Tool extension that enables effective window positioning/placement in multi-monitor setups
* Flexible positioning options via Rules concept * Multi-monitor support * Validation of rules configuration against existent Monitor. * Easy monitor detection * Configuration templates support. It enables user profiles in large organizations and distributed environments. * Automatic manual positioning detection that saves into existent rules. * Default monitor support, for intelligent monitor pre-selection. * Custom positions support
- (2020-07-01) Rafael Busch: Bom
- (2019-04-02) A total lifesaver! Using it for a call center with dual-screen stations where we needed to force our "preview" pop to the secondary screen. Works like a charm!
- (2019-03-24) Lubor Černý: BEAUTIFUL DYNAMIC LAYOUTS EASILY! MultiWindow Positioner let you open multiple pages at once in desired window layout,only by clicking on bookmarks folder. No need to extra actions, like click on icon in bar or manage each layout separetly. ONLY ONE USEFUL EXTENSION IN PRACTICE. Other window positioners, separators and layout managers are not useful in practice, I tested all of them ;)
- (2019-01-06) Fede G: Muy útil y flexible.
- (2017-10-18) Gregory Morozov: Was looking for this functionality for a long time. Many thanks!
- (2017-04-25) Jennifer Adler: Works like a charm. Thanks!
- (2016-12-05) Stefan Zohren: Cool stuff! Makes me and the colleagues who use it happy!
- (2016-12-02) Sebastian: AWESOME!
- (2016-12-01) Pascal: Great tool extension. Excactly what i need. Tanks a lot. :)
- (2016-11-23) Bianca Roibu: Thank you! It makes my life bit easier :)
- (2020-11-19, v:1.0.18) Robert Carlile: Saved Window settings keeps not saving
Hi I keep saving my settings for a website to open on my 2nd monitor. It works fine and then once i exit out of setup for a few minutes the settings refresh to open on my main monitor again. How do i make it so the settings are saved?
- (2020-10-09, v:1.0.18) Jered Weaver: Not Working
I cannot seem to get it to work. I have put my sites in but when i open chrome it goes to the old pages. Nothing happens. Probably something i am doing wrong.
- (2020-09-24, v:1.0.18) Brandon Fudge: Running the Task
I believe I have the extension set up correctly with URLs specified to be pulled up on each of my my monitors. After that I do not know how to run the task? Is it when a new instance is opened or is it when the extension is activated in some way?
- (2020-08-03, v:1.0.18) Fernando Speck de Souza: MultiWindow Positioner extension is no longer recognizing my second monitor
About four days ago, all the Chrome windows that were programmed to open on the second monitor are opening on the first. I have done all the tests possible, but the problem persists. By the way, when I click on the "Detect Monitors" button (in options), it only recognizes the first one. I highlight that the two monitors are working perfectly and are properly recognized by Windows.
- (2020-07-22, v:1.0.18) Tim Bolin: dev tools on second monitor?
until the most recent chrome release, this was never an issue... but now, whenever i open the dev tools, it opens on the main monitor, no matter what i do... i can move it to the second monitor, but if i close it then re-open it, its back on the main monitor instead of the secondary. can this extension be used to force the dev tools window to always open on the second monitor? if so, how do i configure it for that? thanks!
- (2020-06-11, v:1.0.18) Sloop Jon B old: Is there a way to launch with specific coordinates and size?
I love your extension. Originally I used a shortcut to launch a tab on my third monitor maximized (1920x1080) and the extension really helped. I upgraded to a 2560x1440 monitor and use Dell display manager to partition the display. I'd really like to have the tab open at the top corner of the screen (-2243,-1440) and with a 1939x1405 window. Can this be done (even if I need to make some manual code changes)?
- (2020-03-20, v:1.0.18) Lubor Černý: Little feedback
Hello Igor, MultiWindow Positioner is great extension, it is reason why I`m using it. Since You are writing new version, I would like to give You some little feedback. Features I`m missing most are: 1. Window in corner position, only halfs are not enough for multiple huge displays. 2. URL matching should support regex. It allow to differentiate various pages on same URL. 3. More descriptive icon, current mustache man is funny, but I cant find extension after longer time period. ;) Great work, keep going on !
- (2020-02-06, v:1.0.18) Jason Langan: MultiMonitor - Same URL
First off, great plugin :) I was hoping this was possible, this was well done.. My goal is to create a video player that can launch new browser windows for different videos to play on different monitors simultaneously.. the videos will be on the same site (say youtube), just different URLs. Would it be possible to add some kind of parameter to the URL that indicated which monitor loaded which video from the same site? Even defining the rules with specific links would work.. but currently it seems to load each link from the same site in the same location.. Keep up the good work!
- (2020-02-03, v:1.0.18) Amador Adrover Bergas: Un Monitor y una tablet
Debo activar el monitor de una tablet junto con el pc para firmas de pedidos y no consigo detectar el monitor de la tablet. Como debo hacerlo? Gracias
- (2019-11-27, v:1.0.18) Luiz Henrique Ricken: 2 monitor
como configuro a tecla para 2 monitor no mac?
- (2018-12-01, v:1.0.16) Vincent Cheung: Advise
Is it possible to make both imported links launch automatically (on/off) after open Chrome?
- (2018-10-30, v:1.0.16) Gary Doski: multiple tabs on 4 different monitors
I have 4 monitors running concurrently. Using Chrome, I have dragged about 15 tabs grouped in same window on monitor 2 (main), then about 7 tabs in one window on monitor 3, and another 10 tabs on monitor 4. Everytime I have to restart windows all the tabs open but only on monitor 2 (main). Then I have to manually drag my tabs to monitors 3 & 4. Is there a way I can get Chrome (or windows) to restart with all the tabs on the propor monitors?
- (2018-06-29, v:1.0.16) Thanit Keatkaew: Prent Windows focus
Now after popup by this rule chrome. window.open('https://www.youtube.com'); and focus in popup window but I need to focus back to parent windows, How can I do like this ?
- (2018-06-24, v:1.0.16) question
need to run a windows program ona chrome bvook
- (2018-06-20, v:1.0.15) How does it work?
Hey, i added your addon and imported the template. i created 2 rules: main monitor google not main monitor: facebook saved but how does i start it? if i press the monitors button two windows spawn for some seconds. does this addon work together with the tab rotation addon? (it switches tabs every 30 seconds)? best regard
- (2018-02-28, v:1.0.10) Garth MacLeod: Will only work on one monitor?
Have 2 monitors, but it only seems to work on one. Even the test button seems to put the window with 1 and 2 on the same (main) window. Is this because my monitors are "generic pnp"? I can't get the drivers to install for them, but they work correctly and windows numbers them.