Read two or three times faster, with SwiftRead. Absorb knowledge and learn faster.
Use SwiftRead (formerly known as Spreed), the highest rated and most popular speed reading extension of its kind, to speed read through text in your browser! SwiftRead works on news articles, blog posts, and emails. You can use SwiftRead to speed read whatever text you can copy-paste or select, right click, and click "SwiftRead selected text" on. The PRO version of SwiftRead comes with native support for speed reading PDFs and Google Docs, as well as many other features to help you read and learn even more, faster. SwiftRead works by utilizing a visual technique called Rapid Serial Visual Presentation, or RSVP, used by the fastest speed readers in the world. SwiftRead helps you eliminate your inner voice that sounds each word out--known as "subvocalization"--and too much focus on the words themselves, so that you can read more visually, which means faster reading while maintaining comprehension. The average person reads at 200 words per minute; using SwiftRead, you can easily train yourself to read at double the speed, 400 words per minute, or faster. Think of how much time you'd save every day! "This is the first review I've ever written for a browser extension. I bloody love this. Saves me so much time. My baseline reading speed used to be around 230 WPM. Using this for only a week I now read at 500 WPM! Ace work." - James H "I am partially dyslexic and pursuing my doctorate of pharmacy. With SwiftRead I can actually finish reading the online textbook material we're assigned, which I normally would have skipped. SwiftRead has helped me pull up my test scores, and I am eternally grateful." - Wesley W "Truly revolutionary. I've always been a slow reader due to subvocalization; it's not even an issue with SwiftRead and I can read over three times as fast as I did conventionally. Learn all the things!!!" - Joe K SwiftRead is always in development: send me an email at [email protected] with any bugs or features you would find helpful. Sign-up to the SwiftRead mailing list for updates and other goodies! https://swiftread.com NOTE: SwiftRead uses analytics code, such as from Google Analytics, so that I can measure how many people are using the extension. This is to help me make SwiftRead the most helpful it can be! The analytics code cannot see anything you do outside the SwiftRead window, and it only records visits to SwiftRead and button clicks, nothing else. Copyright SwiftRead. All rights reserved. ------------- If the Alt+V shortcut doesn't seem to work: Visit your Chrome extension shortcuts at "chrome://extensions/shortcuts". Verify that "Open SwiftRead, auto extract content" is set to "Alt+V" (or your desired shortcut). -------------
- (2021-07-25) Carlos Gonzalez: Excelente extensión, útil y se ayuda a enfocarte en la lectura, sin permitir que otras tareas o pensamientos interrumpan la comprensión de la lectura. ¡Recomendado 100%
- (2021-07-25) Cong Trinh NGuyen: This app is very effective.I hope it can develop more in the future.
- (2021-07-23) VĨNH TRẦN: Tốt, hiệu quả đọc sách tốt
- (2021-07-22) Alan Sampaio da Cruz: Excelente! Realmente é uma ferramenta que auxilia na produtividade!
- (2021-07-22) hung thai: it so good, now i can impove my english reading skill.
- (2021-07-22) Ava flett: just kinda sucked
- (2021-07-15) Haji Ku: Love it! Please give a trial to use some features of the Pro version, such as 7 days before deciding to purchase a license key, Thanks
- (2021-07-14) Tấn Đạt Huỳnh: Phần mềm rất tốt! Cảm ơn Nhà cung cấp app rất nhiều!
- (2021-07-11) Quân Lê: Siêu xịn
- (2021-07-11) An Phúc Hoàng: Niceee
- (2021-07-06) Furkat Shertaev: Очень полезная вещь, я очень рад что нашел такую программу. Она очень помогает освоить ТБЧ. Это лучшее что я нашел в Интернете.
- (2021-07-06) Anon Me: Sleek design. Delivers what it promises. And it's FREE! But seriously, thank you for such a precious software out here—it has helped me so much read journals and papers quickly that even in my normal reading, I do it without sub vocalisation and without losing focus as quickly as I did before. Thank you so much, Team SwiftRead!
- (2021-07-05) Oscar Bolaños: es Genial, me ayuda con mis lecturas de forma rapida
- (2021-06-23) agrisin spr de rl: excelente aplicación, me gusto mucho
- (2021-06-19) Mario Person: instead of being money-friendly, you guys should be customer-friendly and give at least 1 pdf read in a month for free users. you need to give a chance to test extension on PDF files for people.
- (2021-06-14) Lojze Blatnik: I really like the interface, convenience of pressing alt-v and it works almost perfectly on most websites. I really like precise settings and hotkeys (change the defaults to your needs - I turned off micro pauses, but they might help you). I'm a terrible slow reader (I read about 100 wpm, but with this extension around 200-250 wpm which doesn't look a lot, but it's is double, which really helps a lot. I purchased pro the same day for reading kindle which isn't perfect, but works quite ok, definetly worth it for me. I think that some settings might be exclusive too. With other words: I hope it'll be around for long time :)
- (2021-06-10) Cosio Martínez José Miguel: Muy buena para leer textos largos en menos tiempo. 30/10 y GOD
- (2021-06-08) CARLOS ALBERTO: Excelente aplicación, muy funcional, te permite escoger velocidades de lectura e ir aumentando a medida que vas mejorando tu velocidad.
- (2021-05-29) Aabir Mds: So far so goood. the best feature is text marking and directly import it to swiftread.
- (2021-05-28) Misa Gu: Awesome, it saves me tons of time, I usually read at 150 RMP. With this extension I can push my reading speed to 500 RMP without loss of understanding of what I read. Don't know why I can't read faster on my own ))) P.S: comprehansion is your personal ability and NOT related with the extension functionality
- (2021-05-27) Jennifer Fitzpatrick: First of all, thank you. Swiftread has made such a difference in my life. I have monocular vision due to a fairly extreme lazy eye. I had surgeries and weekly visual training appointments my whole childhood. Although my actual ability to see improved, my ability to read with any speed did not. My max reading speed was only about 200 WPM. As you would expect, this caused significant difficulties keeping up in school, especially as I pursued advanced degrees in college. Every ophthalmologist I went to said because I could see clearly through my good eye, my reading speed was not associated with my vision. And I believed it. But just last year I was reading a study in a neuroscience journal about the deficiency of normal, rhythmic saccades (coordinated jumps across text) in people with monocular vision. The article suggested that RSVP may provide a benefit. I tried some samples and I was shocked. Immediately I was able to triple my speed and reading was so much more relaxed and comfortable. After trying several apps and extensions, Swiftread became the clear winner due to reliability, customization of the experience, and working on different document types with the Pro version. I only wish I had known about RSVP years ago. I truly want to send a copy of that article to every ophthalmologist so they can recommend these tools to other people who only read with one eye. Thank you for developing such a great option. I do hope that the ability to use this on the Kindle website is returned. I am sure this change wasn’t your choice and I still use Swiftread every day. But it was a great feature of the Pro version.
- (2021-05-27) Ol Rim: классное только иногда вылетает - памяти мало
- (2021-05-26) Funnimax Edits: amazing
- (2021-05-25) Alexander Calderón: La velocidad que pone es muy diferente al resultado cuando terminas la lectura. Pongo el WPM en 500 pero al terminar me dice que leí 1500 palabras en 5 minutos y 30 segundos ¿No se supone que el WPM son las palabras por minuto? Esas 1500 palabras las debí haber leído en 3 minutos y no en 5 minutos. He estado probando otras extensiones semejantes a estas y esas si terminan las 1500 palabras en 3 minutos a la velocidad de 500 WPM.
- (2021-05-24) SaltLG: I wish Amazon/Kindle wasn't so stingy with their API's and still allowed the use of this in their Kindle Application.
- (2021-05-18) Mike W: Nice extension, but there is no way to change the hot key. My keyboard has the alt and ctrl keys switched, which for some reason causes swiftread to start up for both ctrl-v AND alt-v, making it impossible to use ctrl-v to paste. Might be an edge case but unfortunately I cannot use swiftread without being able to choose a hot key.
- (2021-05-15) joseph trohak: Great. Used the trial for a number of months and then paid for the update. Using it make you feel like you have super powers as you move that speed dial up to 900 WPM! Zoooooooooommmmmmm! Good tech, well implemented. No bugs.
- (2021-05-07) ANGELINA CORONA PEREZ: Me encanta para repasar rapidamente mis textos y he notado que los comprendo mejor
- (2021-05-06) DVAL: after the update, the application began to consume 4 gb of RAM for a half-hour text, and now you have to split the text and close the application so that it is unloaded from RAM
- (2021-04-28) Brandon Tutt: I went through a number of these types of speed reading extentions, and this is by far the best. I wish they had an iPhone app as well.
- (2021-04-25) Mike Searles - The COMEBACK Coach: A Google search for "the best speed reading app for PC" came up with SwiftReader at #1. I immediately upgraded to PRO because I specifically wanted the extra features of reading PDF's and Google Docs swiftly. Works perfectly. I'm 100% satisfied with SwiftReader.
- (2021-04-15) Spencer Chen: Fantastic. This is the only extension I've paid for the pro features and I was happy to do it.
- (2021-04-09) Kendra Chalkley: I like reading this way and I like the extension. But did you have to put the hotkeys on the right hand analogs of WASD, so I can't use my mouse fluently? I understand that I can pay for the pro version and change that, but like... did you purposefully make an *almost* good feature just to point out that it *could* be useful if the default settings were just the default settings that every PC video game ever uses? Edit: Just realized that *all* of the hotkeys are behind the pay wall, not just the ability to customize them. Honestly I feel better about that. You can have your 5th star back. I'll consider going pro if this actually helps me stop avoiding reading papers...
- (2021-04-09) Jesus Ramirez: Excelente aplicación para estudiar !!!!
- (2021-04-05) Braulio Sanchez: buena
- (2021-03-29) Carlos Alvídrez: excelente muchas gracias amplia recomendacion
- (2021-03-29) Jahan Zinedine: Simply wonderful, and generously free without distractions and ads, thanks a lot dude!
- (2021-03-29) Michelle Mercy Guerra: This is from the apparently delusional owner of @swiftread on Twitter. No thanks I will not be supporting pro lifers who do not value quality of life. Patrick 🇺🇸 Read @SwiftRead · Nov 3, 2020 Nov 4, 20 President Trump: "We won FL in a landslide. We won OH & TX, but the #MSM wouldn't even tabulate electoral votes. We're way ahead in MI, NC & WI. Dems can't catch-up & then they stopped counting votes. FRANKLY, WE ALREADY WON THIS ELECTION" #ElectionNight #Election2020
- (2021-03-16) Miguel Cravioto: Muy práctica. Me ahorra tiempo.
- (2021-03-10) Amir H. Shadravan: After using this app my reading completely changed! Now I know how many words per minute I can read and it helps me to improve my reading skills. With SwiftRead you will find out the real reading! On the other hand, Tony is a real savior. He is always there to help. I definitely recommend this extension.
- (2021-03-09) Matías Morales: Lo más útil que nos ha dado internet de lejos. Una maravilla. Yo diría que es arte.
- (2021-03-07) A person On the internet: Amazing
- (2021-03-07) Russel Saldaña: Me gusta :))
- (2021-03-04) edward britto: excelente aplicaciópn
- (2021-03-02) Stephanie Lake: I've been using this app for years now, it's incredibly helpful with the first read over of an academic paper. That's always the toughest hurdle when it comes to reading papers :) I owe a lot to the developer. This is definitely the best speed-reading apps around.
- (2021-02-25) Rick Fleischer: I read things I would otherwise have ignored. My mind tends to drift, so I have to expend some effort to stay in focus for book-sized reads, but this thing is amazing.
- (2021-02-22) Kajetan Grządziel: Odrobinę wolniej pokazuje niż deklaruje w ustawieniach ale nadal jest super
- (2021-02-22) Shivam Yadav: Amazing, Its not just an extension, but blessing for Students with short attention span.
- (2021-02-22) A P: It was once the tool for students, now it no longer functions the same way without payment. It feels dirty to use this as education is no longer the priority, the developer has taken this perfect learning tool and dismantled it for profit. Thank you for holding out the greed for as long as you did, wish you could have held out longer.
- (2021-02-20) JAQUELIN MONTIEL: excelente herramienta para apoyarnos en la lectura ya que podemos modificar a nuestro antojo la velocidad, tamaño y cuantas palabras por minuto deseamos leer.
- (2015-04-18, v:18.104.22.168) Craig Berry: Options Disappear
Things like WPM and the settings on the top of the spreed window disappear a few seconds after press alt+v. How can I get them to stay visible so I can tweak spreed the way I read?
- (2015-04-18, v:22.214.171.124) Craig Burnham: PDF support
Is there a way to use Spreed to read a .pdf?
- (2015-04-14, v:126.96.36.199) Sushma Suresh Babu: Alt+V broken
It stopped working. If I open the "Paate text into Spreed option", it opens the spred window and along with that it opens one window for all the previous attempts. It seems to act as a trigger.
- (2015-04-02, v:188.8.131.52) Jacob Wolf: Alt+V shortcut is broken
Using the hotkeys fails to bring up the spreed window until after using RMB+Spreed, which causes an additional window to appear for each attempt with Alt+V.
- (2015-03-24, v:184.108.40.206) Magnus: Annoying
Clicking the cross on the corner popup to close it opens the window instead.
- (2015-02-05, v:220.127.116.11) Clive HG Lee: can't see the controls, just the single word
only the single word and the slider for the remaining words are visible
- (2015-01-20, v:18.104.22.168) Jon Eckhaus: Taking Over My Web Pages
The Spreed icon will not close and sometimes it takes up the entire screen making it impossible to use any website. This is seriously annoying. How do I uninstall or fix this? Thanks
- (2015-01-18, v:22.214.171.124) Tanmay Patil: Copy and Paste
Can you copy and paste into spreed?
- (2015-01-14, v:126.96.36.199) Anthony Hart: Show header so we know what we're reading
Articles are often separated into different paragraphs, each with a header that lets you know what the paragraph is about. It would be great if the headers were different in some way, or better yet shown in a corner of the reading window while the text under the heading is being read. Here is what I was reading when I thought of this: http://tri.be/update-the-shane-peter-inc-contract/?source=301 Another suggestion would be to show where you are reading "physically" like how Sublime Text 3 shows where you are at in a file, rather than, or in addition to, the current progress bar.
- (2015-01-13, v:188.8.131.52) Emanuel Ramírez: Words at a time
It would be nice to have a higher value of Words at a time, and also more intermediate values for WPM and Font Size, I think it would make progress much easier. By the way, I really like the behavior of this plugin, it is great, thanks.