Shows a count of words and characters when you type in a text box on a website
- (2021-11-19) Anh Vũ Dương: Useful and simple, recommended
- (2021-10-26) Pat MySecret: Nicely helpful. This extension is a notch above the all-too-many similar ones, but the pop-up is either out of easy visual range in the lower right or blocks my vision in a frequently used upper right zone. What is great about this extension is that it does a "live" count vs a click-and-see. I doubt many will need the Counting time. I've noticed that it doesn't work in Reader View extension renditions. My other counter works in one of the readers. Additional feature is that clicking icon will pop up an editing box, and let's you "remember text" (save) so that you can add more text later. It gives you a Markdown function for those in-the-know. I very much like the author's "Pastel New Tab" extension too.
- (2021-10-23) J S: Hands down the best extension currently available for this purpose. I use this along with Capture2Text & Rename Tab to quickly keep track of word counts for all open tabs, & the distance of the number of words from the column that says "Words" means the OCR recognises the number seperately from the word, alowing me to paste the number first so it stays visible, & not need to remove words when entering the new name name.
- (2021-02-25) Sena Burt: Somehow it didn't work. Whether I typed, or highlited text, it showed no sign of it's presence. I gave it all the permisions and access required, but it still didn't work for me.
- (2020-12-19) Oliver Bergqvist: Shortcut thing good
- (2020-12-17) Renaud Laheurte: The app is doing the job great ! However when I'm not using it there is a bug. When I'm doing some text editing on Wordpress, it somehow add "WordsCharactersReading time" at the bottom of my text every single time I open the text editor. So had to switch it OFF.
- (2020-03-04) Alexandru Ion: When I write articles on my blog editor it automatically adds "WordsCharactersReading time". Each time I edit my article it adds that specific text. Except this, the app works perfectly and it's the best one for this specific task.
- (2019-12-03) Przemysław Janikowski: Not only does it calculate almost exactly as Word does (which was my specific need), but it is unbelievably unobtrusive (no need to click anything after the highlight) and does not break down with languages other than English. I'm completely satisfied.
- (2019-03-10) Brian Latimer: An excellent extension. Stays out of the way until you need it, and takes up no more space than absolutely necessary when in use.
- (2018-10-12) Younus: Best