recovery purposes.