A simple and minimal way to read articles faster.
Reeder - a minimal and open source reader extension for Google Chrome UPDATE: Now fade stop words to skim through articles faster. Skip the stop words while you read through articles, read less and absorb more information. Read any article in a distraction free mode with a clean layout. Just one click to open the reading view on top of any website. Quickly toggle theme between white, yellow and dark theme. To improve reading experience you can easily adjust font size and line height based on your liking. SPEED READING Toggle speed reading mode for faster reading. To know more how it work and how you can speed read, check out this speed reading video from Tim Ferriss : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwEquW_Yij0 The source code of the extension is open source and if you are a developer wanting to contribute, feel free to send a pull request. If you want a specific feature in the extension or just want to say hey, feel free to tweet me @paritosh_pundir.
- (2020-06-27) Ali Hashemian: In right to left languages, the menus are cluttered
- (2020-04-16) Maggie Wang: The best reading tool ever! It magically speeds up my reading pace and makes everything so easy to read with just enough amount of functions. Hope it can be built on or worked with other devices and apps too.
- (2020-03-28) Joshua Gaunt: I agree with others that simplicity is good, but maybe a few more font would be better. This kind of speed reading feature is wanted out there, it shouldn't be limited by a lack of customizability!
- (2020-02-17) Rob Mielcarski: Well done, thank you. One small suggestion to make it better. Please make the background of your dark mode black rather than murky gray.
- (2020-01-31) jeff al: Great
- (2020-01-29) Tさん O: パーフェクト！公開してくれてありがとうございます。 大抵のリーダービューアプリは他のアプリとの併用ができないのですが、こちらのアプリでは完全に動きます。
- (2020-01-05) Stefan Schulz: Nice extension, the resulting pages look good! Two bugs: 1) after the extension brings up the optimized view of the current page, I also have to click on the page to focus the Reeader view - if I don't do that, I can't use the space bar or PgUp/down keys to navigate on the page. A similar extension that I've tried in the past didn't need that extra click, please change this. 2) when an article like https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/12/inside-evil-corp-a-100m-cybercrime-menace/ contains emoticons (🙂), they are being displayed WAY too big by Reeader.
- (2019-10-21) Vadim KOT*: Please implement choose column width, text/background color functionality. Also I like compatibility with translation extensions!
- (2019-10-11) Triết Trương: Simple extension that I need. It will be perfect if you allow user to customize their own font color and background color. Looking forward to your update.
- (2019-09-16) Florian Walther: Love it
- (2019-08-14) Mason Thrall: Love that it requires no permissions.
- (2019-07-28) Narin Lee: 드디어 제대로 된 읽기모드가 나왔군요.
- (2019-06-27) Zain Abideen: The User experience of this extension is amazing.
- (2019-06-22) Web 2: Really goood
- (2019-02-10) Thank to author! It's a cool extension! I've specially searched open source reader extension, that wont require unnecessary permissions.
- (2018-12-29) Stefan Schulz: Nice extension, the resulting pages look good! Small bug: after the extension brings up the optimized view of the current page, I also have to click on the page to focus the Reeader view - if I don't do that, I can't use the space bar or PgUp/down keys to navigate on the page. A similar extension that I've tried in the past didn't need that extra click, please change this.
- (2018-12-29) Marcus Apel: minimal function and open source. perfect