Puts Google Chrome into read mode for a pleasant reading experience.
Just click on the glasses icon in the address bar, the current page will turn into a nice-to-read black on white page allowing you to read without forcing your eyes. Ads and Flash animations are also removed while on read-mode. Click the icon again and everything will go back to normal.
- (2021-12-31) Pat MySecret: Funky imagery/layout. A little slower than most similar types. This extension is not trusted by Enhanced Safe Browsing. No options. This reader blurbed things out unexpectedly ..with either an odd arc image, or just info deletion..and it didn't offer me things that I couldn't find elsewhere.
- (2021-02-23) komar alananta: doesn't seems to work for me. EDIT : Now it works. refresh your page for first time use.
- (2021-02-18) Nicholas: Great extension! Allows me to use a Greasemonkey script for auto-scrolling on keypress (link to script: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/7658-auto-scroll-keys-adopted) for the TestOut website by successfully scrolling through the Read Mode page. Before this extension, the TestOut page did not allow this script to function.
- (2021-01-16) A H: Lo que necesitaba
- (2020-11-06) qiang wang: 2012年之后就没有更新了
- (2020-02-18) Maurice Serico: Read Mode seems very clunky to me. First, the icon on a tool bar is almost invisible on the toolbar in dark mode. Seeing that it is made for people who have trouble with busy website layouts the extension generally throws a number of large monochrome icons up at the beginning of articles that aren't really useful for reading purposes. Then there are often extraneous bits of text before or beside the article. Also you can't adjust the size of text within the extension. The Safari built in reading mode is an example of what a reading mode should look like.
- (2019-10-23) makhlouf gharbi: best reading mode extention ever. 3 stars aveage not fair !!!
- (2019-05-04) 殷悦: No options or custom settings but the best!
- (2019-03-28) Максим Барбул: I use it rarely, though it always worked for me. I was not trying to run it on facebook or similar complex sites, mostly used for some blogs. Recently I found out the extension was producing errors (Mixed content) on a HTTPS sites and not overriding fonts as those are blocked by browser (hosted out by HTTP service). Could you please fix this, it'd be simple?
- (2019-03-10) Tom Loredo: This extension often works well in terms of giving you a more readable view. However, it causes security warnings on many sites (perhaps all https sites); this appears as shield badge with a red "x", indicating "Insecure content blocked." This happens *whether or not you are actually in read mode*. This sometimes prevents some sites from working correctly unless you click the shield and reload the page with the insecure content allowed. It shouldn't be acceptable behavior for an extension to require insecure content. But regardless of that, it's just inexcusable for a developer to allow this behavior and not at least warn users that, even unused (but not disabled), their extension may corrupt the operation of some pages. The extension info page should prominently warn of this.
- (2019-01-26) Dmitri Larionov: The plug in attempts to load scripts from unauthenticated sources. While this might be a false positive caught by chrome's system, I'd rather not use something that might be unsafe.
- (2019-01-23) Dalveer Singh: try "Reader View", that is much better and effortless.. link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/reader-view/ecabifbgmdmgdllomnfinbmaellmclnh
- (2018-10-14) It's fine except that I cannot change the font type or text size, also can't read in dark/grey mode... or mode that is not to hurtful to the eyes... all it does is stripped away unnecessary stuff, that's all... but reading experience could not be very much improved.
- (2018-09-21) oracleyue: perfect! meet all my needs.
- (2018-07-30) Amir Tal: does not work. see example: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Exchange-message-tracking-73a2604c
- (2018-05-18) uri t: לא יעיל
- (2018-05-15) Amran: This is what I exactly looking for. I read a lot of web-page daily and this extension helps me a lot.
- (2018-05-11) Ezgin KALEBAŞ: uygulama çalışmamakta. yerine; Just Read' i kullanın.
- (2018-05-06) Eduardo Santana: Funcionou perfeitamente. Não sei o motivo pela baixa avaliação.
- (2018-03-06) Bruna: A formatação da página ficou horrível em algumas páginas. Em outras ficou boa, mas não mostrou o texto inteiro (?) Não gostei.
- (2017-12-03) Ondřej S: adds insecure HTTP message to console. this was causing me immense problems when I accidentally used the extension opened during web development. it was causing real slowdowns etc
- (2017-11-01) nat anun: Average usage. However, cannot change the font style. Also it did't not have night mode or eye-care mode.
- (2017-10-30) HAIRONG ZHU: Not efficient in get ride of the unwanted information in the webpage.
- (2017-10-05) Cristian Nascimento: já foi boa, agora não funciona em alguns sites.
- (2017-09-03) Rafael Frata: Funciona
- (2017-08-22) Maxwell Sage.Collins: its PERFECT with only 1 flaw: it doesnt offer any options to adjust the font and background color and size.
- (2017-07-27) Daniel: Hi i do some small review on this add-on and this is not a real reader mode becos if i put the safari-reader.js the result is not the same but in IE 11 is working with safari reader correctly.
- (2017-07-22) JOSE MIGUEL ARISPE DORANTES: Falta poder cambiar el tamaño de la letra y poder ponerlo en modo nocturno
- (2017-07-18) Farhang Naderi: Great transfer for reading.
- (2017-06-25) Alex Sheiko: Does not show the body of articles, only footer and hearder text
- (2017-06-14) Fun H: it always doesn't work
- (2021-04-28, v:1.0.6) Becky Rogers: face book
- (2020-10-03, v:1.0.6) Jim Hagler: how to read e-mail undetecred
read e-mails undetected
- (2020-01-23, v:1.0.6) Van Pham: [email protected]
synce download transfer app
- (2018-08-01, v:1.0.6) Michal Ormoš: Programming languages code is not displayed correctly.
If there is some <code></code> statement in page, the reader is not showing it correctly. I could welcome fix of this problem.
- (2018-02-16, v:1.0.6) terrible
THIS EXTENSION IS TERRIBLE!
- (2017-11-20, v:1.0.6) Jonathan Yao-Bama: Shortcut
Any chance to have a keyboard shortcut to activate the extension?
- (2017-11-07, v:1.0.6) Henry Smith: online pdf
how can I make it work! I click on the eye glasses and absolutely nothing happens!
- (2017-10-31, v:1.0.6) Luca Orlandi: Loads fonts over http not httpS
It loads fonts over HTTP not HTTPS even if the page is loadsed in HTTPS causing dozen of errors in the console because of blocked contents.
- (2017-10-15, v:1.0.6) Lawrence Wolofsky: icon is too light
can you make the toolbar icon darker or more contrast? I can barely see it.
- (2017-10-12, v:1.0.6) Róbert Lexmann: Offline functionality
Extension is able to convert the page into reading format while offline, but there is no way back without reloading. This is the only annoyance in what is otherwise perfect reading mode extension :)
- (2017-08-04, v:1.0.6) Misha Antonenko: Does not work
- (2017-06-26, v:1.0.6) Ben Force: URL Higlight Too Tall
URL's are being highlighted, with a faint yellow box that covers the line above and bellow the URL. This could be because of the site. I'm currently seeing it here: http://www.nltk.org/book/ch00.html
- (2017-06-11, v:1.0.6) Mel schulman: ada Disability
Toolbar icon is almost invisabl to visually imparede