Read two or three times faster, with SwiftRead. Absorb knowledge and learn more.
Use SwiftRead (formerly known as Spreed), the highest rated and most popular speed reading extension of its kind, to speed read through text in your browser! SwiftRead works on news articles, blog posts, and emails. You can use SwiftRead to speed read whatever text you can copy-paste into SwiftRead. Or, select your text in the browser, right-click, and click "SwiftRead selected text". The PRO version of SwiftRead comes with native support for speed reading PDFs, ePUBs, even Kindle books on Kindle Cloud Reader, as well as many other features to help you read faster and learn more. SwiftRead works by utilizing a visual technique called Rapid Serial Visual Presentation, or RSVP, used by the fastest speed readers in the world. SwiftRead helps you eliminate your inner voice that sounds each word out--known as "subvocalization"--and too much focus on the words themselves, so that you can read more visually, which means faster reading while maintaining comprehension. The average person reads at 200 words per minute; using SwiftRead, you can easily train yourself to read at double the speed, 400 words per minute, or faster. Think of how much time you'd save every day! "This is the first review I've ever written for a browser extension. I bloody love this. Saves me so much time. My baseline reading speed used to be around 230 WPM. Using this for only a week I now read at 500 WPM! Ace work." - James H "I am partially dyslexic and pursuing my doctorate of pharmacy. With SwiftRead I can actually finish reading the online textbook material we're assigned, which I normally would have skipped. SwiftRead has helped me pull up my test scores, and I am eternally grateful." - Wesley W "Truly revolutionary. I've always been a slow reader due to subvocalization; it's not even an issue with SwiftRead and I can read over three times as fast as I did conventionally. Learn all the things!!!" - Joe K SwiftRead is always in development: send me an email at [email protected] with any bugs or features you would find helpful. Sign-up to the SwiftRead mailing list for updates and other goodies! https://swiftread.com NOTE: SwiftRead uses analytics code, such as from Google Analytics, so that I can measure how many people are using the extension. This is to help me make SwiftRead the most helpful it can be! The analytics code cannot see anything you do outside the SwiftRead window, and it only records visits to SwiftRead and button clicks, nothing else. Copyright SwiftRead. All rights reserved. ------------- If the Alt+V shortcut doesn't seem to work: Visit your Chrome extension shortcuts at "chrome://extensions/shortcuts". Verify that "Open SwiftRead, auto extract content" is set to "Alt+V" (or your desired shortcut). -------------
- (2022-09-29) ariel lewin: The best Chrome extension I have ever had. I am in love with this in so many ways. I get through books 3x faster while having increased reading comprehension. The customer service and support you will get is also top-notch! I tell all my friends to get this extension.
- (2022-09-29) Geeta Dwivedi: Loved it as veing a college student. Really needed it, It sorted my college studies. Thank You so much.
- (2022-09-23) Edgar: Este tipo de aplicaciones hacen evolucionar a la sociedad. El creador de esta extensión, debería saber que él está formando parte de la evolución de esta sociedad, ya que con esta herramienta gratuita se crea un antes y un después en la historia de la lectura. Si las personas antiguamente podían leer 10 paginas por ejemplo, hoy en dia se puede leer 30; todo esto gracias a este tipo de herramientas las cuales van a hacer que las personas obtengan el triple de información mucho más rápido que antiguamente y por tanto, sean más productivas. Gracias.
- (2022-09-17) Gyan Sinha: keeps slowing down drastically after 10 words. Need to keep clicking for it to stay at full speed.
- (2022-09-08) Yiğit Öztürk (yiqitozturk): gayet başarılı hiç bir eksiğini ya da sorununu gormedim uzun süredir kullaniyorum tesekkurler boyle bir uygulama için
- (2022-09-07) William Chiu: My wpm increased from 198 wpm to 350 wpm due to the help of SwiftRead Pro. Thank you!
- (2022-09-03) Raymond L: The extension is decent. I wish there is a keyboard shortcut to read selection. Clicking right click and and selecting it on the menu get tedious. Alt+V doesn't work on some sites. And also, Alt+v is too broad so it picks up too much junk.
- (2022-08-31) Fausto Ruvalcaba: SwiftRead has helped me go through text a lot faster and with new improvements also retention. I love how it can read web, PDF, epubs, and even copied text. I'm a happy Pro costumer of SwiftRead, highly recomended.
- (2022-08-30) Viktor Rindom: Seems awesome but for me the extension quickly slows down after about 20 words. I'm using the free version on edge.
- (2022-08-28) Mark Zucc: It was working well when I first got the extension, then after a while it started giving me issues. Freezing, not being able to use all of the functions. For example I was trying to raise the targeted wpm but it did not let me raise it higher. I'm using the latest version of Opera GX
- (2022-08-27) Super Man: Gud
- (2022-08-25) Sandra Priedīte: It doesn't show images when speed reading. That is in fact a huge minus when reading instructional books and articles.
- (2022-08-18) Sarah Upadhyay: Amazing extention. Easy to use and helps make reading seem more fun. The app developer is also great and responsive!
- (2022-08-09) Alejandro Dasbo: I was skeptical at first, but it blow my perspectives, works incredibly well for speed reading, it facilitates long lectures a lot, and I love how fast now I'm able to read and understand articles from the web, the pro version must definitely worth the price, wish I could try it tho, as I don't have the money lol. So, in resume, a must try for your browser, tread your mind with this extension, love it!.
- (2022-08-07) Vladimir Calderon Mendez: Muy buenas noches! Estoy realmente enojado y molesto! instale la aplicación, decidí actualizar a versión pro, la desinstale pues no me gustó y ustedes me continuan haciendo el rebajo de los 3 dólares mensuales!!!..... ladrones! Qué les ocurre!???
- (2022-08-06) Caleb Austin: Extremely well made and effective.
- (2022-07-26) Peter Z.: I think you should patch the app. Constant freezing when turning the pages no matter if it's a pdf or epub. Infinite rolling icon than freeze. It's annoying.
- (2022-07-10) Teresa: Thank you so much! I have had strabismus all my life. Despite therapy and surgery, my eyes do not track together. Despite this, I am a voracious reader. SwiftRead has changed the speed of my reading and I no longer have to read with one eye shut. Would love to have this on my Kindle, which I always have with me, instead of just reading at home on my PC.
- (2022-07-06) Bhushan Ekbote: Awesome
- (2022-06-13) amiro: Amazing App Thank A Lot ... helped me being laser focused on what im reading
- (2022-06-05) Don Lester: So far it has been a great extension.My only concern is with the licensing process. I purchased a lifetime license but I am not sure how to activate it. I hve uninstalled and reinstalled the extension in chrome but I am not sure how to set it up in Microsoft Edge? Other than that, greeat addon.
- (2022-06-05) Cai gi2 nhin: hợp lí
- (2022-06-03) Nathan Bergeron: Truly fantastic tool. I use it everyday. Pro support is also wonderful.
- (2022-06-02) Patrick Andro •: Waw. Just did a quick scroll on chrome extension and stumble upon this amazing extension i wish i install years ago :l This is just pure amazing lmao
- (2022-05-25) Matthew Seecharan: Awesome app, so productive!
- (2022-05-10) Alexander Knyazev: Really great app for fast reading. The feature I like most of all is ePUB Reader. Many thanks to author.
- (2022-05-05) Megan Tanner: I cannot get the sound to work on my computer. I have tried going through all the settings and nothing worked. This extention would be really helpful if it worked.
- (2022-05-03) Mateus lima: simples, sem anuncio, personalizável e gratis, resumindo otima no que faz
- (2022-04-29) ars _: Im from Russia,I can not pay
- (2022-04-13) Zack Sargent: It would be nice if the cursor was hidden while reading. Besides that, it's a great app.
- (2022-04-10) Kerry Pittington: I updated Chrome and realized suddenly there's a new extension. "SwiftRead". I spent a couple minutes trying to figure it out but went to sleep as I was tired at bedtime. The next day I noticed a charge for $2.99 in my bank account? It could be a good extension, I'm not sure, I'll try it again today, but had no idea there was a charge - Hmmm
- (2022-03-21) Larry Swadner: This is an awesome extension. If you are looking to accelerate your reading speed using Kindle, PDFs and web pages this is the one for you. Don't delay - install it today! The developer is super responsive and really provides incredible support. You won't be disappointed.
- (2022-03-14) Omar: I absolutely love this extension! I'm just a day in and can already tell what a massive impact this has on the way, amount, speed, and depth of content that I consume. Whether SwiftRead is right for you or not depends on your situation. Personally, I love how polished it is. Since there's a guarantee I upgraded to Pro. I had no intention of using it for PDFs or kindle books when I upgraded, but as I write this, the thought is exciting. The main competitor to SwiftRead from what I see in the store is the open source SprintRead which allows you to change to any font for free. If font-changing was all I wanted from Pro, I'd probably look there. I am elated I found SwiftRead and will update later after having used it longer.
- (2022-03-03) Insul Therm: Nunca me acostumbre a leer en un libro normal. Pero esta forma resulta especialmente buena después de tratar unas 2 o 3 paginas. Creo que voy a tratar la versión PRO porque vale mucho la pena. TE la recomiendo amplia mente.
- (2022-03-03) Phương Lưu: tốt
- (2022-02-27) Phong Nguyen Gia: this is just the application i have been looking for this entire time, it helps me concentrate more in my reading and also make reading a more enjoyable task. i really recommend you use this extension app when you are about to read long paragraphs, especially the one that you don't really have interest in, it can help you a lot, trust me
- (2022-02-23) Elisa Crovato: Amazing, helpful and makes reading boring topics easier!
- (2022-02-22) Dmitrii Bochenko: The idea itself is brilliant. For book reading very convenient. However, for news and articles would be a nice feature to add “pay attention” for numbers and dates. Also one of the principles of fast reading is focusing on facts (perfect verbs, numbers, dates). It would be nice to have numbers from text or sentences with numbers somehow highlighted or somewhere extracted to the sidebar.
- (2022-02-12) April Hayes: Terrific!
- (2022-02-11) Guilherme Costa: Bom demais
- (2022-02-09) Ole Olsen: Tipp topp tommel opp
- (2022-02-04) Alan Alvarado: The best speed reading extension around, Would love it to see it as a full app.
- (2022-02-02) Leo: Era uma pessoa com certa resistência para ler em telas, agora simplesmente é a minha forma favorita de ler, leio mais, mais rápido e melhor, considerando aderir a versão paga, grato ao desenvolvedor.
- (2022-02-01) Jerry Lambert: Based on my use so far, it's hard to say if it has increased my speed overall. However, Troy got back to me and said that ShiftReader might be a better fit for me, so I'll try that out as well. If you're looking to test your speed, there is a free speed test from Ace Reader. I'm about 250 right now, but I'm trying to get to 400 wpm. We'll see what happens!
- (2022-01-26) Ashley Hoang: The plugin is good. However, the first word of a paragraph always sticks to the last word together with the period mark of the previous paragraph. Please fix that. For example: This is the first paragraph. Then another one. The plugin shows "paragraph.Then" as one word.
- (2022-01-26) ryanlion013: it blows my mind that this actually works. wow
- (2022-01-24) tom creighton: Is it true it no longer supports amazon's cloud reader? That's why I got this. Are you going to support it again?
- (2022-01-24) Mark Mcdonald: I've only had this extension for a few days and my productivity is through the roof. Not only the speed is helpful but it helps concentration by forcing your eyes on the screen, any distractions are deliberate. Some ASL students may find this useful as an aid to concentration. I cannot praise this enough. Thank you, this will probably contribute to my final honors year!
- (2022-01-21) Muzaffer Uckac: eklentiyi satın aldım 30 gün para iadesi diyor iadeyi nasıl yapacağım biri yardım etsin lütfen.ana sayfalarına gidiyorum ne satın alma geçmişi var nede iade et butonu var chrome satn alma geçmişimde yok böyle iş mi olur I bought the add-on, it says 30 days money back, how can I return it, someone please help. I go to their home page, there is neither a purchase history nor a return button, I do not have a chrome purchase history.
- (2022-01-20) Văn Võ: Great extension. I'm searching for a similar app on my android phone? Is there any recommendation?
- (2015-04-18, v:220.127.116.11) Craig Berry: Options Disappear
Things like WPM and the settings on the top of the spreed window disappear a few seconds after press alt+v. How can I get them to stay visible so I can tweak spreed the way I read?
- (2015-04-18, v:18.104.22.168) Craig Burnham: PDF support
Is there a way to use Spreed to read a .pdf?
- (2015-04-14, v:22.214.171.124) Sushma Suresh Babu: Alt+V broken
It stopped working. If I open the "Paate text into Spreed option", it opens the spred window and along with that it opens one window for all the previous attempts. It seems to act as a trigger.
- (2015-04-02, v:126.96.36.199) Jacob Wolf: Alt+V shortcut is broken
Using the hotkeys fails to bring up the spreed window until after using RMB+Spreed, which causes an additional window to appear for each attempt with Alt+V.
- (2015-03-24, v:188.8.131.52) Magnus: Annoying
Clicking the cross on the corner popup to close it opens the window instead.
- (2015-02-05, v:184.108.40.206) Clive HG Lee: can't see the controls, just the single word
only the single word and the slider for the remaining words are visible
- (2015-01-20, v:220.127.116.11) Jon Eckhaus: Taking Over My Web Pages
The Spreed icon will not close and sometimes it takes up the entire screen making it impossible to use any website. This is seriously annoying. How do I uninstall or fix this? Thanks
- (2015-01-18, v:18.104.22.168) Tanmay Patil: Copy and Paste
Can you copy and paste into spreed?
- (2015-01-14, v:22.214.171.124) Anthony Hart: Show header so we know what we're reading
Articles are often separated into different paragraphs, each with a header that lets you know what the paragraph is about. It would be great if the headers were different in some way, or better yet shown in a corner of the reading window while the text under the heading is being read. Here is what I was reading when I thought of this: http://tri.be/update-the-shane-peter-inc-contract/?source=301 Another suggestion would be to show where you are reading "physically" like how Sublime Text 3 shows where you are at in a file, rather than, or in addition to, the current progress bar.
- (2015-01-13, v:126.96.36.199) Emanuel Ramírez: Words at a time
It would be nice to have a higher value of Words at a time, and also more intermediate values for WPM and Font Size, I think it would make progress much easier. By the way, I really like the behavior of this plugin, it is great, thanks.
- (2014-11-20, v:188.8.131.52) kajmaj87: No delay at start
It would be really nice to have an option to turn off the few seconds delay at start and get right to reading.