Shows a count of words and characters when you type in a text box on a website
- (2022-11-08) Dr.Ne0Gen3tic (Forensic Buro of Quantum): This "Word Counter" is really, the best! While you mark sentences and words, word by word, the characters are displayed in the bottom right in a small "mini pop-up window"! The only one here in the store that offers and solves this so beautifully and elegantly with dark mode! This form is the best and so I have been looking for this really long! But I use this one already now a year about! Can I really only recommend, is also very accurate! For translators with character limits, this is really a blessing, because you can translate so much more efficiently! Thank you, for this little gem of browser extension!
- (2022-01-31) Юрій Гец: Не считает русские или украинские слова и считает пробелы как символы.
- (2021-12-02) Michael Bode: It's nice but there is definitely room for improvement. It's rather unobtrusive, which is a plus, and it basically gets the job done. Alas it doesn't work in some cases, because ist doesn't check whether the div it creates for it's output actually exists in the page. The div gets attached to the document body on setup and is afterwards just presumed to be present, which on single page apps is absolutely not guaranteed. Why not check in your code if your div is actually there, and create it on the fly if it isn't? Another thing is, and that's the one that prevented me from giving more than 2 stars, that it floods the console with messages. Every keystroke in a text field, results in a console message. I presume that this is not intentional but it's an absolute no go. Addition: Other reviewers reported, that they get "WordsCharactersReading time" output. This seems to affect richtext editors, like TinyMCE for example, that use an iframe for text input. As the output div for the plugin gets attached to *every* body tag found on the page, it also gets attached to the body of the richtext editor's iframe. But, as the iframe does not have access to the css of the surrounding page, the div doesnt't get styled properly. Simple solution would be to attach only to the first body tag of a page.
- (2021-11-19) Anh Vũ Dương: Useful and simple, recommended
- (2021-10-26) Pat MySecret: Nicely helpful. This extension is a notch above the all-too-many similar ones, but the pop-up is either out of easy visual range in the lower right or blocks my vision in a frequently used upper right zone. What is great about this extension is that it does a "live" count vs a click-and-see. I doubt many will need the Counting time. I've noticed that it doesn't work in Reader View extension renditions. My other counter works in one of the readers. Additional feature is that clicking icon will pop up an editing box, and let's you "remember text" (save) so that you can add more text later. It gives you a Markdown function for those in-the-know. I very much like the author's "Pastel New Tab" extension too.
- (2021-10-23) First Last: Hands down the best extension currently available for this purpose. I use this along with Capture2Text & Rename Tab to quickly keep track of word counts for all open tabs, & the distance of the number of words from the column that says "Words" means the OCR recognises the number seperately from the word, alowing me to paste the number first so it stays visible, & not need to remove words when entering the new name name.
- (2021-02-25) Sena Burt: Somehow it didn't work. Whether I typed, or highlited text, it showed no sign of it's presence. I gave it all the permisions and access required, but it still didn't work for me.
- (2020-12-19) Oliver Bergqvist: Shortcut thing good
- (2020-12-17) Renaud Laheurte: The app is doing the job great ! However when I'm not using it there is a bug. When I'm doing some text editing on Wordpress, it somehow add "WordsCharactersReading time" at the bottom of my text every single time I open the text editor. So had to switch it OFF.
- (2020-03-04) Alexandru Ion (adleras): When I write articles on my blog editor it automatically adds "WordsCharactersReading time". Each time I edit my article it adds that specific text. Except this, the app works perfectly and it's the best one for this specific task.
- (2019-12-03) Przemysław Janikowski: Not only does it calculate almost exactly as Word does (which was my specific need), but it is unbelievably unobtrusive (no need to click anything after the highlight) and does not break down with languages other than English. I'm completely satisfied.
- (2019-03-10) Brian Latimer: An excellent extension. Stays out of the way until you need it, and takes up no more space than absolutely necessary when in use.
- (2018-10-12) Younus: Best