Counts words in selections.
A browser extension for viewing the number of words in text selections. Click extension button to activate, then the count appears in the top-right corner of the browser window. NOTE: Tabs must be reloaded after installing for the extension to work. • Select text (with mouse or keyboard) to see the number of words • Quickly view the number of words on an entire page using keyboard shortcut (OS X: CMD-a, Windows: CTRL-a) • Click the extension button to activate/deactivate Words are counted by splitting selected text on whitespace and considering resulting groups of characters to be words if they contain at least one "alphanumeric" character. See also: Character Count: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/character-count/bpjdkinahbalcimnlaijodhiigpfkmjf
- (2020-03-17) Human13: Didn't work on PC
- (2020-03-04) Alexandru Ion: its not working anymore, neither the character count by the same developer.
- (2019-11-01) Mendel J: Perfect. No right click needed
- (2019-08-30) ДНК Строитель: Не работает с русским языком.
- (2019-05-18) Connie Wildermuth: Didn't work.
- (2019-04-15) Nadezda Ershova: does not work in PDFs
- (2019-02-24) My favourite word count extension. Many others you have to copy and paste or right click, but this one all you need to do is highlight and I love it. I use it all the time! Highly recommend!
- (2019-01-07) Arif Billah: It was perfect, accurate, and SUPER SIMPLE.
- (2017-11-20) James Seaman: So many other word count tool are overly complex. The beauty of this addon is its simplicity and accuracy. Well done.
- (2016-12-06) Tana Sulaiman: Simple and quick.