Speed read webpages while learning how to speed read anything.
ShiftReader is a Chrome Extension that helps you speed read online articles, while training your eyes and brain to speed read any other kind of text, like books or newspapers. It implements speed reading techniques taught by the top speed reading courses, popularized by lifelong learners like Tim Ferriss. You'll learn methods that can be applied when reading anything: no more showing you one word at a time, or coloring the letters differently, techniques that only work if you use the right tool on your computer or phone. Download ShiftReader to accelerate your reading and learning, save time, and develop a lifelong skill of speed reading that you can take anywhere.
- (2019-11-14) Chris Van Hoosier: You guys are doing amazing work, this is easily my favorite chrome extension. Bravo.
- (2019-11-09) Stefane Guevremont: Perfect
- (2019-10-13) Christian Genco: What a fantastic improvement from this developer's previous Speed Reading chrome extension, Spreed. I love that I can read faster in the context of the full article instead of just getting flashed a single word at a time—I feel like consistently using this extension would make me a much faster reader even without ShiftReader. The default colors were a little hard on my eyes, and jarring when the rest of my computer is in Dark Mode, but I was able to swap around the colors super easily in the app's settings.
- (2019-10-13) Kirill Yunussov: Thanks, Troy! I've been needing this. A couple of suggestions for the "tour" - to mention that back arrow will take the cursor back a paragraph, and that space button will pause it. Also - would be good to have a help ("?") link with the rest of the controls on top left, which would show all the keyboard shortcuts - Alt S, Back-Arrow, Space, etc.
- (2019-10-13) Tony Shu: Fantastic extension. As a college student who has always struggled with slow reading, this is exactly the kind of tool I need to remove distractions and train myself to read more quickly and with focus. Thank you!