Bookmark, tag or add notes to pages, highlight and save quotes or images, save selected Google searches, filter out search results.
(What's new in latest version: Google Scholar search support. See https://onlineresearchnotes.com/#latest) KEEP NOTES AND ORGANIZE PAGES Bookmark, tag or add notes to pages. SAVE & HIGHLIGHT QUOTES Save quotes or other text snippets from pages (or PDFs), highlight quotes on the page. SAVE IMAGES Save images with pages - either pictures directly from the page or copy-pasted screenshots via a tool like Snipping Tool or Paint. SAVE YOUR GOOGLE OR GOOGLE SCHOLAR SEARCHES When studying a topic in-depth, save searches to remember what search terms you’ve used, which ones got great results and how far into the results you have looked. By default, search saving is turned off, it can be activated for each Google search tab separately. HELPFUL SEARCHING OPTIONS Cross out and hide search results that are not useful. Automatically load the next page with results when you’ve scrolled all the way down. Instantly add notes and tags to results straight in your Google search. TAGS WITH VALUE Advanced tagging: you can add values to the tags. For example, to record a page’s author, add a tag like “Author: <author’s name>”. Or, when searching for products and comparing good websites with alternative offerings, add tags to pages such as “Product: <product name>” or “Price: <product price>”. You can group and sort by tags and values separately on the all notes -page. RESEARCH UNDER SEPARATE TOPICS All your pages and searches will be saved under topics that you define. This helps keep your different research topics - be it work, school or hobbies - separated from each other. OVERVIEW OF SAVED RESEARCH A special all notes -page gives a comprehensive overview of your topics, pages and searches. See your researched pages either in list or table format. Filter pages by text, tags, notes or bookmarks. PRIVATE The information that you create while working with the extension - addresses, searches, notes, tags, etc - is stored exclusively in your own browser and is not shared with anyone. We only collect anonymous Google Analytics information about this products usage to get an overview of what features are used. DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR RECOMMENDATIONS? We are open to feedback about this product, about existing features or new ideas - just use the feedback form that can be opened after clicking the extension's icon. And please do inform us also about any possible bugs still lurking in this public beta version. FREE This extension is free to use.
- (2020-12-08) Clem Maloney: "Privacy The information that you save with the extension - page addresses, searches, notes, tags, etc - is stored exclusively in your browser" this is immensely important for me. Some other notes taking extensions store your data remotely. Local storage is important for both security and for being able to make a backup.
- (2020-08-29) amirMasoud Hadidi: Thanks for everything. but is this my fault, because anytime i save any quote, a popup will be opened in a new page in chrome, and it's genuinely disturbing.
- (2020-07-07) Mike Kuan: This is the best note taking extension on chrome. I personally tried about 15 notes taking extensions. Please continue develop this great extension
- (2019-11-27) Ayça Memiş: Sekmeler için Toby, web sitelerinden notlar için LINER ve Google Keep uzantılarını kullanıyordum. Fakat bu hepsini bir araya getiriyor. Umarım bir an önce mobil uygulamayı da yaparsınız. Fakat web sitesinde gizlilik ve güvenlikle ilgili ayrıntılı bir açıklama ve bu web siteyi geliştirenler hakkında bilgi göremedim. Bu da biraz kuşku uyandırıyor.
- (2021-01-22, v:0.94.2) Michele Muzio: Saving under multiple topics
When saving a page there is no way of saving under multiple topics in the dropdown list, i.e can't tick the topics. Am I missing something?
- (2020-12-26, v:0.94.2) Jerry Parker: Warning we receive before downloading your app
States that it can: Read and change all your data on the websites you visit Read and change your bookmarks Read data you copy and paste Is this a bit invasive? Someone recently stated that were happy with you app due to privacy issues. Did they read the warning different from me? Jerry
- (2020-07-03, v:0.93.8) Elizabeth Joan McPherson: ALL OF THE RADIO BUTTONS ABOVE. Why (or how can I) view reviews in English and French?
Language problem: Why (or how can I) view reviews in English and French? (in Canada, they are BOTH Official languages). Leads to Suggestion.....Forgive me if I am not seeing 'it' = Country of Origin drop down button query in a SQL/relational database for research or ?. The query function in Access allows one to very quickly extract data in a readable format. Merci!
- (2019-01-30, v:0.92.6) synchronizing with google account
I really like the app so far, however, I'm not able to sync to my google account. Please advise. Thanks! -Kyle