Duplicate Tabs Closer
Duplicate Tabs Closer detects and closes duplicate tabs. Version 3.3.2 changelog: * Fix: view source tab for Chrome * Fix: ru and uk locale (thanks perdolka) * Some code optimizations Version 3.3.0 changelog: * New: Add whitelist for automatic close mode * New: Add ru and uk locale (thanks perdolka) * Fix: latency when saving options ★ "On duplicate tab detected" options: - Close tab automatically: automatically closes the detected duplicate tab. - Do nothing: monitor tabs and update the badge icon to indicate the number of duplicate tabs detected. ★ On remaining tab options (used with "Close tab automatically): - Do nothing (default): nothing is done after the duplicate tab is closed. - Activate: once the duplicate tab is closed, the remaining tab is activated. - Apply opening tab behavior: once the duplicate tab is closed, depending on the default tab behavior, the remaining tab will be moved to the position of the closed tab and activated if needed. ★ Whitelist (used with "Close tab automatically): List of urls to not close automatically. Duplicate tabs detected will be notified in badge. Wildcards is supported. ★ "Priority" options (used with "Close tab automatically" mode and "Close all duplicate tabs" button): - Keep older tab (default): Keep the already existing tab. - Keep newer tab: Keep the newer tab. - Keep tab with https (default on): Ignore the scheme part during comparison and keep the tab with the https scheme. - Keep pinned tab (default on): Keep the pinned tab. ★ Filters options: - Ignore hash part in URL (default off): for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer/#detail-relnotes and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer will be considered as the same URL. - Ignore search part in URL (default off): for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer/?src=ss and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer will be considered as the same URL. - Ignore path part in URL (default off): for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer will be considered as the same URL. - Compare with tab title (default off): If the URL doesn't match then compare using the tab title. ★ Scope options: - Active window (default): only closes/displays duplicate tabs that belong to a same window. - All window: closes/displays duplicate tabs for all windows. ★ Hotkey: - Alt+Shift+W to close all duplicate tabs (this could be configured in the options in future version) For bug reports and feature requests: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2665523
- (2019-12-18) Jeff LovesEarth: nice and neat, I like it
- (2019-10-29) Sun Eric: The "Filters" feature is great. The "Ignore Path" is especially useful when opening multiple pages in the same site. But there is one problem, seems file URL (html in my local computer) don't support the filter. Can this support be added?
- (2019-09-18) Shawn D'souza: Does what i expect
- (2019-06-22) Tomáš Madaj: The only one with the option to ignore query part! BUT, no possibility to whitelist domains :/
- (2019-06-21) Erik Schick: It does exactly what I want with minimal setup. Perfect.
- (2019-05-04) Muhammad Hariansyah: easy
- (2019-03-31) Excellent extension, considers all possibilities of users needs.
- (2019-02-24) Works but no context menu option, hence why not 5 stars.
- (2018-12-10) Or Schiro: Eine tolle Erweiterung. Habe sie mal bei mir im Blog genauer beleuchtet: http://orschi.ro/tab-duplikate-schnell-aufspueren/
- (2018-10-01) Mike Bilel: awesome
- (2018-09-29) אמיר גלנטי: Please make it operate with one click. We can get to options by clicking the right click
- (2018-09-15) Haruo Shimote: We have to set up option (e.g. close tab automatically) every time when open browser. Could you please save the option setting in next update? We would appreciate it If you could improve it.
- (2018-08-13) Jay Goldberg: Super useful popdown UI that's responsive and lets you see the results of different kinds of filtering.
- (2018-06-25) Michael Ryan: I think this extension has great potential, but there are some usability issues that need to be resolved. The icon should support a single-click action to clear tabs with the existing filter. Allow the user to right-click to access filter setting, but a left-click should just clear the tabs immediately.
- (2018-06-09) Rafael Miranda: Excelente! Ajuda muito!
- (2018-04-16) Nicholas Ord: This would be an absolutely cracking add-on, as it's the only one I've found that will treat links from the same domain (but different URL) as duplicates. BUT....it resets the filters when you close the browser, meaning you have to set it up each and every time you open the browser. If this could be addressed, this would be the best add-in in the web store for managing duplicate tabs
- (2018-04-05) Александр Сироткин: Хорошо бы еще добавить настройку, которая позволит это делать только для выбранных доменов.
- (2019-09-12, v:3.3.2) Simon Lennon: Blacklist
Hi is there any way you add a blacklist (websites to be included, instead of excluded) to this extension. I really like the extension but have over 100 hundred whitelist rules now and its getting quite tedious having to keep adding them. I really only want to use this extension for a handful of sites so it would be great if I could just like the sites I wanted to use the extension with instead of having to exclude hundreds of websites, many thanks, Simon
- (2019-09-12, v:3.3.2) Ray Waymore: Clicking in "Duplicate tabs" section doesn't really work?
Is there some reason why left-clicking on the Duplicate tabs pane (after clicking the extension's button on the right corner) doesn't really seem to do anything? In other words, when clicking a duplicated tab title, it doesn't do anything. Why? It should of course focus on the particular tab then. And when clicking the X next to it, again it seemingly doesn't do anything. Except, it does, but it's just not updated on that view (the list doesn't change). Then again, going to the settings page of the extension (clicking the cog), now the list does work better. Clicking a title focuses on the tab. Though the X again doesn't remove the title from the list. Why not? Thank you very much.
- (2019-09-09, v:3.3.2) Сергей Линник: Problem in Vivaldi
duplicate tab successfully closed, but older tab remains not activated.
- (2019-08-24, v:3.3.2) Royi Namir: Clicking on the icon
Great extension however , it's really annoying to click it , and go to the bottom button. I've read what you've writtne to others about options accessebility. However , I disagree. You still have the right click to access options. you should use the left click to quick close tabs. The whole purpose is the save people time to close tabs manually. so if this extensions come to help , it should close tab with one click.
- (2019-01-31, v:3.1.9) Zee M Kane: Request for exceptions
Love the extension! Thank you. One request, to be able to add exceptions please? i.e. for some domains to be allowed to have duplicates. Thanks
- (2018-06-15, v:3.1.5) Rafael Miranda: Settings are not Saved
I do not know why this is happening, but the factory settings are always reset. I put it to "Automatically close tabs" but always returns to "Do nothing"
- (2018-06-06, v:3.1.5) Yves T: settings preferences aren't saved
hi, I have to update my settings preference every time I launch chrome. They are only saved until I quit chrome. can you fix it plz?
- (2018-05-30, v:3.1.5) XEO XTH: More options please
Please add the option to close the tabs only by clicking on the icon. Thank you, great extension.
- (2018-04-12, v:3.1.5) Karim: Auto enable
Settings not save and no way to auto enable the extension so not really useful at this stage. Thanks
- (2018-04-06, v:3.1.5) Александр Сироткин: Settings
Settings are not saved. After starting the default setting.