Lets you Enable/Disable a Pi-Hole with out opening a new tab.
Remote Switch for Pi-Hole to enable and disable the server with the specified time provide by the user without having to open a new tab. No other installs are required Select the amount of time you want to disable Pi-Hole for and press Disable. When it is disabled you are enable it by the button. IMPORTANT: In order to make this work all you have to do is get the API key from the Pi-Hole server and enter it in the option page for the add-on. It will be in form of a QR code, use a phone and convert it to text, Or use "cat /etc/pihole/setupVars.conf | grep WEBPASSWORD=" on the server. There is no install needed on the server. If you try and Disable/enable and receive an "API Error", check the API key in the option page. This is not an official Pi-Hole application. Pi-hole® is a registered trademark of Pi-hole LLC” or “FTLDNS™ is a trademark of Pi-hole LLC
- (2020-04-14) Roger Diotte: April 2020 OMG I love this extension! So simple to use and it does work! Once you get your API key and enter it if you go to your Pi-hole webpage admin and click the raspberry pi extension to Off you'll see your Domains On Blocklist (from your Dashboard) turn to 0. Your now browsing wide open so be careful! I like this easy access to post product reviews at stores since they usually don't post due to ad-blockers LOL.
- (2019-12-07) Ash Scott: Really great and so, so useful for those occasions when click on a Google ad link is necessary. How could I make this work outside of Chrome? On mobile for example?
- (2019-12-06) Greg Johnson: Clearly broken. Tried using it on 12/6/2019 with Chrome Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit) and it simply doesn't work. After pasting the Raw API Token and saving, I am presented with "Saved Successful!", but I never get a notification icon that says Pi-hole is enabled or disabled and when I click the icon, the button text says "Test".
- (2019-11-03) André Gurgel: RFC: In Options page, accept a default number of minutes to Disable. If > 0 the UI icon acts as an auto on-off switch - no UI dialog. (still accepts manual clicking to disable). If = 0 UI behaves as before (asks for minutes). Github shows v2.0 but the Chrome extension option page show v1.0. What gives? Mr. Yoder, your extension is a bless!
- (2019-10-13) Florian Casse: Please update extension to allow the use of a custom pihole URL...
- (2019-10-05) David Berry: AWESOME
- (2019-09-24) Chris Schwarz: Works under Pi-hole Version v4.3.1 without any problems.
- (2019-09-03) Darrell Van Meter: Just plain does not work. Don't waste your time. Put in the proper plain text API key and it does nothing. Hit the "Test" button and nothing happens.
- (2019-06-26) Marc Bernard Schauber: Works perfectly, and invaluable time saving tool. Now if we can only get one to add the current domain to the black/white list, that would be awesome!
- (2019-04-20) Diego López: Funciona de maravilla! el creador postea en el blog oficial de pi-hole y tiene los datos en GitHub. Tampoco pide permisos a nada extraño, solo a pi.hole/admin , todo correcto!
- (2019-04-15) David Wietfeld: Could you add an option to edit the pi-hole url directly from within the extension.
- (2019-04-13) Sylvain D: Works as intended. Thank you !
- (2019-04-05) abcd efgh: in principle it's a good idea but it's not working for me. I checked the API key multiple times, but when I disable Pi-Hole with this API by clicking on "Test" the pihole admin page doesn't recognize any change, in other words the pihole doesn't get disabled. Does the API need the webinterface not to have a password or is there something like an errorlog?
- (2018-12-17) Matt Park: Works fine. even seems to clear the DNS cache somehow
- (2018-11-20) Owain Baber: Worked at first, after reinstalling my PiHole installation and updating the API key it no longer works.
- (2018-10-25) works great! thx
- (2018-08-18) Ryan McCullough: Useless. It will only stay enabled for roughly 10 seconds before disabling again.
- (2018-08-10) Neil Gobioff - Gobioff Foundation: This makes my life so much easier. No more going through multiple steps to disable so I can monitor analytics for a website. THANK YOU!
- (2018-08-01) Richard K: Works. I'm happy about that. Thanks!