Keeps track of how much time you spend on various web sites.
Helps users track how much time they spend on various web sites. Please email feature requests to: [email protected] or file issues on the project page: https://github.com/navjagpal/browser-timetracker/issues This project is open source.
- (2020-08-25) Herman Wolf: I'm looking for an extension that tells me how much time I spent in each specific Google Sheets/Docs/Slides/etc document. Unfortunately Time Tracker's highest resolution is the domain, which isn't granular enough for my needs. I need to know how much time I spent on each individual Google Doc and Google Sheet.
- (2020-02-16) flower: I watched 1 hour video on youtube but extension think i spent only 16 min on youtube.
- (2018-04-21) stewart hunt: been using for about a month on my laptop only - and i love it so far - very simple but does exactly what i need - just a total of the time i spend on specific sites and the total time for all ...
- (2018-04-13) Anbudan Shakthi: It is very helpful. I can track where do I spend more time. It really increases the productivity.
- (2017-11-19) Carlos Alcantara: It's a really great extensions and I've been using it for half a year already. It's so interesting to see what my internet habits are but I've actually been deleting the data weekly. I just sort of now wish that there is an automatic download option for the csv file every time it's about to delete it or something like that
- (2017-07-19) Google User: It's great. Only thing missing is syncing across devices. https://developer.chrome.com/extensions/storage can be used by developer to achieve that probably.
- (2017-01-30) Hiển Nguyễn: very good
- (2017-01-12) Tiza Hex: It does what it promises to do. One thing I would love to see from this extension is the tracking not only of my active time(moving the mouse, or using the keyboard) but also the total time I spent on a page, for example watching a video on Youtube or reading a long post on Facebook. Keep up the good work.
- (2016-10-29) Raj Kumar Singh: Great extension!
- (2016-09-01) Very useful. Does the extension track time on all browser tabs, whether active or not?
- (2016-04-12) Sabyasachi Ghosh: Very helpful; does what it's supposed to. Daily breakdown would be helpful as others have suggested.
- (2016-03-24) Hưng Lê Quốc: good
- (2016-01-13) Goran Duskic: Time tracker is an awesome plugin! I've been using it for over a year now, and since I am an Internet entrepreneur, most of my work is done online. By tracking opened tabs, I was able to make better decisions for my business and personal development. I increased my productivity, once I realized how much time I spent on time wasting websites, and I increased my income once I started improving the numbers of "spending time" on certain quality websites! Thanks Nav for listening and executing on the request I had!
- (2015-11-19) Benjamin X Yang: It is working, but there is another extension with better visual design.
- (2015-11-17) Veronica Meeks: I had a similar app for Firefox that would give you a detailed analysis of how much time you're spending on the sites per day, week, and month. I was hoping to get something like this for Chrome.
- (2015-07-18) Momma Lion: Used this app for years. Very valuable. Helped combat time distortions caused by mood with factual evidence. No, I didn't waste the whole day, I only spent 15 minutes on facebook. Yes, you were very inefficient another day, you spent 2 hours in that flame war on tumblr. Why? Very useful data. Of course, you have to manually reset it everyday which can be hard to remember in the beginning.
- (2015-02-17) Kiran Kumar: Very useful extension. Only problem as of now is it doesn't show what range of days that the data is taken or when was the last time the stats were reset.
- (2015-01-14) Zachary Leonard: I have multiple screens and this doesn't track tabs not in focus but still displaying.
- (2014-10-27) Géza Kiss: It works as expected.
- (2014-09-01) Luciana Veronese: I would make if more useful by adding some sort of alarm that could ring or pop up after we set a certain amount of time for being at a website, and make it more useful than only showing statistics. I could really find the extension applicable or helpful.
- (2014-08-07) Hugo van der Merwe: Cool concept, simple and straight forward. But I think it doesn't detect if a window loses keyboard focus (e.g. I have two Chrome profiles, one for work, one for private, and having this time tracker in both can result in double-counted time, even when one of the two is on a "different desktop" (not even visible). I haven't tested enough to see when such a timer times out and pauses. More significantly, it doesn't seem to track my shell (Chrome app running as a free-standing Window). Perhaps I need to find a time tracker for my OS, rather than for Chrome, if I want to solve this thoroughly.
- (2014-06-22) Nazmus Sakib: Not bad
- (2014-06-12) Michael Jarrett: Nice little tool. Here's some suggestions for improvement: - A day-by-day stat would be even more useful, as I could track my time for different days, e.g. work-days or weekend-days. - An hourly stat would allow me to track my time at work or home. Now it's all accumulated and I don't know when or where I spent the time. - Also, if the time would be presented in the format hh:mm:ss It would be better readable.
- (2014-04-06) Mukul Gupta: Simple plugin but has limited functionality. Only provides stats since you last reset it. Is not suitable for someone wanting to monitor daily, weekly, monthly productivity.
- (2014-02-24) Philipp Munin: Options do not work: - Cannot add new web site to ignore list - Set Idle checkbox, but when come back - it's unchecked again
- (2014-02-20) Nathan Bailey: Very useful. I would like to see a clear stats daily/on new session type thing and when the stats were last cleared. Also maybe not showing things that had less than a certain % of time (like 1% or whatever).
- (2014-02-19) Jayesh Chandrapal: Wonderful small extension that works nicely. However lot of things can be improved and I would like to contribute in the development. There are small defects which can be fixed quickly. Let me know "owner" if you would like me to help you. Thanks.