Automatically rotate through open tabs. By Ben Hedrington
A slideshow for the web.... Revolver - Tabs Revolver - Tabs takes your current open tabs and rotates between each of them pausing for as many seconds as you like and continuing until you stop it. Revolver - Tabs can reload the tabs on each view or not if you choose. Optionally Revolver - Tabs can wait while you are active in your browser and only rotate when you are inactive. ** We'd like to thank Wayne Goyer for sharing some significant and highly requested updates. The power of open source software! ** This was created for using Google Chrome full-screen to power unattended screens like kiosks or tv displays where rotating dynamic/live web content is needed. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions... Ben Hedrington Twitter - @benhedrington More Contact - http://buildcontext.com/blog/about v0.1 - Initial Working Alpha v0.2 - Updates from Fred Emmott - Rotation pauses if browser is being used, works on multiple windows. v0.3 - Added more options, some bug fixes. Now with clearer icons when Tabs is running, waiting and stopped. v0.5 - Updates from Aurimas Liutikas v0.6 - With Automatic Start and updated Options page. v0.7 - Significant updates from Wayne Goyer, advanced settings for each tab with highly requested features. If you can help add features go for it! The code is here: https://github.com/benhedrington/revolver-chrome-extensions
- (2020-12-17) Syaifullah Umar: Loved it...
- (2020-03-25) Bharani. Thippa: Great Extension for monitoring dashboards
- (2019-12-27) Victor Grecia: Salvou minha vida, posso apresentar todos os indicadores numa TV e as telas alternam automaticamente. Excelente aplicativo.
- (2019-12-01) SWAPNIL PATIL: While day trading in stock market i need to switch between tabs back and forth ....this tool is very much helpful,,,,Thanx alot!!!!!!!!!!!
- (2019-11-29) Panos Tsapralis: Goof job! I have tested quite a few extensions for some time - this is the only one that does what it says and does it smoothly & correctly. Serah no more - highly recommended!
- (2019-10-22) Ernest support: Facil de usar y muy util.
- (2019-07-08) Harish Ragothaman: Awesome tool for display boards! It would be a plus if there is an animated tab transition (just as power point slide transition).
- (2019-06-03) Sell My Own Place: good when it works but it keeps automatically turning itself off now, so its no longer any use
- (2019-05-22) Gustavo Amorim de Rezende: Perfect for carousel dashboards <3 Thanks
- (2019-03-26) Celso i: Funciona muito bem, uso em um telao de monitoração de varios sites
- (2019-01-11) David Smith: Really cool extension. Could we get the feature to import/export to a json file so we can share our configurations?
- (2019-01-07) rob illsley: simple and effective - perfect for monitoring dashboards etc
- (2019-01-02) Xu Han: Fantastic! Solved our problem to rotate tableau dashboard!
- (2018-12-04) Jonathan Lewis: All good, thanks, works as needed, It would be nice to have the option to auto close the last tab when switching....
- (2018-11-28) Dave Ross: After trying to write my own for several hours based on iframes and getting caught up with "X-Frame-Options: " - This worked like an absolute charm. Thank you!
- (2018-11-23) Jan Kocian: Works fine, the only drawback is the reload after the tab switch - isn't fluent, disturbs the users. The change Julien implemented won't help much, as it reloads the tab when you leave it which means the data will become ubsolete until you get back to the tab. I like the way TabCarousel reloads - reloads the next tab when switching to the new one. Unfortunately it doesn't allow to have different times before change for each tab... In case anybody knows of plugin which will handle both requirements please let me know.
- (2018-11-08) SANTHOSH BEJJALA: How it is possible that i need only two tabs required to this occurence.
- (2018-10-17) Teesst L: love it so much! 55555
- (2018-10-12) Charlie: Excelente!!
- (2018-10-09) Muy buena me servido para mis propósitos de Monitoreo
- (2018-10-08) Diego Mendes: fantástico.... agora posso projetar meus indicadores numa TV e as telas alternam automaticamente!
- (2018-08-21) Tomas Lindhoff: Just what we needed at work for a dashboard TV. Many thanks!!!
- (2018-08-16) Miguel Acevedo: Does exactly what it needs to do.
- (2018-08-03) Chris Stewart: Great tool for home dashboard to scroll through multiple bits of information.
- (2018-06-29) Adam Wood: A great utility, met my needs in one easy to use extension. Thanks!
- (2018-05-24) MADHU VS: Simple and neat !!!
- (2018-05-22) Jamie Smith: Exactly what I am looking for to cycle through monitoring pages on a wallboard. Insanely useful features easy to set up. "Would cycle through tabs again, 91 stars"
- (2018-03-20) Willen Silva: Excelente extensão cumpri o que promete.
- (2018-03-12) wayne duchaine: love it
- (2018-03-07) Magnus ferm: Does what it promises and does it well.
- (2021-02-15, v:0.71) Seth Bliss: License Agreement for Chrome
Greetings, Is there a license agreement that is available for review with this Chrome browser plug-in (Revolver Tabs). If this is using a GNU license, can you specify which one is used? We'd like to use this handy tool in a corporate environment but need to ensure that there aren't any licensing terms that would be a risk from a legal/liability perspective. Seth Bliss [email protected]
- (2021-01-25, v:0.71) Vince Bishop-Diaz: Reload Pages every 30 minutes?
Is it possible to set a page to only reload once every 30 or so minutes? We want to display pages that will need to be reloaded every once in a while to pull current data, but setting it to reload every time it comes up wastes most of the time that the page should be on the screen. Even setting it to 30 seconds of display time, almost 20 seconds is spent loading the page up again. Or, if the pages can be reloaded in the background while they aren't be displayed, that would be nice.
- (2021-01-13, v:0.71) Nate Cross: active window timeout
can you make a custom version of this that allows me to set a longer wait timeout on the active window.
- (2020-12-17, v:0.71) David Anderson: Not rotating
I have a small Raspberry Pi, its set up to boot and autostart chromium with two tabs already set in the default open settings. Revolver is configure to auto start - it has a green box on it - but the tabs will not revolve. Until I plug in a mouse and click on the revolver icon.
- (2020-11-02, v:0.71) Sanjib kumar Dwibedy: Excessive Windows 10 Audit Failures for revolver-tabs
I have installed revolver-tabs extension. Only after installing this we can see a lot of "4673: A privileged service was called" Audit fail events asking for privilege "SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege" on Windows 10. Please investigate the reason.
- (2020-10-30, v:0.71) Boon Wee Phua: Tabs not rotating anymore in chrome
Hi, it was working fine last month but seems like it's not working/rotating anymore. Was there any change to the code recently? thanks.
- (2020-10-02, v:0.71) NetApps Python: Revolve through only selected tabs
Hi, great extension! I wonder if you could add these two features? 1. I want to have multiple tabs open, but only automatically revolve through certain tabs (when monitoring student screens, but don't need to look at admin / O365 tabs etc. Currently, I have to have the tabs in a separate browser window (instead of the same browser window to achieve this, otherwise Revolver just cycles through all tabs, despite me only checking the boxes of the tabs I want in the options, which is not ideal. 2. Could you allow for adjustment of the currently fixed timing of 15 secs of inactivity before the the tabs begin to cycle again please? Thank you. :)
- (2020-09-24, v:0.71) Nima Jacob Nojoumi: how to use revolver on multiple chrome browsers across different devices at the same time?
working on my rasberry pi but not my macbook think because it's the same user
- (2020-03-14, v:0.71) JaDo: colours
what is the meaning om the 3 colours in the icon? Green, yellow and red?
- (2020-03-03, v:0.71) Björn Rißwig: switching tabs stopps from time to time
Hey ben, i use your chome extention (Runs on a Windows 10 Stick) and it works most most of the time. but from time to time switching between tabs stopps. Do you have an idea how to stop the interuptions? Kind regards
- (2020-02-26, v:0.71) Dileesh Suseelan: Only 4 Tabs
Hi, I remember earlier it had option to add as many tabs as wanted. However now I can see only 4 URL can be mentioned. Was it removed ? Regards
- (2020-02-06, v:0.71) Alejandro García BS: msi file to pakage the extension
Can we get the msi file?
- (2020-02-03, v:0.71) Chris Ward: PC Lock Up
We're using Revolver to rotate through tabs on several (4) different chrome windows as part of a monitoring solution, however it seems that every few days our PC completely locks up and we have to restart. The only thing running on the machine is Chrome with the Revolver extension tabbing through. No other extensions are installed and the PC has 16GB RAM, so it should be plenty.
- (2019-11-26, v:0.71) Sousou NAPOLI: Milieu professionnel
Bonjour, on peut utiliser l'application dans le milieu professionnel ? MERCI
- (2019-10-29, v:0.71) Ken Dixon: Auto Start when Chromium Browser auto launches
Auto Start when browser opens doesn't work. Indicator is green, but tabs don't rotate.
- (2019-10-29, v:0.71) Melissa Hamblin: An error has occurred Download was not a valid extension or user script
I have tried to install this on several machines.. and get "An error has occurred Download was not a valid extension or user script"
- (2019-10-29, v:0.71) Graeme83: Hotkeys?
Hi there, love the plugin. Is there a hotkey that starts and stops the plugin? I have 2 displays facing in different directions that show the same screens but they alternate. Unfortunately I can't start them at the same time, so the timing starts to drift over time. I'd like to script it so that it switches the plugins off and on at the same time every hour or 2. But other than that, this is the best plugin that I have used for my displays, thanks!!
- (2019-10-18, v:0.71) Andres Robert: Pause when user is active
It would be nice to have the possibility to detect if the user is active, and stop switching tabs. And after the user stops using the browser then maybe wait X amount of seconds and then start again switching tabs.
- (2019-09-20, v:0.71) Flavio Amadeu: License required
Can this license be used in a business enviroment? Or is it just for personal purposes?
- (2019-09-19, v:0.71) Revolver on Ipad
Hi, Can Revolver be instald on Ipad ? I only get that it is downloaded on the desktop. but where is the desktop on Ipad. can u give me a direction how to do it on Ipad.
- (2019-09-17, v:0.71) Teoh Gene: Unable load unpacked :
use https://crxextractor.com/ and tried download as zip files and copy to another machine to manually load unpacked. Encounter error as below. Please kindly help Failed to load extension File ~\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\dlknooajieciikpedpldejhhijacnbda\0.71_0\_metadata Error Manifest file is missing or unreadable Could not load manifest.
- (2019-08-22, v:0.71) Vinay V: Rotating URLs with click of mouse or arrow keys
Excellent extension, works great. Would be nice if there was a feature to manually rotate through the URLs, say by clicking the left or right arrow keys. This would be a very useful feature, for example if the interval is say set to 30 seconds, but you want to demonstrate the various URLs to someone (like a power point presentation), then it could be done by clicking the left or right arrow keys. Thanks
- (2019-07-25, v:0.71) Natasha Ramsay: Audio revolver
Hi there, I was wondering if the extension is also able to also rotate between the audio on each open tab? If no, would this ever be possible for an update?
- (2019-05-27, v:0.71) Jocrecia Araujo: use in chromecast view
Good Morning how can we use this extrension using chromecast? skip tab on tab and make the TV preview available?