Force google.com (aka Google No Country Redirect) when searching in Google Chrome Omnibox
This extension, will force using google.com (aka Google No Country Redirect) when you search in Google Chrome Omnibox. If you travel a lot, or you just care about privacy and use proxy to hide your real IP from another country, imagine you’re in China and using a Japanese proxy, Google always redirects you to google.co.jp when you search in Google Chrome Omnibox. This extension could definitely make your browser stick with google.com. Under the Hood This extension simply replace the URL you request before onBeforeRequest to google.com, no additional internet request will be made since the replace process will be done in 307 Internal Redirect.
- (2018-10-22) Matthew Tull: Doesn't seem to work. I do my searches in the omnibox and still get country specific stuff.
- (2017-08-06) Bhushan Hadkar: Works Just as Described. I would rate it Five stars if you could add one little toggle to Enable and Disable the extension from the icon itself. Maybe clicking on the icon could do this it would be easier to switch from google.com and country specefic google search. Otherwise just perfect.
- (2017-03-10) Anran Qiao: 不错
- (2016-12-27) ji zhou: Thank you!This is better than 'NoCountryRedirect (NCR)' now.
- (2017-08-06, v:1.0.2) Bhushan Hadkar: Google Maps Doesn't Load When The Extension Is Enabled
Somehow when the extension is enabled the google maps page keep refreshing and it doesn't load. When I disable it it loads perfectly. I tried it with country specific maps and https://maps.google.com but country specefic maps redirects to google.com/maps and the refresh cycle continues forever until I disable the extension.
- (2017-08-06, v:1.0.2) Bhushan Hadkar: Enable/Disable Toggle
I would like the feature to enable or disable the extension from the icon itself. An example would be ahrefs toolbar extension when clicked on the icon it works, when again we click it it disable. Sometimes I like to surf on country specefic google and sometimes on google.com the toggle would enable to quickly switch between this. Otherwise its perfect.