Keep track of how you spend your time on the web.
Web Timer is a simple and intuitive extension that lets you keep track of how you're spending your time on the web. Web Timer keeps track of the tab that you are actively using and updates its stats every 3 seconds. Features: - Helps you visualize the time you're spending by displaying the data in a pie chart - Keeps track of stats for today, daily average, and all-time - Stops counting if your machine is idle for more than 30 seconds - Only counts time when Chrome has focus - Shows the number of minutes spent on current website over the icon - Easily share your Web Timer stats with friends Instructions: - Use the options page to avoid tracking certain sites Note: I originally sold the extension (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/web-timer/ggnjbdfgigejghknieofeahaknkjafim?hl=en) but it seems that the buyer is injecting redirects and other suspicious behavior so I'm uploading a clean copy. The source code for this extension is at https://github.com/dskang/webtimer
- (2021-10-11) Nourin F: The information it gives is not accurate.
- (2021-04-05) Jude Schauer: Exactly what I needed. No frills, just tracks time.
- (2021-01-20) Avi Aryan: Sometimes it feels inaccurate like I only saw a site for few seconds and it shows as 2 mins. Maybe it counted it when it was inactive (different tab).
- (2020-08-14) iPollux: Could you add Chinese?
- (2020-07-14) Ruiyao Luo: Everything is great. But it seems like not going well with the latest version of chrome (lost history records). Fix will very much appreciated
- (2020-04-13) lyscop li: It a nice extension. I suggest to add the function that user can choice the day, it shows today's activities, now I want to look yesterday's activities and it can not be shown. Thanks.
- (2020-02-07) Mason: It does track, however is very innacurate at least for me. Stated I only spent 10 minutes on youtube, but I was watching a 30 minute video. After a day of use said I spent an hour on it, but I know I spent at least three. It seems to stop tracking once you stop interacting with the window which is useless for any media pages.
- (2019-04-11) Michelle Lee Tran: THIS EXTENSION IS SO GREAT soooooo great
- (2018-09-27) Caleb Peters: Useful if you wanna see how much time you waste on YouTube. Maybe add a way to see all the sites' times though, as everything in the "Other" category can't be viewed and I would like to view them.
- (2018-08-21) Joel: This seems to be the only time tracker that tracks time on a site even when the window is not focused, which is something I have really wanted. an option to turn on/off unfocused time tracking per site would be nice though, because although it works real nice for youtube/netflix i don't really need facebook to be tracking time when its unfocused.
- (2018-04-16) Acid Brain: Does not count the time you spent watching videos on YouTube
- (2018-02-27) 御礼: Can not record my browsing time on Youtube and Netflix (watch the video)
- (2018-01-02) Marcus Valentino: I've used this extension for years and its the only chrome site time tracker that is both accurate and easy to read. It's perfect.
- (2017-12-12) Ravindra Mardhekar: One of the best web uses(time spend) counter for personal.It can monitor how much time spend you on internet.
- (2017-11-16) Carl-Cyril Dreue: Always loved this extension. Happy to read that the developer uploaded a new clean version. Only thing I mis is a way to download the data as a backup and perhaps have more options for viewing/analyzing stats.
- (2017-11-13) Bryan Sentes: The older version would cease to time webpages not being viewed, but the newer version seems to time a page for as long as it's open, whether it's being interacted with or not...
- (2018-07-18, v:1.4.8) Sebastian Dunning: To help make better
One thing that is lacking, it that it doesn't register if you're watching full screen; such as if youre watching netflix and stuff
- (2018-06-27, v:1.4.8) guimblon: Not counting time
It doesn't count the time in full screen (or the inactivity kicks in, even if you are watching something), please make the inactivity feature a option that can be turned off.
- (2018-02-11, v:1.4.8) Minutes to hours
I wish the count in the toolbar switched to hours after 60 minutes. When it reaches over 100 you cant see the whole thing.
- (2018-02-08, v:1.4.8) Ako Zoom: malware ? goog identified what ?
how to be confident if goog is not ? .. Please communicate to explain what sort of malware or anything bad thing you may have insert in this ? thank you to any good answer. It appears no problem , but ?
- (2018-01-16, v:1.4.8) Badtz Maru: Incorrectly counting time
This extension used to stop counting time that you were on a webpage while you were in another app. Now while I am in a game, it continues to count the time as if I am on the website. This makes the time basically useless, as I always leave my browser open. Please revert it back to the way that it used to be.
- (2017-12-21, v:1.4.8) Matthew Dollar: Extension for Microsoft Edge
I would be ecstatic if 'Web Timer' was compatible with Microsoft Edge. I primarily use Microsoft Edge and I want to be able to easily measure how I spend my time on Edge.
- (2017-12-12, v:1.4.8) hde hertz: Stop the time
Is there an option to stop the counter do Web Timer when we are not on the computer?Thanks!
- (2017-11-28, v:1.4.8) Isaac Kimberly: Malware
Google marked this as malware? Whats up with that? Really?
- (2017-11-19, v:1.4.8) Malware Web Timer
Hello Dan Kang, could you somehow solve this problem about malware ? Google's robots tag this as malware. I need my lost stats from your great app. Can I somehow export my usage data ?What about inport to new extension ?? Tahnks so much for reply https://www.tomsguide.com/us/chrome-extension-security-problems,news-26082.html
- (2017-11-16, v:1.4.8) Carl-Cyril Dreue: Req: Ability to backup data
Could you add a way to download the data as a backup and perhaps have more options for viewing/analyzing stats.