Provides a random gravatar for websites missing a favicon.
The provided avatar is consistent for a given domain across pages and across users.
- (2020-04-02) James Hiner: only works on sites that are not https
- (2018-04-30) Tracy Cooper Jr: It works but I had to make one change for it to work on https sites. Copy the extension directory to a new location. Open the contentscript.js file in the new location and scroll to the bottom. Change http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ to https://www.gavatar.com/avatar/ and save the file. Open the extensions page and select "Load Unpacked" and select the new extension location.
- (2018-02-03) Protected Profile: Would be helpful if it also provided a favicon for sites that provide a blank favicon.
- (2018-01-26) Rahul Gaikwad: does nothing lol
- (2016-07-01) wish you could just set a default one you liked but at least this is better than nothing. Thank you
- (2016-02-14) Paul Stonaha: Provides a random favicon for websites that don't provide any favicon, as advertised. However, does not allow the user to push for a random favicon. This would be useful for sites that provide a blank favicon.
- (2014-02-25) Jeremiah Moss: Finally, something similar to IdentFavIcon in Firefox! Only problem is that it abuses Gravatar to do so.