Speed read webpages while learning how to speed read anything.
From the developer of the top speed reading Chrome extension, Spreed, comes a speed reading tool that teaches you how to speed read, while you read in your browser. ShiftReader helps you speed read any text you can open in your browser--news articles, emails, online textbooks, PDFs, even ePUB e-books--while training your eyes and brain to speed read text in any other medium, like books or newspapers. It implements speed reading techniques taught by the top speed reading courses, and popularized by lifelong learners like Tim Ferriss. You'll learn methods that can be applied when reading anything: no more showing you one word at a time, or coloring the letters differently, techniques that only work if you use the right tool on your computer or phone. Download ShiftReader to accelerate your reading and learning, save time, and develop a lifelong skill of speed reading that you can take anywhere. Learn more at our site https://shiftreader.com, or our blog at https://blog.shiftreader.com.
- (2020-04-16) Clark Pearson: This is the best speed reading tool for browsers! My only wish is that it could read Kindle Cloud Reader books. Thanks!
- (2020-04-16) Ali Esmaeel: Excellent app! Would go premium if RTL support is added.
- (2020-04-16) Nomad Wolf: I would say it is a fantastic way of reading. I am still getting my head around it in terms of speed and word chunks, but it is really good overall
- (2020-04-15) Esteban Cancino: WOW best speed reader that i found, thanks a lot , amazing work,
- (2020-04-12) Piyush Kumar: It is wonderful. I am using it to read my study material(firecracker.me/kaplan qbank questions / explanations). It works so well. It doesn't support ePub yet, but dev has plans to support it in future. It also doesn't support pdf either, so I am using online google docs in which I copy and paste the material into. And then I have added keyboard shortcut to start the extension(control shift + x) to start the reader. Since you are here, Also check out Read Aloud : A text to speech voice reader which also supports keyboard shortcuts to control it(actually you have to add it manually in chrome extension settings.) when you have both of them set up. you can switch between speed reading and reading aloud as and when you need to do so.
- (2020-04-02) Patrick Brugger: Exceptional, very well done! Will use it a lot the next couple of days and then seriously think about purchasing it :)
- (2020-03-10) 賈彬: Hi! I found this extension useful. However, it doesn't work with Mandarin. I believe it doesn't work with other Chinese languages. Since there is NO SPACE between words in Chinese languages. As I tried to read in Chinese with ShiftReader, it takes a line as a word. It just doesn't work. The browser Google Chome now can tell Chinese word boundaries. I don't really know how it works but whenever I double click on a Chinese word, it selects that word automatically from the line. It would also work if we can make the pacer just go in a character by character fashion in Chinese. I like this extension. Thank you for this wonderful work. As it works with Chinese. I'll certainly come back with a 5 star review and promote it to all my friends.
- (2019-11-14) Chris Van Hoosier: You guys are doing amazing work, this is easily my favorite chrome extension. Bravo.
- (2019-11-09) Stefane Guevremont: Perfect
- (2019-10-13) Christian Genco: What a fantastic improvement from this developer's previous Speed Reading chrome extension, Spreed. I love that I can read faster in the context of the full article instead of just getting flashed a single word at a time—I feel like consistently using this extension would make me a much faster reader even without ShiftReader. The default colors were a little hard on my eyes, and jarring when the rest of my computer is in Dark Mode, but I was able to swap around the colors super easily in the app's settings.
- (2019-10-13) Kirill Yunussov: Thanks, Troy! I've been needing this. A couple of suggestions for the "tour" - to mention that back arrow will take the cursor back a paragraph, and that space button will pause it. Also - would be good to have a help ("?") link with the rest of the controls on top left, which would show all the keyboard shortcuts - Alt S, Back-Arrow, Space, etc.
- (2019-10-13) Tony Shu: Fantastic extension. As a college student who has always struggled with slow reading, this is exactly the kind of tool I need to remove distractions and train myself to read more quickly and with focus. Thank you!