Double-click (double tap) on a link to open it in a new Tab. Designed for tablets and laptop trackpads.
Designed specifically for touch-screen tablets and laptops with trackpads (which don't have a right-click mouse button). It works similar to the "open link in new tab" option in the popup menu when you right-click on a link, but this method is faster, because right-clicking is a slow process without an external mouse. No longer will you have to hold down the button and wait for the popup menu, or perform complex mouse gestures to accomplish this seemingly common task. Just double tap or double click on the link to open it in a new tab. In the settings window you can change whether (1) tabs open at front; (2) tabs open next to current tab; (3) blacklist certain websites.
- (2022-08-06) Keanu M: Wow, it takes me a long time to find this plugin. Thanks.
- (2022-03-25) David Smalley: So it works for Android (kiwi browser), but not quite as described. It will only open the new window on top, despite it being set to "open to background". If you could fix that, Of give 5 stars all day and tell all my friends!
- (2021-10-13) prashant dawar: Works as described.
- (2021-08-15) W. R. P: Absolutely brilliant! Works as described. Double tap and a new window opens up.
- (2021-04-18) Luis Rivas: it's what I've always been looking for, thanks to the developer for creating it but I would like it to have more customization options like triple click or (some key + # clicks).
- (2021-02-06) wenlong Y: thank you
- (2020-08-10) Davide F. (RED): Funziona perfettamente! Quel che dice fa, veramente pratica. Ottimo lavoro! Ce n'era bisogno dato che Chrome non provvede a queste funzionalità!
- (2020-07-17) Sean Yu: Very useful! I wonder why Chrome doesn't have the option to open the link in a new tab automatically...
- (2020-04-05) Mary McGhee: FINALLY...an extension that lets me open the links I want to (and ONLY the ones I want to) in a new tab, one-handed, on a laptop with a trackpad (no mouse, no right-click button). It's easy to use and it works flawlessly. I think I tried every other Chrome extension for opening links in a new tab before I found this one. I gave up and deleted all the rest but this one I'm keeping. Thanks!!
- (2020-02-19) V T C: Good idea, but breaks the Watch Later and Add to Queue links on Youtube thumbnails. It causes the video to launch on the same tab.
- (2020-02-08) B Branden: At the youtube.com website double clicking on a link in the side bar brings up the title of the chosen video but NOT the video itself. The video is the same both before and after the double click.
- (2019-12-04) valkyria086: At first i thought it was kinda awkward to use, but now after a long time using i felt awkward of not using it.
- (2019-01-27) Color Bars: It works exactly as described. Using surface book in tablet mode, this is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks devs. Definitely a time saver for opening new links as tabs in background.
- (2019-01-17) Axel KILIMAN: Awesome ! thank you, i'm using this on chrome + firefox now, just what i needed :)
- (2018-08-01) Nazmul Hossain: Nice
- (2018-01-23) Went looking for a "right click link opens new tab" extension, but found one this instead. Works flawlessly and it's exactly what I was looking for. Great extension, highly recommend!
- (2017-12-27) Ryan Jack: A very simple and effective double-click to open links in a new tab. SUPERB! Many thanks.
- (2022-07-29, v:0.5.5) Lewin Day: Doesn't work on Twitter's notifications page
I would like to use this to open Tweets on a new tab when viewing them in Twitter's Notifications panel. This works when middle-clicking the Tweets, but doesn't work when double-clicking with tap to tab.
- (2021-07-17, v:0.5.5) margaret rosita hector: mile Gestures and Tablet
Hi i Really Like what you're Doing with All These different varieties of Gestures Extensions and i really think you only should give your focus on updating The most important ones which is Tablet gestures and mile give Them Abilities of Launching pages Like crx and smooth i think A Rare feature you probably doesn't know About yet exist and its clearly the most important Thing A custom gesture app can do right well yeah obviously duh ikr Thats why i wanna see it ik its very useful Extremely and will be much Help to Who ever comes in contact which is gonna be many people it certainly will be A top add on in the store of extensions in many videos and stuff Also tab switching by swiping Left or Right Like in Mobile chrome android a very important custom gesture aswel both are impossible to sleep on cause theyre wayyy too powerful and to not take any Notice of i believe in you keep doing what you do best gesture Extensions Tablet and mile nothing else matters
- (2019-07-29, v:0.4.1) Mark Kenny: Unchecked runtime.lastError messages in console log
Excellent extension, works brilliantly. One tiny problem, as a web developer I use the console log all day. This extension is adding an "Unchecked runtime.lastError" error message in the console log, multiple times. Makes it difficult to see error messages from systems I'm working on. Full text is — Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- (2019-03-09, v:0.4.1) Robert Butera: Does not work in Brave browser
works for me in Chrome, but not brave browser. have it set to foreground, put tab right next to current tab, and double click opens 2 tabs at the end in background
- (2018-07-09, v:0.4) Yusniel: Blacklist not working
In the line 20 of background.js you're calling substr on tld but tld is a number at that point. Please fix firefox extension too. Thanks.
- (2018-02-09, v:0.3.2) Daniel Meyer: Privacy
I'm interested in this app, but I have a question: Why does it need to be able to see and edit all website content?