Counts characters in selections.
A browser extension for viewing the number of characters in text selections. Click extension button to activate, then the count appears in the top-right corner of the browser window. NOTE: Tabs must be reloaded after installing for the extension to work. • Select text (with mouse or keyboard) to see the number of characters • Quickly view the number of characters on an entire page using keyboard shortcut (OS X: CMD-a, Windows: CTRL-a) • Click the extension button to activate/deactivate See also: Word Count: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/word-count/iemgpaejfjknfhcahkeijkmickjhnhik New in 1.2.0: Activation/deactivation stays in sync across existing and new tabs/windows and after navigation/refresh. Thanks for the feedback!
- (2020-03-30) Aamir Sheikh: Not worthy to install.
- (2020-03-04) Alexandru Ion: its not working anymore, neither the word count by the same developer. too bad, it looked so simple, exactly what I wanted.
- (2020-02-10) Tamas Biro: Not working.
- (2019-09-16) Bryce Mullen: The only reason I wanted this was to count characters on a particular site. It doesn't work on a lot of different sites I would want it to work on. Cool concept but needs work.
- (2019-09-10) Nicklas Nielsen: Works for Hootsuite which is what I needed it for
- (2019-06-13) SearchOptiMark: One of the best Chrome extension for content writer and SEOs.
- (2019-06-06) Michal Novák: Dont function
- (2019-04-12) Cindy Rizzato: Wanted it for Google Map Reviews, didn't work there or anywhere else :-( I turned it on, off, refreshed page, turned off AdBlock and reopened the browser so I think I tried all the troubleshooting.
- (2019-03-16) Does not work at all for me.
- (2018-07-25) GRE Development: good
- (2018-05-29) Philip Jones: Didn't work on several websites.
- (2018-05-19) Simon Cohen: Love it - would give it 5 stars if it worked in Google Docs too!
- (2018-05-07) Mikey Gray: Could do with a few additions (with or without spaces, etc) but a solid, uninvasive extension.
- (2018-03-20) Rajendra Dubey: good I liked it
- (2018-02-06) Nguyễn Duy Hiếu: Please make it auto run when chrome start. Thank you!
- (2018-01-17) Alison Burke: Its great for static site copy, but it would be great if it worked in Google Docs/Sheets/etc. I know there's a character counter built-in, but I like to be able to see the character count move as I select, so I can grab just the right number of characters without guessing.
- (2017-11-09) Alicia F.: Doesn't work at all with twitter, it appears, which is the only site I need it for.
- (2017-10-26) ThirteenStrings: Simply didn't work on the site I needed to use it with.
- (2017-04-18) Kemal Dağ: Works great
- (2017-01-17) Vincent James: Just gives me exactly what I need. Kudos!
- (2016-11-12) Mohamed Elshawaf: Get the job done simply
- (2016-10-19) Lars Pedersen: Needs an option to exclude spaces. But still a great tool.
- (2016-06-21) Simple design does exactly as promised.
- (2016-06-07) Дмитрий Сотников: CTRL+a is the worst choice for shortcut on windows. Guess what it does, when you press it?
- (2016-05-10) Mickey Luongo: Worked well, but caused a compatibility issue with a site I needed to use.