Double-click (double tap) on a link to open it in a new Tab. Designed for tablets and laptop trackpads.
Designed specifically for touch-screen tablets and laptops with trackpads (which don't have a right-click mouse button). It works similar to the "open link in new tab" option in the popup menu when you right-click on a link, but this method is faster, because right-clicking is a slow process without an external mouse. No longer will you have to hold down the button and wait for the popup menu, or perform complex mouse gestures to accomplish this seemingly common task. In the settings window you can change whether (1) tabs open at front; (2) tabs open next to current tab; (3) blacklist certain websites.
- (2020-02-19) V T C: Good idea, but breaks the Watch Later and Add to Queue links on Youtube thumbnails. It causes the video to launch on the same tab.
- (2020-02-08) B Branden: At the youtube.com website double clicking on a link in the side bar brings up the title of the chosen video but NOT the video itself. The video is the same both before and after the double click.
- (2019-12-04) valkyria086: At first i thought it was kinda awkward to use, but now after a long time using i felt awkward of not using it.
- (2019-01-27) Color Bars: It works exactly as described. Using surface book in tablet mode, this is exactly what i was looking for. Thanks devs. Definitely a time saver for opening new links as tabs in background.
- (2019-01-17) AxeL KILIMAN: Awesome ! thank you, i'm using this on chrome + firefox now, just what i needed :)
- (2018-08-01) Nazmul Hossain: Nice
- (2018-01-23) Went looking for a "right click link opens new tab" extension, but found one this instead. Works flawlessly and it's exactly what I was looking for. Great extension, highly recommend!
- (2017-12-27) Ryan Jack: A very simple and effective double-click to open links in a new tab. SUPERB! Many thanks.
- (2019-07-29, v:0.4.1) Mark Kenny: Unchecked runtime.lastError messages in console log
Excellent extension, works brilliantly. One tiny problem, as a web developer I use the console log all day. This extension is adding an "Unchecked runtime.lastError" error message in the console log, multiple times. Makes it difficult to see error messages from systems I'm working on. Full text is — Unchecked runtime.lastError: The message port closed before a response was received.
- (2019-03-09, v:0.4.1) Robert Butera: Does not work in Brave browser
works for me in Chrome, but not brave browser. have it set to foreground, put tab right next to current tab, and double click opens 2 tabs at the end in background
- (2018-07-09, v:0.4) Yusniel: Blacklist not working
In the line 20 of background.js you're calling substr on tld but tld is a number at that point. Please fix firefox extension too. Thanks.
- (2018-02-09, v:0.3.2) Daniel Meyer: Privacy
I'm interested in this app, but I have a question: Why does it need to be able to see and edit all website content?